You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Re: General German national team thread

Postby FCB general » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Nice... But Schalke don't have enough money to pay Hoppenheim big sum of money. If Firmino moves, I'm sure that won't be under 12 mil €. Be my guest Scheisse 04 and grab that guy if you can.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:24 am

Khedira back in training this month! [source]
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:05 pm

After the World Cup back in 2010 I thought it was the beginning of a golden German era. A pretty young and unexperienced but full of quality German team dominated the World Cup against sides like Argentina or England and finally managed to get the 3rd place. It was the beginning of the Özil, Kroos, Müller... era and we also had some other great talents coming in.

One of the main reasons of Germany not winning the World Cup back then was probably due to the team hadn't played together for more than 2 weeks so we were expecting a lot for the upcoming years

Then die Mannschaft played some great dominant football in the Euro qualifiers and it looked like the team was rowing in the right direction...

BUT then Euro2012 arrived and Germany's performance was pretty disappointing. But even after that Euro I have the feeling that we are going backwards. I haven't seen any improvement in this team since 2011. In fact I feel more and more confused everytime I see Germany playing.

Löw should have established some tactics and players, but instead of doing that, he kept changing tactics, players and formations in every game

We have much more depth, quality and better winning mentality ( :D ) than in the previous years but I haven't seen a convincing performance since 2011
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:20 pm

^ I agree up until that nice red "BUT". Euro 2012's performances weren't disappointing: only the match against Italy was disappointing. Germany had set a world record competitive match winning streak up until the match against Italy. Even then, they were dominating up until Balotelli scored the first. I don't think Germany have fully recovered since. But for me the peak happened during Euro 2012. If Balotelli was injured that day, Germany may well have won Euro 2012.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:24 pm

Guys stop panicking- yesterday was a non-sense friendly were the players were not ready to risk, some of them were also reluctant to sprint.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:20 pm

MUTU wrote:^ I agree up until that nice red "BUT". Euro 2012's performances weren't disappointing: only the match against Italy was disappointing. Germany had set a world record competitive match winning streak up until the match against Italy. Even then, they were dominating up until Balotelli scored the first. I don't think Germany have fully recovered since. But for me the peak happened during Euro 2012. If Balotelli was injured that day, Germany may well have won Euro 2012.

Germany was crap the entire tournament. Since 2004, the team with the best defensive record takes the international trophy (in 2002, it was Brazil, who conceded 4 goals, their opponent... Germany, who conceded just 1 before the final, but we can all agree that the 2002 crop was horribly unbalanced, that is, Kahn and Ballack did all the heavy lifting and the rest were crap, and that includes Klose). Germany conceded 2 against Greece in the Euros. Make your own deduction. The depressing truth, however, is that you can't plain outscore your opponent anymore to win trophies.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:29 pm

MUTU wrote:^ I agree up until that nice red "BUT". Euro 2012's performances weren't disappointing: only the match against Italy was disappointing. Germany had set a world record competitive match winning streak up until the match against Italy. Even then, they were dominating up until Balotelli scored the first. I don't think Germany have fully recovered since. But for me the peak happened during Euro 2012. If Balotelli was injured that day, Germany may well have won Euro 2012.

Completely agree. I have watched very few NT games since then but the results and reviews all suggest we're going downhill.

Germany tend to show up once the real tournament arrives though, so I'm not giving up just yet. But certainly they need to get it together.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:31 pm

quaazi wrote:

Germany was crap the entire tournament. Since 2004, the team with the best defensive record takes the international trophy (in 2002, it was Brazil, who conceded 4 goals, their opponent... Germany, who conceded just 1 before the final, but we can all agree that the 2002 crop was horribly unbalanced, that is, Kahn and Ballack did all the heavy lifting and the rest were crap, and that includes Klose). Germany conceded 2 against Greece in the Euros. Make your own deduction. The depressing truth, however, is that you can't plain outscore your opponent anymore to win trophies.

Wow, didn't realise this. But I did find out you're a bit wrong :P

Croatia only conceded 2 goals in Euro 2008. Spain conceded 3.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:51 pm

Croatia played less games so obviously they conceded less as well, I'm comparing the top four teams.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:06 pm

I don't think Germany played a good Euro even if you take that Italy game apart. Not a good game against Portugal, only a good first half against Netherlands and another poor game against Denmark. Greece game had also many up and downs.

The team played brilliant football just before the Euro but then Schweini got badly injured and both Bayern and Mannschaft started to go downhill in 2012

And the team never got on track again. Yes we win most of the games because the quality of our players but I was expecting much more from this team after WC2010

I'm not ruling anything for this World Cup but I'm not too optimistic.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCB general » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:48 pm

Löw is the man who has to be changed and what did DFB do? They extended Löw's contract for another 2 years. #-o #-o #-o

I can't believe how the bosses of German football decided to kill the future results. Germany don't play good fooball recently even though the team is always performing almost perfect in EC/WC qualifications under Löw, but some friendly games and especially tournaments have shown how Löw looks weak when it comes to face with serious teams on important matches.

Conesquently, I don't know will Germany get something there in Brazil when you have great and tricky opponents such as Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, etc.

Löw still hasn't decided will Germany play with classic #9 or with a winger/midfielder on #9. The last line doesn't have a leader, well-known German word abwehrchef. Lahm situation will also entirely shape German team whether he'll be CDM or RB. Too many questions and 99 days until the start of World Cup. :|
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby michel » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:17 pm

The narrow 1:0 win for Germany against Chile has made us learn five lessons while there are less than 100 days to address the problems. Let's take a hard look at them. Analysis: five things we learned from Germany vs. Chile
Publisher of Bayern Central
michel
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dgro » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:47 pm

I'm of the opinion that if Low can figure out the back four, whatever offensive problems the team is having will take care of itself. With players like Boateng, Howedes, Mertesacker, Hummels, and Lahm to choose from, there's no reason Germany shouldn't have a world-class defense. Frustrating.
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Haruko Arsenal » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:02 pm

Neuer
Lahm-Mertesacker-Hummels-?
-------Kroos---S/steiger----
Muller-------Gotze-------Ozil
-----------------?-------------------
Haruko Arsenal
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JJJ » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:13 pm

Schmelzer covers LB, I guess.
Gomez should play upfront.
Özil wont be a winger.
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team