You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2015-03-29] Georgia vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:00 pm

Georgia will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Germany will win
100%

Total votes : 4

Re: [2015-03-29] Georgia vs Germany

Postby RB624 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:41 pm

Another thing I noticed today: it seems that pitch-invasions are not going to stop. As long as FIFA/UEFA don't take a hard stance against them, they'll continue. They need to seriously fine the federations of the home teams when it happens. If the federations don't like being fined, then they can improve security and/or start getting serious about punishing the invaders. At Brazil 2014, Brazilian law enforcement would hold a pitch-invader in a cell until he/she paid $100.

$100?!?!?!?!?!?!? What a joke :(

With social media the way it is, these pitch-invasions are going to happen more and more and at worse and worse times. The football world needs to start doing something real about it.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby RB624 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:13 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:Oh god.. there goes the bullshit discussion about singing or not singing the national anthem.. I would have better things to do as a player then singing a stupid song at the start of a match, focus on my key play for the coming 90 minutes. National anthems are so blown out of proportion.

I was going to just drop it, but I'm going to reply because you're totally missing the point. Even though I prefer if everyone sings, I won't vilify a player for not doing so. In fact, the great German National Teams of the 80's and 90's had hardly any singers from what I remember. My problem is that certain players have come out and said that are specifically not singing for certain reasons. For instance, Ozil says he does not sing out of respect to Turkey. Khedira says he does not sing out of respect to Tunisia. To me, that's hypocritical.

Why is singing the national anthem of your country disrespectful to the country of your father? Why is wearing the German eagle not disrespecting Turkey, but singing the German national anthem is? I think it's because Ozil and Khedira are treating the national team like it's a club team. They're happy to raise their value by playing on a great national team, but they refuse to show any outward allegiance to Germany. They're great team players, and they get a long great with their mates, so that is not an issue. The issue is that they seem to have a personal agenda not to be considered German.

Ozil even played against Turkey. How is that more respectful to Turkey than not singing the German national anthem when they play someone else?
I think it's an odd and discouraging sight to see the white players singing and the non-white players not singing. It looks bad. The German fans and the country itself accept them as 100% German, so why can't they embrace that?

I would even have no problem if Ozil didn't want to play against Turkey, or Khedira against Tunisia, or Boateng against Ghana. I have no problem with that kind of allegiance. But if you're wearing the shirt, and you're playing Georgia or Argentina or whomever, then be one with your teammates and sing the anthem.
RB624
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:24 pm

I don't like the hypocritical bullshit surrounding it for instance here in the Netherlands.. All year everyone is hating politics and all that stuff because they are **** people over. Then all of a sudden the king here has his birthday and everyone starts to cheer and sing the national anthem and stuff.. While the rest of the year, they dont have any positive word for the guys.

Doesnt mean that i care anything at all about our king etc.

Anyway, in a lot of matches it just stirs other shit up, like hate. Albania / Serbia.. Brasil/Argentina.. Italy/Spain.. Spain/Portugal.. Germany/Netherlands.. France/Italy.. Austria/Germany in the past. Always heated up the match unnecessary.

The way the Germans do it with the whole Symphony is ridiculous to the top.. I feel more ashamed then anything else tho have German blood when i just tune in to early to see it..

I don't need a jingle to be one with a team, so shouldnt the players either ;)
Ottomeister13

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:37 pm

I cannot understand one thing... ashamed from what?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:44 pm

That they have to use that whole stupid symphony and that Tenor singer..
Ottomeister13

Postby pyrasur » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:44 am

I've wavered a lot on this subject. I agree that Özil and Khedira and any other of the Germans with that mixed or different heritage should not make such a big deal about not singing the national anthem. I don't think it really disrespects another country to sing the anthem of the country you represent.

But national identity is such a personal deal. Maybe some of the other Americans can back me up here, but in America people don't make a big deal about singing the anthem when it's played. For me, I don't sing the national anthem when it is sung because it's a moment of reflection. And I would never really sing the German anthem aloud because the United States has done more for me in my upbringing than Germany has, even if its only because my parents chose to raise the family in the States. But identity is pretty complicated. I don't feel disloyal to the States just because I would probably keep my thumbs pressed for Germany when the two football teams play (Yeah I know Germany would crush the US :) ). In a way, I think it's just as bad that all the ethnic Germans sing the national anthem, because it isolates the Germans who are German by upbringing who don't sing :/

Either way, I think there are more important ways to measure a person's patriotism than if they sing or not. Like praying in public, It's just another way for people to talk about how patriotic they are rather than letting their actions speak. Like religion, I'm skeptical about concerning myself when someone isn't enthusiastically patriotic. Maybe only my family is wary of nationalism, but I thought the Second World War had more of a similar effect for other Germans as well.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby nm462272 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:14 pm

pyrasur wrote:Maybe some of the other Americans can back me up here, but in America people don't make a big deal about singing the anthem when it's played.

I think you're right, as far as this context. I've never noticed if US athletes sing the anthem or not when it's played -- only when they start crying or tearing up while it's happening do I notice (gag, :roll: ). However, there are a lot of other areas in US culture where people are questioned or punished when not showing enough "patriotism"... the whole thing makes me uncomfortable.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:28 pm

This is the first time that I am hearing this... whenever I see an event and the US Nat anthem is played everyone sings his heart out
ramsej84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:37 pm

ramsej84 wrote:This is the first time that I am hearing this... whenever I see an event and the US Nat anthem is played everyone sings his heart out

That's probably true, but at the same time, if someone wasn't singing I don't think people would notice
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:02 pm

ramsej84 wrote:This is the first time that I am hearing this... whenever I see an event and the US Nat anthem is played everyone sings his heart out

Then watch the NFL ;) Not much players sing ;)
Ottomeister13

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:12 pm

but the spectators?

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:13 pm

Possibly, but they show other stuff when the national anthem is sung most of the time, like the US flag, militairy, singer etc..
Ottomeister13

Postby nm462272 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:16 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:Possibly, but they show other stuff when the national anthem is sung most of the time, like the US flag, militairy, singer etc..

the obligatory shot of someone singing in the crowd while crying :roll:

nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:29 pm

nm462272 wrote:
Ottomeister13 wrote:Possibly, but they show other stuff when the national anthem is sung most of the time, like the US flag, militairy, singer etc..

:lol:

Sent from my GT-S6802 using Tapatalk 2
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:28 pm

nm462272 wrote:

I dont get that either.. Maybe if someone close ( family or friend was a militairy person ) i could understand.. But any other reason then that and crying with the National Anthem is just.. #-o
Ottomeister13

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team