You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Re: General German national team thread

Postby Koma » Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:17 pm

Something needs to be changed really, I mean even tho' I am not German I like German football and obviously Bayern and when I see German national team... Ozil, Khedira, Klose, Podolski, Trochowski, Cacao... German team is on his way to become Switzerland, international team, not national team. Don't forget Subotic had chance to play for Germany, that would be disaster.
Bayern Team for the Champions League trophy -
http://www.footballuser.com/formations/ ... unchen.jpg
Koma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Element » Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Koma wrote:Something needs to be changed really, I mean even tho' I am not German I like German football and obviously Bayern and when I see German national team... Ozil, Khedira, Klose, Podolski, Trochowski, Cacao... German team is on his way to become Switzerland, international team, not national team. Don't forget Subotic had chance to play for Germany, that would be disaster.
----------------Kraft--------------

All of them Are Germans,but with Origins

what i am afraid of is that those players start to play for their origins countries , which will leave Germany with no players
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MUTU » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:32 am

Element wrote:I have A Friend who is German from Syrian Origins , but was Born in Saudi Arabia and currently lives in Jordan
That would be a mess if he dcided to play football according to your rule

Actually it won't. Just see where he spent the majority of his last 10 years of his life in, and that's who he's eligible to play for, and ONLY for that team.
With the CURRENT rules it's a mess, since apparently he could choose between Germany, Syria, Saudi Arabia and Jordan.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby quaazi » Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:36 am

Koma wrote:Something needs to be changed really, I mean even tho' I am not German I like German football and obviously Bayern and when I see German national team... Ozil, Khedira, Klose, Podolski, Trochowski, Cacao... German team is on his way to become Switzerland, international team, not national team. Don't forget Subotic had chance to play for Germany, that would be disaster.

This racist crap in not cool. Germany is benefitting from a long policy of pro-immigration, not bringing in players like Qatar or the like. If we're going to put a veto on immigrant players, then we might as well rule off all the games Zizou played for France and count them as algerian. Or write off EVERY SINGLE USA player because they're all sons of immigrants anyway. This tendency is completely natural in a globalizing world, and nations like France and England have been doing it for ages. Besides, are you saying that Mehmet Scholl, or Mehmet Yüksel to be precise, shouldn't have played for Germany then? Fredi Bobic? Jens Nowotny (the surname sounds polish, you see)?

Also you missed Boateng. :P
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Element » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:38 pm

Arthur Beck , The Agent of Alexander Merkel announced that Merkel wants to play for Germany

Arthur Beck is the Brother of Germany's NT Player Andreas Beck who also was Born in Russia and preferred Germany over Russia
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Psychaz » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:56 pm

quaazi wrote:

This racist crap in not cool. Germany is benefitting from a long policy of pro-immigration, not bringing in players like Qatar or the like. If we're going to put a veto on immigrant players, then we might as well rule off all the games Zizou played for France and count them as algerian. Or write off EVERY SINGLE USA player because they're all sons of immigrants anyway. This tendency is completely natural in a globalizing world, and nations like France and England have been doing it for ages. Besides, are you saying that Mehmet Scholl, or Mehmet Yüksel to be precise, shouldn't have played for Germany then? Fredi Bobic? Jens Nowotny (the surname sounds polish, you see)?

Boateng was born in Germany though( that is if you are talking about Jerome Boateng), if you born there its fine IMO, its people like Thiago Motta who are Brazlian, born in Brazil to Brazilian parents that annoy me
Proud to be Haitian
Psychaz
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Koma » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:29 pm

quaazi wrote:

It's not racist crap, it's about identity, history and tradition. I don't mind players that have other origins but their father and they were born in Germany (Scholl and others) but players like Cacao, Ozil, Khedira and others bother me.
Koma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Element » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:56 pm

Koma wrote:Cacao, Ozil, Khedira and others bother me.

Ozil and Khedira are 100% like Scholl

in fact Ozils father is German too
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Koma wrote:It's not racist crap, it's about identity, history and tradition. I don't mind players that have other origins but their father and they were born in Germany (Scholl and others) but players like Cacao, Ozil, Khedira and others bother me.

Yeeees it is. Özil is a third-generation german. Scholl is not. Khedira is exactly like Scholl, as Element pointed out. You've only got a decent argument with Cacau. That is if we are to assume classifying players like this is any valid in the first place.

Also, what bothers you? You are, judging from your location, a serb. How can three quasi-foreigners in Germany bother you. Let's keep going with the assumption that you're a german (from a long line of germans) living in Serbia. How can they bother you? Do they somehow violate german "traditions, history or identity" or do they somehow decrease the stature, or honour, of being a german (a laughable concept that died with Hitler)? Then, do they not reflect the german demographic statistics? Would you suggest that the only acceptable country is a homogenous nationalist state, a preconception that died ages ago, then?

Seriously, you either a) don't have a right to complain about the matter, or b) are a stone dead bigot. Your choice.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby sch0ll7 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:59 pm

Element wrote:
Koma wrote:Cacao, Ozil, Khedira and others bother me.

Ozil and Khedira are 100% like Scholl

in fact Ozils father is German too

I dont think that man named Mustafa is German :)

But Khedira is like Scholl as they both have a mixed background and their mother is German.

I think that every person that was born and lives in certain country has the right to play for it. Khedira or Ozil would not be what they are today if there wasnt for German football school. Germany has the best football acadamies and if they were born in Turkey or Tunisia they would not be as good as today...so they are right to play for Germany.

The same goes for Podolski [who came to Germany when he was 2 years old and learned his football skills in Germany, Klose [father is German and came to Germany when he was 7], Trochowski [when he was 7 years old and also gained his football knowledge in Germany] etc...

But I agree that Cacau is a different story as he was not born or raised in Germany.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Element » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:54 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:I dont think that man named Mustafa is German

Dude , I meant that Ozils Father is German from Turkish Origins

it was Mesut's Grandfather who came from Turkey , not Mesut's FATHER
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby Koma » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:42 pm

quaazi wrote:
Koma wrote:It's not racist crap, it's about identity, history and tradition. I don't mind players that have other origins but their father and they were born in Germany (Scholl and others) but players like Cacao, Ozil, Khedira and others bother me.

Yeeees it is. Özil is a third-generation german. Scholl is not. Khedira is exactly like Scholl, as Element pointed out. You've only got a decent argument with Cacau. That is if we are to assume classifying players like this is any valid in the first place.

Also, what bothers you? You are, judging from your location, a serb. How can three quasi-foreigners in Germany bother you. Let's keep going with the assumption that you're a german (from a long line of germans) living in Serbia. How can they bother you? Do they somehow violate german "traditions, history or identity" or do they somehow decrease the stature, or honour, of being a german (a laughable concept that died with Hitler)? Then, do they not reflect the german demographic statistics? Would you suggest that the only acceptable country is a homogenous nationalist state, a preconception that died ages ago, then?

Seriously, you either a) don't have a right to complain about the matter, or b) are a stone dead bigot. Your choice.

I am a Serb and my roots are Serbian and my family does not have any conection with any other country including Germany. What bothers me is the fact that, players like those that I mentioned can't feel same conection and love for the country they are playing for as the player who is the same nationality as the country he is playing for. One other thing is, that globalisation, in couple of years roots will be gone, people will lose their identity and they will play/work in country that suits them for their goals. Take Ozil for example, his father wanted him to play for Turkey because man feels that is his country and he wants to see his son in their jersey, but no, Mesut picks side that can win trophies and be among the best in the world.

Also, Bojan Krkic from Barcelona, his father is Serb, he moved there when he was 26-27 years old to play football. When Serbian FA offered him to play for our national team (that was 2 years ago when he was still very young) he refused because he wants to be among the best with Spain.

Those things bother me mate, greedy man that only look after their needs and goals and forget about their roots and their origins. It's cool for them, they will eventualy get what they want, but it hurts the image of the country, like Germany etc.
Koma
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Element » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:48 pm

Koma wrote:Also, Bojan Krkic from Barcelona, his father is Serb, he moved there when he was 26-27 years old to play football. When Serbian FA offered him to play for our national team (that was 2 years ago when he was still very young) he refused because he wants to be among the best with Spain.

Bojan was Born in Spain and his mother is spain

so
like i said many times , he is related to Spain so whatever his reasons are , you can not deny his connection to Spain and cant prevent him from playing for the National team
Element

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby KAHN » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:13 am

I am also from Serbia and I'm glad there is someone from here in the forum. :D
About this discussion, you people have to realize that modern-appearing humans originated in Africa about 200,000 years ago, reaching full behavioral modernity around 50,000 years ago. So after all those years and migrations everyone origins are different and mixed. So people who try to explore bloodlines of players in NT teams are just being racist! I understand what Koma try to say. He doesn't want to see players playing for NT just because it means they will easily get better contract, more trophies and more popularity. But that is becoming a problem for every NT. I can give you a list of players in Serbian NT that are clearly Serbians :roll: but do not play with there hart and not give there best. So the fact that some players play for there NT like it is just another club and another game is not because of there origins or because they are born in different country but because it is there nature to act like that. And we can't do anything about it!
"You are here for a good time ... Not a long time"
Colin McRae
Rally legend
R.I.P
5/8/1968-15/9/2007
KAHN
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Serbia and Montenegro

Postby quaazi » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:04 pm

It's the times right now, simple as that. The german squad reflects the demographic statistics of Germany, and any complaint should be adressed at the Multikulti policy rather than the football players. Even though it's a very silly thing to complain about anyway.
The ideal team

quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team