You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Element » Wed May 14, 2014 9:45 am

MUTU wrote:I have a question: who would you say is the last pure-blood German striker who was born in Germany and spent his whole career playing in the Bundesliga (i.e. only learned his football from Germany) and who was, in his time, considered a top striker? I went back to the late 80s and off the top of my head cannot find one.

Jupp Heynckes and Gerd Mueller (left germany at the age of 34) and both were in the 70s

Klinsmann , Bierhoff , Voeller , Rummenigge have spent a considerable amount outside germany
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed May 14, 2014 9:50 am

Element wrote:
MUTU wrote:I have a question: who would you say is the last pure-blood German striker who was born in Germany and spent his whole career playing in the Bundesliga (i.e. only learned his football from Germany) and who was, in his time, considered a top striker? I went back to the late 80s and off the top of my head cannot find one.

Jupp Heynckes and Gerd Mueller (left germany at the age of 34) and both were in the 70s

Klinsmann , Bierhoff , Voeller , Rummenigge have spent a considerable amount outside germany

Also, since Bierhoff I believe only Jancker, Kießling and Hanke are the pure-blooded strikers who played in a tournament, and none of them are top. Volland, if he plays at all, will be fourth since Bierhoff, but he's not exactly a world-beater.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB general » Wed May 14, 2014 10:21 am

Element wrote:

Uli Kirsten - Dynamo Dresden and Bayer Leverkusen?

Marco Bode - Werder Bremen?
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 14, 2014 10:21 am

MUTU wrote:I have a question: who would you say is the last pure-blood German striker who was born in Germany and spent his whole career (at least until he retired from international football) playing in the Bundesliga (i.e. only learned his football from Germany) and who was, in his time, considered a top striker? I went back to the late 80s and off the top of my head cannot find one.

I have a feeling that the answer is going to be Gerd Mueller...

To be fair players are moving abroad more often these days.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed May 14, 2014 10:26 am

Ulf Kirsten as striker and Marco Bode as midfilder. They both played entire career for one or two clubs inside Germany.

Kirsten was a goal-machine, one of the best ever in Germany. I don't know how don't you remember him. :D :wink:

Then we have here legendary Martin Max as another striker. :wink:
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Wed May 14, 2014 10:36 am

FCB general wrote:Ulf Kirsten as striker and Marco Bode as midfilder. They both played entire career for one or two clubs inside Germany.

Kirsten was a goal-machine, one of the best ever in Germany. I don't know how don't you remember him. :D :wink:

Then we have here legendary Martin Max as another striker. :wink:

Ulf Kirsten wasn't a top player. He never even won German footballer of the year. When I say top I mean he's a Ballon d'Or nominee.

Martin Max also wasn't top, and also not pure German (he was born in Poland).

Marco Bode was a midfielder not a striker, as you pointed out yourself.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed May 14, 2014 11:02 am

MUTU wrote:Ulf Kirsten wasn't a top player. He never even won German footballer of the year. When I say top I mean he's a Ballon d'Or nominee.

Martin Max also wasn't top, and also not pure German (he was born in Poland).

Well, they both were top in Germany. I don't care about awards. Henry never won Ballon d'Or or something, like many other great players, but that doesn't mean they were bad players. :wink:

Excuse ME! But since when 'we' care about pure genes? :mrgreen: :lol: I guess Max like both Poldi and Klose were born in the part of Poland which was also ex-part of Germany(Prussian Empire). :wink: That's why the guys like them got themselves into the Germany and its NT. :)

Whatever... Germany never had that much great strikers after Müller and Rummenigge.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Element » Wed May 14, 2014 11:06 am

FCB general wrote:
Excuse ME! But since when 'we' care about pure genes?

that is true

but I think MUTUs Point is that German Football Associations and Players have been neglecting the Striker Position for so Long that now we don't have a striker to play for the NT and that the strikers of the previous year were actually strikers because of them being culturally different due to have a migratory background

same as Englands GK problem , They Called David James "calamity James" yet he was their number 1 till he became 40 years old !!
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCB general » Wed May 14, 2014 11:45 am

Element wrote:that is true

Us two like to kidding sometimes when we discuss about that. :)

Element wrote:but I think MUTUs Point is that German Football Associations and Players have been neglecting the Striker Position for so Long that now we don't have a striker to play for the NT and that the strikers of the previous year were actually strikers because of them being culturally different due to have a migratory background

Yes. That's true. Bayern can't find or develop new Gerd Müller or find someone like Rummenigge, Kirsten, Klinsmann, Heynckes, etc.

The same goes with GKs after Maier since Bayern don't have time to give a chance to his youngsters or those youngsters at the end don't become great goalkeepers.

I simply don't get it why Germany in the last 15 years can't produce one striker between 175-190cm tall, with amazing goal instinct and great tehnique, very quick with great stamina and very good dribbling skills and yeah... That clear, ethnic German. Why is not possible?

It's just impossible for Bayern, but also for the rest of Germany. The same things goes around these days with fullbacks, especially the left one.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Wed May 14, 2014 12:05 pm

My point is that while Germany has consistently produced good players in every other position, it seems that for a German player to become a top striker he either needs to move abroad (eg Klinsmann and Bierhoff) and become a top striker there, or else have foreign blood (eg Klose, Kuranyi and Gomez). This has been the case since Rummenigge! You can't say the same about any other position (eg GK - Kahn, LB - Ziege, CD - Sammer, Hummels, RB - Lahm, CDM - Frings, CM - Ballack, LM - Reus, RM - Deisler) but why is striker always a problem? What is it with Germans and that position? Is it the football school? Is it the culture?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed May 14, 2014 12:22 pm

I think you are forgetting someone. ;)

Spoiler: show
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Wed May 14, 2014 1:36 pm

Germanys Squad Has Been Reduced from 30 to 27 !!!

Loew has removed 4 players from the list and added a New one (Cristoph Kramer)

the players who had to leave are

1-Marcell Jansen : Joachim Loew said that even though he is not injured anymore , his fitness is not at the optimal level and has not played a lot after his injury vs Chile in March

2-Leon Goretzka

3-Max Meyer

4-Andre Hahn: Andre Hahn was Replaced with Cristoph Kramer

Loew said "this has nothing to do with his performance because we are very pleased about that ,The reason is related to his position, in the Central Midfield we have many player who recently had some problems or suffered from long injuries ,so we want to have an extra option in the training camp to be prepared for all situations, and Cristoph Kramer has left a great impression in both Training and the match"
==============
Joachim Loew Finally did something right IMO
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby ramsej84 » Wed May 14, 2014 1:51 pm

this krames has Croatian roots isn't he? I remember this guy from FM2014 - Borr.Monchengladbach loaned from B04!
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Element » Wed May 14, 2014 1:56 pm

ramsej84 wrote:this krames has Croatian roots isn't he? I remember this guy from FM2014 - Borr.Monchengladbach loaned from B04!

No , not at all
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby FCB general » Wed May 14, 2014 2:01 pm

ramsej84 wrote:this krames has Croatian roots isn't he? I remember this guy from FM2014 - Borr.Monchengladbach loaned from B04!

Häääää? Kramer doesn't sound at all like Croatian surname. It's either Germanic or Anglosaxonic. :)

Branimir Hrgota is Swedish Croat who plays for Gladbach.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team