You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Re: General German national team thread

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:00 pm

Manchu wrote:but otherwise as expected.

Actually there's a few surprises. Halstenberg posed to make his debut whilst Goetze and Guendogan are back.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Manchu » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:05 pm

MUTU wrote:
Manchu wrote:but otherwise as expected.

Actually there's a few surprises. Halstenberg posed to make his debut whilst Goetze and Guendogan are back.

We all knew that Gotze was eventually going to return, and I was expecting this international break for it. Guendogan, meanwhile, is a very good player with 20+ caps and it could be expected that he would eventually be given a chance once he recovered from injury.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:19 pm

Manchu wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
Surprised neither Gomez nor Werner have been called up, but otherwise as expected.

Werner is there, though. Gomez now probably behind Wagner in the pecking order.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Manchu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:14 am

RedQueen wrote:Werner is there, though. Gomez now probably behind Wagner in the pecking order.

I just realized that Gomez just came off a major injury, and it's not Low's habit to call up recently injured players unless he has to.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bmguy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:34 am

Can't wait to see how two most fastest players in EPL and Bundesliga, Sane and Werner, play close together. It would be something new in the team :mrgreen:

It's a pitty to miss out Goretzka for such a test. Gk looks a bit weak withou Neuer, Trapp has lost his place in PSG and Leno had a pathetic performance in Confed cup, now even Ulreich looks better than him.

From this 25 player squad, I reckon Younes, Plattenhart, Gotze or Gundogan will be dropped
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:05 pm

Leno is a shabby gk when compared to the likes of Neuer. The goal he let in against Azerbaijan, a top class GK would have saved it 10/10 times.

Trapp and Draxler are two players who must be regretting being P$G players and especially right before a WC year, hope that both of them put in transfer requests in the Winter or are sent out on loan to get regular games.

Plattenhardt is at the moment the best backup in Germany for Hector at LB.

If the likes of Götze and Gundogan start playing to their potential and get and remain fully fit then it’s gonna be really hard to keep them out of the squad.

I think the pace of Timo, Sane, Draxler, etc. would be neutralised by the French CB pairing of Umtiti & Varane. Those two are possibly the fastest CBs in Europe right now.

In any case, I hope Germany can continue their unbeaten run since 07/07/2016 into 2018.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bmguy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:02 pm

America USA wrote:Plattenhardt is at the moment the best backup in Germany for Hector at LB.

If the likes of Götze and Gundogan start playing to their potential and get and remain fully fit then it’s gonna be really hard to keep them out of the squad.

yes but you can only bring 23 players to the WC, and this call up has 25. Not to say we need to keep place for Mueller, Hector and Goretzka to come back, who else you think we can drop ?
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby RedQueen » Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:20 pm

Younes, Can and maybe Khedira, one of Plattenhardt and Halstenberg, and if Reus should come back, Brandt will probably be dropped. If Gündogan is fit, there's no chance that he will be dropped.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:52 pm

IMO it would be better if the squad size for competitive games was increased to 25. More cover for teams in case of injuries.

Also I personally think the numbers of subs in regular time (90 minutes) should be increased to four, with the possibility of one additional substitution in extra time. Too many times we see teams run out of subs and if a player injures himself then teams play with ten men. Italy in the Euro 2012 final comes to mind. Also too often it happens in ET that the players are gassed and merely waiting for penalties. A total of Five new outfield players could make the ET end to end stuff.

Now if after four subs there is still an injury then tough luck.

In friendly games upto 8 subs should be permissible. The meaning of friendlies is to give all the guys a run out.

But all this is probably for another thread.

Back to topic. I think Red Queen has got it right, but I don’t think Reus will make it to the WC. He is expected to return in March and that would mean a maximum of only 2-3 months of competitive football under his belt. It would be really unfair on guys like Brandt and maybe even Younes to be snubbed despite putting more effort throughout the season. Also today while watching Der Klassiker I heard the commentator say that Rudy could miss out on the WC due to lack of regular football with Bayern, so there are all sorts of things that could happen.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Jorge » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby RedQueen » Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:39 pm

America USA wrote:Also today while watching Der Klassiker I heard the commentator say that Rudy could miss out on the WC due to lack of regular football with Bayern, so there are all sorts of things that could happen.

Could also happen to Süle, as Löw reportedly has Orban on the radar, too.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:18 pm

RedQueen wrote:
America USA wrote:Also today while watching Der Klassiker I heard the commentator say that Rudy could miss out on the WC due to lack of regular football with Bayern, so there are all sorts of things that could happen.

I just hope that Loew does not take Wigel or Gundogan over Rudy

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Roonzil » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:34 pm

RedQueen wrote:

I'm biased, but imo it'd be super stupid to not get the regular top class backup of your preferred starting CB pairing in the squad. Süle will be used to playing with Kimmich/Boa/Mats/Manu, making him a good option to have in the squad. Especially if he keeps up his performances.

Tbh, for Süle's place, I'm more worried about Höwedes making a comeback.
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby America USA » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:46 am

ramsej84 wrote:
RedQueen wrote:

I just hope that Loew does not take Wigel or Gundogan over Rudy

If Rudy doesn’t make it to the WC I would put the blame mostly on Jupp (with all due respect) for preferring Martinez (a Spaniard) over Rudy and that too in a WC year. IMO, Bayern as the supplier club for the German national team (like Juventus and Italy) has a moral responsibility to make sure that the German players gets preference in a WC year. Rudy was doing a good job when Jupp took over and he has struggled for regular games since then. Will be interesting to see how he does in the two upcoming friendly games.

And the Dutch lady is right. Süle should in all likelyhood be in the WC squad unless Howedes or maybe even Mustafi have an absolutely brilliant second half to the season.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby PunkCapitalist » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:21 am

Fgs Javi >>>>>>>>>>>>> Rudy. Bayern has a moral responsibility to field the best possible 11.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team