You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-07-13] Germany vs Argentina

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Germany will win inside 90 minutes
88%
Germany will win after extra time
8%
Germany will win on penalties
No votes
Argentina will win on penalties
No votes
Argentina will win after extra time
No votes
Argentina will win inside 90 minutes
4%

Total votes : 24

Re: [2014-07-13] Germany vs Argentina

Postby MUTU » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:31 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:had to be won by the rightful winner of 1966; Germany

You're getting ahead of yourself. Hurst's second goal did not cross the line, true, but if it hadn't been awarded then it would have been the 2nd time that England hit the woodwork in extra time, previously conceding an equalizer in the 89th minute. Also, Roger Hunt would have looked like a total fool for wheeling around in celebration rather than tapping in the rebound. So there's that, the ball did NOT cross the line, but that doesn't necessarily mean that England didn't deserve to win the World Cup.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:38 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Dgro wrote:I think Messi got the award because it would be hard to give it to any one German player. Like, it's impossible to say who our best player was. People point to Muller:

Beside the point though. The award should have gone to Robben.

I've finally read through all the posts here. I have one revelation to make. Although extremely doubtful prior to the tournament, after the first game I was convinced that Germany would win this cup. The conviction came from a post ramsej had posted about something a friend had said (and I later heard it from another friend of mine). They said that England will win the world cup because 2014 has been parallel to 1966 in football. History does tend to repeat itself in football. The footballing universe always offers a chance to make things right. My theory went that since in 1966, England won by a non-existent goal, then this Cup, which is the first in history to use goalline technology, had to be won by the rightful winner of 1966; Germany. The moment I found out that Brazil and Italy, like Germany now, had won their fourth titles 24 years after their third, I became even more so convinced. Superstitious I know, but you can't say I was wrong.

Throughout the final I was very nervous and afraid. At half-time I thought we would lose. But once the game went to extra time I was sure we would win and we would win before penalties. Germany have played in WC finals in '74, '82, '86, '90, and '02, yet not one of them went to extra time. Not since 1966. ;)

A huge well done to all the players. I have yet to come across anyone saying that Germany aren't deserved champions. Maybe you could have made a case for Argentina on Sunday, but looking at the whole tournament Germany were far ahead of anyone else.

and my pessimist me was thinking that since there all parallels to the 1966 Germany was going to reach the final and lose :oops:
However on a Fifa Competition I chose this slogan: We are coming for the fourth star.
there were other parallels which made me worried ... those who eliminate brazil will lose the final / SF...
and also the game for the 3rd place... (this is positive) the only time that a WC winner eliminated the fourth classified team was in 1990!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:01 pm

German and Argentina commentators when Götze scored the goal

Never heard Golazo spoken in such a sad tone. xD

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby tflags » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:15 pm

MUTU wrote:
Germany’s Christoph Kramer ‘can’t remember World Cup final’ after concussion against Argentina [source]

Just imagine what would have happened had it not been Garay but rather Neuer involved in that accident. :?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby pyrasur » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:21 am

scaPEPgoat wrote:
pyrasur wrote:
Badger wrote:I really don't want to dilute Loew's praise, because he has been far better than critics give him credit for, but I have my doubts whether he'd have moved Lahm back to right back if circumstances hadn't more or less forced him to do it.

Lol I wouldn't have done it if I were Loew. Knowing what I did, I would have thrown on Grosskreutz at RB rather than gamble on Schweinsteiger AND Khedira maintaining fitness, so fair play to Loew proving me wrong. In the end I don't think it matters that circumstances forced him into it a little. He had other options than what he did, but he remained flexible and completely changed things up. Too much credit sometimes for leaders who get things right the first time, rather than leaders who are capable of changing their own hardened notions of what's right. Bill Gates didn't invent Microsoft, he saw something great, practically stole it, and ran with it.

It has to be said too that Loew stuck with many of his ideas, sticking with Hoewedes, Oezil and a 36 year old Klose.

So your assessment of Loew is that he "remained flexible and completely changed things up" and that he "stuck with many of his ideas" Kind of contradictory.
Is using Klose really one of "his ideas". The guy is greatest world cup player ever (until Muller dethrones him anyways) and the only striker on the squad. This was hardly a revolutionary idea to use him. And I never saw a point in the tournament when sticking with Ozil helped us in any way. In fact, it was the alternatives to Oezil who teamed up to score the most important goal that many of you people have seen in your entire lives!
Loew has since the wc stated that Goetze has proven he is better than Messi. Is he trying to sound stupid by saying he has best player in the world and decided to hardly use him? Or trying to sound stupid by making an obviously untrue statement? Anyhow, Loew is a strange man but let bygones be bygones we kings of the world!

You're right. "completely changed things up" and "stuck with some of his ideas" are contradictory. :/
Should have ixed out "completely" and said "he changed things up a lot, but not really completely" ;) I mean, switching formations, using a more conventional striker wasn't really changing things up that much. I mean, he totally used a false nine at the end of the game, so really Loew can be stubborn as an ass sometimes.

Don't see why using someone who should be the best player in the world, but not using him because he was out of form and maybe needed rest is so crazy. Lastly, not to point fingers ( :-$ slyly points finger at Kroos) SOMEONE could have put some of Oezil's set ups away :P. Gonna miss Kroos by the way before anyone gets upset. Before we trade more friendly exchanges, Oezil did not play his best in this tournament. I ONLY wanted to point out that he was hardly the only one who didn't step up all the way until we neared the end. We may never agree, so I agree we just shake hands :).
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Previous

Return to German National Team