You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Germany to play England next year

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Germany to play England next year

Postby tracylynn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:26 am

According to Loew, Germany will play England next year at the rebuilt Wembley stadium on August 22.

Here's the link to the news archive for the German NT.

http://www.dfb.de/news/e_index.html
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby podolski4life » Tue Dec 12, 2006 5:22 am

Hopefully the Wembley will be done by then. It was supposed to be finished a while back, and the budget’s way more than all of Germany’s stadia put together.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby diegis » Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:01 pm

Germany will also play vs Romania somewhere in september @ Cologne :D :D (last time we met we won 5-1 :lol: )
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Mirage » Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:02 pm

It's all so far away!

Anyway, Podolski will most likely be banned for this friendly, which is a shame, but I'm not too bothered. I still see plenty of him playing for Bayern :P
England will fight, especially since they're at home and it's Wembley. Nevertheless, I'm tempted to say Germany'll win (unless they show the same form they showed in the last 2008 qualifier). Nah I think England will get it, but it's pointless predicting now when it's so far away and teams are bound to change.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:30 pm

Even though Loew is saying there's match between the two sides in August, no one from England's NT is making a comment on it. I guess they're saying that they are unaware of this event taking place. So, this could very well change.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby tracylynn » Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:32 am

On Fox Football Phone In, the hosts said that Germany would be the perfect team to open up Wembley standium. They also said that the game would be a game that Germany would win. :D
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:44 pm

Germany will have an extremely good chance. But I hope England win, not just because I'm English, but because I think it will hurt extra if we lose the first game at Wembley :cry:
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Miss Dangerous » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:05 pm

I can`t see England winning as long as this McClaren still there :(
Miss Dangerous
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:49 pm

Miss Dangerous...!! wrote:I can`t see England winning as long as this McClaren still there :(

Yes, McClaren is having problems. Any manager England have always has problems lol. The assistant coach guy, I think Terry Venables, was rumoured to be quitting about a month ago. Not sure what happened to that rumour, but it just goes to show what problems England seem to have.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby tracylynn » Thu May 31, 2007 5:24 pm

It's official!!! August 22, England -vs- Germany at the new Wembley Stadium. Germany had made the announcement a long time ago but neither FIFA nor England would confirm it...until today.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:39 am

ah ok

and I thought they were going to play Brazil instead, but they are playing Germany too, cool
FC Bajern

Return to German National Team