You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Re: General German national team thread

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Element wrote:Max Kruse and Nils Petersen FTW :P

You forgot Cacau.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Mario Gomez [Mario Gómez García]

Postby Grimnir » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:21 pm

Element wrote:
Grimnir wrote:
MoFattal wrote:So, Germany will be forced to play the false 9 during the world cup. That makes it a whole lot harder to win the thing.

No false 9 is not needed... There are other strikers than Gomez and Klose. Personally, I'd love to see Lasogga get a shot and I'm not alone there. Lasogga has scored 12 goals and an assist in 17 starts for Hamburg this season. That's nothing to sniff at regardless of Hamburg's position.

Lasogga is currently injured!!

I thought he was back again in April...guess not :? In that case I'd still go for Kruse before a false 9...
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:01 pm

Grimnir wrote:I thought he was back again in April...guess not In that case I'd still go for Kruse before a false 9...

If none of them return in time I would go for a false nine (Muller or Schurrle) but I would call Kruse anyway just in case it doesn't work out.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Call up Jancker and have him stand still in the penalty box, then have everyone try to lump the ball at his head and get a deflected goal. #pepraus
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby JJJ » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:27 pm

Müller as a CF.

So Götze, Özil, Reus behind him. Kroos next to Basti.
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MUTU » Thu May 01, 2014 1:25 pm

Klose and Hoewedes back in training! [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:32 am

i think this will be your year if you dont play mertesacker anyway
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby MoFattal » Sun May 04, 2014 6:05 am

I hope Germany wins it but I don't see it that way. Apart from the attacking midfield, there are a few deficiencies which might prove harmful over the course of the tournament. Add to that JLo at the helm and the formula doesn't look so good anymore. I surely hope I'm wrong, but I cannot see beyond a semi-final finish.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Verres » Sun May 04, 2014 10:30 am

Here s my preferred world cup team:

I prefer Grosskreutz the most as the left back, since he is a hard physical and tireless tackler, is more than acostumed to atacking on left side as lw is his primary position, and with his never die attitude I have a felling that even though he might not shine in some less important games, he would not disappoint in the big games. Schmelzer for me is just the opposite, literally soft spot in german defense. I expect to see Ozil highly motivated after the season and critics (more than jusifiable in my opinion) he s had, otherwise there s Kroos to fill in. And regarding midfield, I think its high time for Lars to step in. Besides defensive skills he has enough technical skills to play in this team. I actually think he is better offensively than Khedira. And I am not sure how Kroos - Schweinsteiger linup at the cdm would work against teams like Italy, Basti alone in defence is not good enough. Eventhough Kroos is not the same pussy he used to be in defence, apart from his pressing, he is not comparable to true defensive midfielders, which Basti alone, as we ve seen this season, cannot entirely compensate.
But on a more realistic side, we will probably see

or

But at the end I dont think the bigest weakness of this team is lef back or striker spot. For me it is Low. And I dont understand how dfb extended his contract when he failed so miserably at euro 2012. Even with Alaba and Lewandowski in his team I still dont believe Low would be able to win this tournament. I would be surprised to see Germany in the final let alone win this world cup. But I hope for a surprise and Low proves me wrong.
Verres
Getting the hang of it

Postby walter » Tue May 06, 2014 5:36 pm

Gomez not making the squad today for Fiorentina. His chances of playing in the WC are getting slim now. Condolences Mutu.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby JJJ » Tue May 06, 2014 7:04 pm

CM, CM, CM
CAM
Müller, Reus

Hoooooooly counter-attack in FIFA 14. :D
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Grimnir » Wed May 07, 2014 3:27 pm

walter wrote:Gomez not making the squad today for Fiorentina. His chances of playing in the WC are getting slim now. Condolences Mutu.

Will really be sad if he doesn't play at all :( I'm too used to seeing him or Klose there, and to see neither one this year will really suck.

I agree with what was said earlier about Jogi being the main weak spot. All in its still a great lineup that is capable of winning, imo. I hope though that we don't see Lahm in defensive mid, that needs to stop in Bayern to begin with we don't need it coming consistently into the German team as well :?
Grimnir
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Jorge » Wed May 07, 2014 5:36 pm

Verres wrote:

But at the end I dont think the bigest weakness of this team is lef back or striker spot. For me it is Low. And I dont understand how dfb extended his contract when he failed so miserably at euro 2012. Even with Alaba and Lewandowski in his team I still dont believe Low would be able to win this tournament. I would be surprised to see Germany in the final let alone win this world cup. But I hope for a surprise and Low proves me wrong.

I am trying to follow you, I fully agree that Low does not have what it takes to go all the way. He seems to lack that bag of tricks for difficult games, typically against teams like Italy or Spain, one takes the ball from you while the other disrupts your game plan but the part that I do not agree is your prediction of Low's line-up. Based on what he has done for years I expect him the field something likes this:

If Klose is back he will bench Gotze and Muller is moved to the right. As crazy as it sounds I am convinced that Low prefers Podolski over Reus and this is the type of stuff that separates Low from the great coaches.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby walter » Thu May 08, 2014 1:14 am

Jorge wrote:

If Klose is back he will bench Gotze and Muller is moved to the right. As crazy as it sounds I am convinced that Low prefers Podolski over Reus and this is the type of stuff that separates Low from the great coaches.

I wanna say that he will start Reus even if he loves Podolski. It just happens that Reus is the most in-form German player right now. It would be too crazy, even for Loew, not to play him in the starting lineup.
walter
I post all the time

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Thu May 08, 2014 6:18 am

If Jogi had balls he would play with a back three of Hummels, Mertesacker and Boateng.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team