You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-07-13] Germany vs Argentina

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Germany will win inside 90 minutes
88%
Germany will win after extra time
8%
Germany will win on penalties
No votes
Argentina will win on penalties
No votes
Argentina will win after extra time
No votes
Argentina will win inside 90 minutes
4%

Total votes : 24

Re: [2014-07-13] Germany vs Argentina

Postby scaPEPgoat » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:41 pm

DerKaiser wrote:
lau03143 wrote:Schweinsteiger was incredible.

What a finish for Götze.

So happy for Klose. Finally a winners medal to prove he's the greatest World Cup scorer ever.

Where are the Löw haters now?

I agree all The Löw haters including myself have to turn it down a bit now !

I have always been total Low hater...until now. It only took Khedira and Kramer getting inured for him to figure it out. I'm big enough to say I was wrong. I stand corrected. Loew got the job done. Total respect. And respect to the media for pressuring Loew to put Lahm at RB against his wishes. I hope the Gotze haters can all atone now too. We were very close to seeing that match go up for grabs on PK's and who knows what would have happened. World class brilliance on the highest of stages by Goetzilla. Dragged Yogi Bears balls right out of the forest fire for him. Now Jogi and Hansi can run this team forever. My daughter was wearing her black&red Gotze jersey for the whole tournament.
DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA. MIA SAN MIA, HELL, TODAY WIR SIND WIR. VIVA VIVA DEUTSCHLAND.
Last edited by scaPEPgoat on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:44 pm

BBC Match Highlights [Mega.co.nz hoster]
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:09 pm

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:14 pm

MUTU, go to hell. This is heart breaking picture. :cry: :P
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:26 pm

cimperski wrote:Can someone translate what Müller said?

She asked him if he was upset that he missed out on being the top scorer his answer was

This shite doesnt interest me, we are world champions we have the cup, that shitey golden shoe you can shove up your arse

(approximate translation)
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MoFattal » Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Did he really say that?!!!
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby walter » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:27 pm

MoFattal wrote:Did he really say that?!!!

:lol: that was probably a very liberal interpretation of what he said.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby DerKaiser » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:35 pm

well how would you translate "you can grease your ears with it"
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby AvatarX » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:45 pm

MUTU wrote:
AvatarX wrote:Schweinsteiger is OUR LEGEND!

After 14km of running, after got beaten many times, he finds the courage to STAND UP AND FIGHT. I can say that the moment he stood up and got in again I had a flashback of the past. THIS IS WHAT WAS MISSING! That fighting spirit and courage IMO change the course of the game and only moments afterwards, we scored.

That's what a legend should do! That's what a leader should do! Thank you Schweini ! Thank you all!

OK, now wipe your tears you big baby :mrgreen: :lol:

I can admit that I felt a tear there. Like finding an old love that thought as lost :)
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby AdepT » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:47 pm

DerKaiser wrote:well how would you translate "you can grease your ears with it"

surely not as shove it up your arse! :P
Different far away parts and different motions. :P
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby Badger » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:50 pm

MoFattal wrote:
AdepT wrote:Now if only Pep moves Lahm to his RB place, the world will come to order. :P

I don't think that will happen. With Kroos out, and no recplacement seemingly wanted, Lahm is destined to start as a central midfielder shielding the back trio of defenders. Plus, Lahm is now 30 and still fit, so playing as a central midfielder will prolong his career by a couple of seasons.

I really don't want to dilute Loew's praise, because he has been far better than critics give him credit for, but I have my doubts whether he'd have moved Lahm back to right back if circumstances hadn't more or less forced him to do it.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Badger » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:56 pm

scaPEPgoat wrote:
DerKaiser wrote:
lau03143 wrote:Schweinsteiger was incredible.

What a finish for Götze.

So happy for Klose. Finally a winners medal to prove he's the greatest World Cup scorer ever.

Where are the Löw haters now?

I agree all The Löw haters including myself have to turn it down a bit now !

I have always been total Low hater...until now. It only took Khedira and Kramer getting inured for him to figure it out. I'm big enough to say I was wrong. I stand corrected. Loew got the job done. Total respect. And respect to the media for pressuring Loew to put Lahm at RB against his wishes. I hope the Gotze haters can all atone now too. We were very close to seeing that match go up for grabs on PK's and who knows what would have happened. World class brilliance on the highest of stages by Goetzilla. Dragged Yogi Bears balls right out of the forest fire for him. Now Jogi and Hansi can run this team forever. My daughter was wearing her black&red Gotze jersey for the whole tournament.
DON'T CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA. MIA SAN MIA, HELL, TODAY WIR SIND WIR. VIVA VIVA DEUTSCHLAND.

Great post. We all get things wrong at times. It enriches a forum when members admit they are wrong at times, rather than dig in their heels defending their mistakes. Fullest respect from me. =D>
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby JANCKER » Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:05 pm

I admire Messi, but these Messi-fanboys keep making every kind of excuse for his failure, like the one that Neuer deserved a red card, they're so pathetic. I'm glad for Messi that he won the golden ball, the only player of Argentina to deserve this final, but not glad for Messi-fanboys, even if in my opinion Muller deserved it.
Messi-fanboys always blaming 'park the bus' strategy, now they're part of it.
7 Argentina players were always on their half, attacking with only 3 players, pathetic strategy.
The world must learn a lesson or two from Germany's success that a team wins, not a player or two.
BL never had star individuals like Pele, Maradona, Ronaldo, Messi, Penaldo, Zlatan, etc.
Their strength is in the team and team-spirit, and they choose that over individualism and publicity.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby pyrasur » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Messi's definitely lost the Barca team of three and four years ago. Individuals need a team to shine, but at least at Barcelona Messi recognized his team when he celebrated his goals with his team. I thought Argentina came at us more in this game then they did against Netherlands, so fair play to them for that. If not for Higuain, they might have won. After awhile, they definitely realized that bunkering home was their best chance to win the game, so not going to tell a team to commit suicide against Germany :mrgreen:

Really don't understand the fans complaining of Neuer's clearance. That was his space. Every kid in the sport knows the keeper has the right of way if he can claim the ball. Higuain should have given up the chase, and he endangered Neuer in not doing so. :coffee:
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby pyrasur » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:32 pm

Badger wrote:I really don't want to dilute Loew's praise, because he has been far better than critics give him credit for, but I have my doubts whether he'd have moved Lahm back to right back if circumstances hadn't more or less forced him to do it.

Lol I wouldn't have done it if I were Loew. Knowing what I did, I would have thrown on Grosskreutz at RB rather than gamble on Schweinsteiger AND Khedira maintaining fitness, so fair play to Loew proving me wrong. In the end I don't think it matters that circumstances forced him into it a little. He had other options than what he did, but he remained flexible and completely changed things up. Too much credit sometimes for leaders who get things right the first time, rather than leaders who are capable of changing their own hardened notions of what's right. Bill Gates didn't invent Microsoft, he saw something great, practically stole it, and ran with it.

It has to be said too that Loew stuck with many of his ideas, sticking with Hoewedes, Oezil and a 36 year old Klose.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team