You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Re: General German national team thread

Postby MUTU » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:22 am

quaazi wrote:Nothing to worry about, Hoeness would beat the crap out of him if he opted to play for Turkey.

I should not worry about that? RIP Emre Can
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:35 pm

If Can wants to play for Turkey, there they(Bayern, Löw) can't nothing else to do. But I think he will wait and decide to play for Germany. He has a choice what the most other players don't have.
Auf geht's ihr Roten!
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby Element » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:23 pm

Loew will be facing a problem in picking the offensive midfield trio

Oezil : the best "Real 10" in the world right now ,some say Real Madrids best player , awesome passing and creativity , and ALWAYS good for an assist

(in the past 1 month he gave an assist every match except in 1 clasico !! vs Grenada he gave 3!!! ) Making it 1 goal and 8 assists in 8 matches
====================================================
Mueller : The Einstein of football , now not on form , but when on form he is A world class player and deadly effective , the way he thinks and finds solutions is amazing
===============================
Goetze: Can play 10 or winger , most versatile play wise only 19 years old, plays with joy and can pass , and also is not afraid to RISK (positively of course)
===============================
Reus: That Guy is An entire Offense by himself , passing , scoring, shooting and Running , the Bomb of the League so far , vs Bayern in the 3-1 win of gladbach , he gave a pass that made A XAVI fanatic say " has Xavi joined the bundesliga"

in 17 matches he scored 12 goals and gave 6 assists and is playing world class
in the last 3 matches he scored 2 goals and gave 3 assists !!!
=======================
Podolski: this season is by far his best as a Pro.. in 18 matches he scored 15 goals and gave 5 assists , so far he scored 100% of the dangerous chances making him deadly effective in front of goal

other than that , internationally, people rate him as one of the best in the Entire World , and with the NT and in Big Tournaments he is TOP

and with 95 matches at the age of 26 , he will mostly break matthaus number

================================

Now , Whatever Loew picks , the offensive midfield will be the best in the tournament, But i want to see some minutes with (oezil/Mueller/Reus)

Reason : Counter Attacks

The World was used to a specific style of counter attacks with the principle ( RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN)

but Mueller and Oezil (with secondary help of schweinsteiger) in 2010 introduced something new

Counter Attacking under a new principle

Oezil and Mueller are fast , but not super fast or SPEEDSTERS , their counter attacks relied on their Brains (einstein and the Wizard of Oez)

so their counter attacking motto was (We are too smart to be caught , so dont bother following, but with some luck you might stop us)

and this is the NEW way of counter attack

But recently , Marco Reus ( who is smart and a bi faster than the other 2 ) Started a new type of counter attacking in Gladbach

under the principle (You can follow if you want , you want catch as anyway )

so when the 3 best counter attackers in the world IMO combine ... Something New might show up

=============================
Really would like to hear your opinions and also your fav combinations
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby quaazi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:46 pm

Özil and Müller are a must, regardless of their club form. Both have been at their best for the NT alongside eachother.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:47 pm

I think that we will keep the Poldi-Ozil-Muller trio, possible with Kroos next to Schweini. Goetze will be our main supersub I guess, and Reus should be too provided he is fit (we know what he's like with the NT).

I see Goetze taking the role which Marin should have had during the last WC. The man to come in when we needed someone fresh up front. Unfortunately Marin didn't do that job well and ended up being replaced by Trochowski.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:36 pm

Problem with Reus is that he may be not good enough when the other teams park the bus. I'd like to see Löw using Götze---Özil---Müller at least once before the Euro and with Khedira, Schweinsteiger, Lahm and so on. Not just with reserve players

And also Schürrle is another top option for the attacking midfield

Reus and Schürrle can be great jokers. Just what Marin failed to do in the WC
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Tomas » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:06 pm

One thing I am concerned about is we really need to start looking at fwds. Our mid is packed full of offensive talent but our fwd position(s) is not. Once Klose retires as well have is Gomez. Cacau is a joke, Helmes... what happened to Helmes? Oh yea, he exploded on liftoff. Gomez is one of the best poachers in the game today but if he gets hurt, what do we do? We could put Mueller up there but he doesnt have enough experience to be a lone striker especially if it comes to playing sides like Spain or Nederlands.
Tomas
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:13 pm

I'd like to see Schürrle as lone striker. He has great attributes to be a striker
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby The Spyware » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Gomez will be the main sole striker of Bayern and Germany until he retires
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby tflags » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:53 am

I think Klose still has some gas in the tank for club and country.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby AvatarX » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:18 am

tflags wrote:I think Klose still has some gas in the tank for club and country.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Agree. I think at least until WC2014 we are covered with 2 great strikers. After that, we should search for a Gomez ST sub (I also like Schürrle as a lone striker idea).
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:58 am

AvatarX wrote:I think at least until WC2014 we are covered with 2 great strikers

Are you saying you think Klose will still be a great striker beyond 36 years old? I think this is his last competition. A youngster MUST pop up. Germany can't rely on 36+ yo players and leave the up-and-coming ones without international experience. That was the concept some time ago, and Germany suffered as a result. They are much better now with young players in this so-called golden age.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:00 am

Apart from Gomez and Klose, we already have Muller, Podolski and Schurrle, and even Reus who could play there. And we'll be promoting more youngsters at some point

Are you saying you think Klose will still be a great striker beyond 36 years old? I think this is his last competition.

I think this is his last competition as a starter. I am sure that unless he retires before that, he will be in the squad for WC 2014, just for experience, helping captain the team from the bench, and to hopefully score that one lone goal as a sub in a game to become the all-time top scorer.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:06 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think this is his last competition as a starter.

It could also be that WC2010 was his last competition as a starter. Klose headlined the scoring charts in previous competitions, but Gomez has been scoring a lot for club and country lately, in friendlies and qualifiers. It's hard to say who will be the main striker. I guess it'll be whoever will be the more in-form striker come June.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:08 am

MUTU wrote:
AvatarX wrote:I think at least until WC2014 we are covered with 2 great strikers

Are you saying you think Klose will still be a great striker beyond 36 years old? I think this is his last competition. A youngster MUST pop up. Germany can't rely on 36+ yo players and leave the up-and-coming ones without international experience. That was the concept some time ago, and Germany suffered as a result. They are much better now with young players in this so-called golden age.

No. I believe that Gomez will be the main striker after Euro, but Klose might be fit enough to be used as an experienced sub for the last minutes, like Neuville during WC 2002 (scored the last minutes winner in our first match).
Also youngsters have already popped up and they will get their chance (Schurrle, Reus). Even Podolksi can play there if needed.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team