You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Re: General German national team thread

Postby ramsej84 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Ribbeck was nothing special either... the worst German coach ever.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby runaway » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:22 pm

Joachim Loew’s Germany Squad Take Tube To Wembley For Training Session [source]

And here’s a disgruntled Jogi Loew claiming Thomas Muller back at the ‘Lost and Found’ kiosk after the Bayern forward wandered off in the search of some pick’n'mix and got lost… :lol:
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:54 pm

Congratulations to the female U-17 team, who are the new European Champions, beating Spain on penalties in the final.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:16 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Congratulations to the female U-17 team, who are the new European Champions, beating Spain on penalties in the final.

Cool :) Seems like the young women have more 'balls' than the ones in the senior men's national team as they beat Italy in a semifinal and they won a final against Spain :lol:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:59 pm

Here you guys can vote for the best german national player of 2013... I went with Lahm

http://fanclub.dfb.de/index.php?id=1009
The closest a person ever comes to perfection is when he fills out a job application form.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Tedesco » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Jup. No question about Lahm.

Shame Özil is ahead. :x
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:39 pm

Voted for Lahm as well.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:58 am

The Bundesliga top scorer, 28-year old Raffael, who has nine goals and five assists so far said he would play for Germany if Joachim Löw wanted him. [source]

It's true that Germany's options up front are on the thin side, but I seriously doubt they would do this. They're too proud for that. And national teams are not clubs anyway...

Bild's photo-editing showing Raffael in a Germany shirt:
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby scaPEPgoat » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:11 pm

MUTU wrote:
The Bundesliga top scorer, 28-year old Raffael, who has nine goals and five assists so far said he would play for Germany if Joachim Löw wanted him. [source]

It's true that Germany's options up front are on the thin side, but I seriously doubt they would do this. They're too proud for that. And national teams are not clubs anyway...

Bild's photo-editing showing Raffael in a Germany shirt:

How too proud? What about Cacau? They played him over real Germans on 23 occasions.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:30 pm

Different. Cacau learned all of his professional football in Germany. He got his citizenship after having lived in Germany for over 8 years, just like any normal person could. He learned football the German way.

On the other hand Raffael has been in Germany since 2008. He learned football elsewhere before that. He is 28 years old.

It is a subtle difference, but I think it matters a bit.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:49 pm

Wow... So he should get an opportunity more than natives as Max Kruse, Volland, Herrmann, even Podolski... Yeah, right...

p.s. He still hasn't lived in Germany for 8 years to request citizenship unlike Cacau who did and still is. :|
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby scaPEPgoat » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:10 am

MUTU wrote:Different. Cacau learned all of his professional football in Germany. He got his citizenship after having lived in Germany for over 8 years, just like any normal person could. He learned football the German way.

On the other hand Raffael has been in Germany since 2008. He learned football elsewhere before that. He is 28 years old.

It is a subtle difference, but I think it matters a bit.

No way. Cacau was born in 1981 and did not play for his first German team until 2000. Hardly learned his football in Germany. he got his citizenship in Feb 2009 and made his international debut 3 months later. It was a total case of pimp my citizenship. It was the beginning of the still ongoing persection of Mr. Kiessling.
Cacau never played for Germany at any junior level either. Plus 1 third of all the goals he ever scored for Germany were against Malta lol so I know you hate him.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:13 am

Raffael is an attacking midfielder, and mostly a secondary striker, a position which is already packed with some of the best players in the world right now. No need to dig much into this discussion ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Jorge » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:25 pm

scaPEPgoat wrote:No way. Cacau was born in 1981 and did not play for his first German team until 2000. Hardly learned his football in Germany. he got his citizenship in Feb 2009 and made his international debut 3 months later. It was a total case of pimp my citizenship. It was the beginning of the still ongoing persection of Mr. Kiessling.
Cacau never played for Germany at any junior level either. Plus 1 third of all the goals he ever scored for Germany were against Malta lol so I know you hate him.

At the time I discussed this issue with a Brazilian friend and at the end we agreed on one thing: we have to look not only at the receiving country (Germany) but also the issuing country (Brazil), is Cacau a Brazilian Footballer? Let’s see:

Cacau was actually unknown in Brazil when he put on the German jersey having played in Brazil for 2 seasons at age 16-17 for Atletico Nacional, a small semi-amateur club that plays only at local level in São Paulo, the very bottom of the Brazilian Football. He moved to Germany because of some personal connections to play for a tiny small amateur club that plays locally in Munich and some games around the Bavaria. This is the time when he caught the eye of a Nürnberg scout that put him on their reserve team in at age 18.

You decide, IMO Cacau’s case is different and although you may have an argument saying he isn’t German there is an even stronger argument supporting that he isn’t Brazilian footballer.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby scaPEPgoat » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:30 pm

Well everyone's case will be different from someone elses but I do agree it is not as blatant as Raffael would be. I did not realize he was unknown when he moved to Germany (although how well known was Raffael before he left Brazil. Not being rhetorical, I really have no idea) or that his Brazilian outfit was such a minnow (I mean I saw they were called Nacional so that at least sounds like they are at the national top-level, right?) but still I am sure he learned a few of his tricks growing up in Brazil. If you look at it by his age alone then it would be like if Max Meyer left for Arsenal this month and then 5 years later kitted up for the 3 lions. Nobody around here would say Max Meyer was an English player. Now if Holtby ever played for England (and they are so bad maybe he will one day) it would be a different case. But yeah, obviously there are different views on passport players and I respect your opinion. I think it is unfair personally. Not as bad when they are from Brazil because usually they would not be good enough to play for their homeland anyways. But even still, if players from all over the world are coming to play in the great Buli then it is stupid if after 5 years (or whatever it is) they can all poach a national team spot away from the German players. As Luis Figo said when Deco was added to Portuguese team in 2004:
"I don't think people would be happy in Spain if I became a Spanish national and played for the Spanish side."

"It's something that distorts team spirit and I don't agree with it."

"If you're born Chinese, well, you have to play for China.

"I have nothing against those who do that but it's superficial.

"It looks like you're trying to take advantage of something. That's my opinion and I'm not going to change it because he is in the team."

Although that was 10 years ago and nowadays some European countries would probably charge figo with a hate crime if he said that but oh well. The key of what he said for me is that it distorts team spirit. In sports it is common to hear expressions like "the team that wanted it more won" or "that team won because they showed more heart" Well, in my opinion, it is unlikely that a world cup win for germany means as much to a cacau or a raffael as it would mean to a kiessling or a Kevin Volland
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team