You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Element » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:31 pm

Alexander Merkel has denied what his agent said , and added that he has not decided yet about his future

He Ruled out the fact of playing for Kazakhstan, but said that both Germany and Russia are open and that the NT that calls him first will have the better cards
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Element wrote:the NT that calls him first will have the better cards

The DFB will never fall for these "traps". He is only going to play for Germany if he only wants to play for Germany and if he associates himself with Germany. Has his head grown so large that he thinks that the DFB and the Russian federation are going to have a tussle for him? Perhaps he should focus on playing regularly first before he's even considered.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:58 pm

MUTU wrote:The DFB will never fall for these "traps". He is only going to play for Germany if he only wants to play for Germany and if he associates himself with Germany. Has his head grown so large that he thinks that the DFB and the Russian federation are going to have a tussle for him? Perhaps he should focus on playing regularly first before he's even considered.

True

Actually i think that he is trying to become a German nT as soon as possible to increase his value in eyes of AC Milan (He is talented and being a German NT player at age of 18 is surely impressive)
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Koma » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:48 am

Pff, to be honest I wouldn't call him at all if he says that. Germany has many talented players on his position and if he says that he will join the side that gives him better offer, that means that he does not care about NT but only his needs.
Bayern Team for the Champions League trophy -
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/ ... unchen.jpg
Koma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dambun » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:19 am

Element wrote:
MUTU wrote:The DFB will never fall for these "traps". He is only going to play for Germany if he only wants to play for Germany and if he associates himself with Germany. Has his head grown so large that he thinks that the DFB and the Russian federation are going to have a tussle for him? Perhaps he should focus on playing regularly first before he's even considered.

True

Actually i think that he is trying to become a German nT as soon as possible to increase his value in eyes of AC Milan (He is talented and being a German NT player at age of 18 is surely impressive)

I agree with both of you.....
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby Element » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:20 pm

Turkish-German player Cenk Tosun Decided to play for Turkey

Cenk Tosun was born in Wetzlar , Germany in 1991

He is an offensive all-rounder (mainly forward)

and played for all German NT youth teams (U-17 , U-18 , u-19 , u-20 , u-21)

This winter he left Eintracht Frankfurt and joined Turkish club Gaziantepspor where he is a big player now (3 matches , he scored 2 goals and gave 1 assist)

Guus Hiddink is a fan of him , and invited him to the NT
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MUTU » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:28 pm

How I hate it when they are born and bred in Germany, learn all their football in Germany, take the place of other Germans in the youth national teams, and then when they realise that they have little chance to play for the senior team, they turn their back on Germany and play for another country! Kevin-Prince Boateng, Mehmet Ekici and now Cenk Tosun spring to mind. This has to stop, and FIFA must do something about it!

Germany may have players in the senior team with dual citizenship and who may have been born in other countries, but they have only ever played for German youth national teams! And all of them with the exception of Cacau learned their football in Germany!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:55 am

MUTU wrote:How I hate it when they are born and bred in Germany, learn all their football in Germany, take the place of other Germans in the youth national teams, and then when they realise that they have little chance to play for the senior team, they turn their back on Germany and play for another country! Kevin-Prince Boateng, Mehmet Ekici and now Cenk Tosun spring to mind. This has to stop, and FIFA must do something about it!

Germany may have players in the senior team with dual citizenship and who may have been born in other countries, but they have only ever played for German youth national teams! And all of them with the exception of Cacau learned their football in Germany!

Great point MUTU, the whole concept of citizenship and who should be allowed to play for what country needs to be addressed by FIFA!

I had dual citizenship (German/American) until I was 18yrs old and I had to chose at that point. Since I was born in the USA and lived in the USA, it was a no-brainer. The same simple philosophy needs to be applied to sport.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby walter » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:37 pm

MUTU wrote:How I hate it when they are born and bred in Germany, learn all their football in Germany, take the place of other Germans in the youth national teams, and then when they realise that they have little chance to play for the senior team, they turn their back on Germany and play for another country! Kevin-Prince Boateng, Mehmet Ekici and now Cenk Tosun spring to mind. This has to stop, and FIFA must do something about it!

I actually disagree in that it should be a FIFA thing. The fact is Turks, even if several generations in Germany, are still culturally Turks. The Turkish ghettos in Germany are more like Turkey than anything else. The problem is Germany failing to integrate them culturally, which seems to be a very hard task anyways, because the Turks are not necessarily interested in doing it. In the case of Ozil he always said he felt German, so the decission was logical, but if that is not the case with a different player, then he should not be prevented from playing for the team of the country for which he feels culturally identified with, as long as he also has the citizenship for that country.

Now, there are cases that are quite absurd, like for example Jermaine Jones playing for USA, especially after playing friendlies for the senior German national team; but heck, it's his decision and I think if anything it should be the country they intend to play for that should regulate.

On a different topic, but staying within general topic of the thread, I'm pretty sure Ballack's international career is over now. Not only he has to compete with Khedira and Schweini for a position in CM, but now that Rolfes has hit top form, Hitzlsperger has made a fairytale comeback from injury and Sven Bender is demonstrating how a good ball winner he is, how can an aging, injury prone and slow Michael Ballack be justified in the NT???

PS. I hope I don't get flamed by bllackfcb... :lol:
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:01 pm

My point is not which country they should associate themselves with, but that they should not choose depending on what works out best for them. They are making use of the superior German youth national team setups (taking the place of others who actually want to play for Germany) and then they are betraying the German NT and choosing to play for Turkey/USA/wherever.

If they intend to play for Turkey, then they should play for the Turkey U21 (and U17, U19 etc). This behaviour is not really fair on Germany, and it should be stopped.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby walter » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:18 pm

They are making use of the superior German youth national team setups (taking the place of others who actually want to play for Germany) and then they are betraying the German NT and choosing to play for Turkey/USA/wherever.

You do have a point here in terms of taking the spot of someone else that does wanna play for Germany. I guess the German youth teams should be more selective in terms of the commitment that the players have to the German National Team. However, someone might have as a first option to play for Germany but if when he comes to age he realizes he is not good enough to play for Germay, should FIFA restrict them from playing for their second country? see, that's another dilemma here.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby MUTU » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:36 pm

walter wrote:However, someone might have as a first option to play for Germany but if when he comes to age he realizes he is not good enough to play for Germay, should FIFA restrict them from playing for their second country?

This encompasses what I am arguing about. If someone plays for the youth setup of country A and realises that he is not good enough for country A, he should not be allowed to play for country B.

In a lot of countries, once you turn 18 you should decide on your citizenship. FIFA should adopt something similar with players of dual citizenship who turn 18... they have to sign something that ties them to one single country, and he can't ever be poached by another national team.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ballackfcb » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:37 pm

walter wrote:

I actually disagree in that it should be a FIFA thing. The fact is Turks, even if several generations in Germany, are still culturally Turks. The Turkish ghettos in Germany are more like Turkey than anything else. The problem is Germany failing to integrate them culturally, which seems to be a very hard task anyways, because the Turks are not necessarily interested in doing it. In the case of Ozil he always said he felt German, so the decission was logical, but if that is not the case with a different player, then he should not be prevented from playing for the team of the country for which he feels culturally identified with, as long as he also has the citizenship for that country.

Now, there are cases that are quite absurd, like for example Jermaine Jones playing for USA, especially after playing friendlies for the senior German national team; but heck, it's his decision and I think if anything it should be the country they intend to play for that should regulate.

On a different topic, but staying within general topic of the thread, I'm pretty sure Ballack's international career is over now. Not only he has to compete with Khedira and Schweini for a position in CM, but now that Rolfes has hit top form, Hitzlsperger has made a fairytale comeback from injury and Sven Bender is demonstrating how a good ball winner he is, how can an aging, injury prone and slow Michael Ballack be justified in the NT???

PS. I hope I don't get flamed by bllackfcb... :lol:

Here I am :wave:

Obviously I am going to defend Ballack :wink:
I am certain if he is fit he will be in the german squad in march for the 2 games against Kazakhstan and Australia.
He is not slow and can still bring quality to the german team.
Khedira can look forward to sitting on the bench for the foreseeable future.
I look forward to see Ballack lift the european championship trophy as captain at euro 2012.
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby tflags » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:33 am

Muller with... errr... Wings?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Re: General Chat Thread

Postby MUTU » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:50 am

tflags wrote:Muller with... errr... Wings?

Woah, Mueller's so versatile that he can play anywhere in midfield, attack and cockpit :)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team