You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Re: General German national team thread

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:03 am

Germany needs to score goals. C'mon, zero goals versus Poland and one goal versus Ireland? Time to rethink who should be up front.
They don't have an out-and-out striker and I can't believe Low still calls on Gomez to try to fill that spot. Kiessling deserves a call up.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Jorsett » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:54 am

nur4bayern wrote:Germany needs to score goals. C'mon, zero goals versus Poland and one goal versus Ireland? Time to rethink who should be up front.
They don't have an out-and-out striker and I can't believe Low still calls on Gomez to try to fill that spot. Kiessling deserves a call up.

This again? :P And if he deserves a call up, I wouldn't say right now is the best time for it. He's scored 1 in 6 in the BuLi this season. Not good ratio compared to his previous seasons.
#DankeBasti
Jorsett
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Norway
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby nur4bayern » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:06 pm

Jorsett wrote:
nur4bayern wrote:Germany needs to score goals. C'mon, zero goals versus Poland and one goal versus Ireland? Time to rethink who should be up front.

This again? :P And if he deserves a call up, I wouldn't say right now is the best time for it. He's scored 1 in 6 in the BuLi this season. Not good ratio compared to his previous seasons.

Kiessling's still a better choice than Gomez any day and Low called Gomez up instead of Kiessling. As for his lack of scoring in the BL, Bayern's striker hasn't been doing much either so far in the BL, but would Pep not play Lewo? Of course not.

It's time for Low to adjust his strategy and formations based on the strength of his players and be brave enough to swallow his pride and set aside past issues and call up players that will continue to make Die Mannschaft successful.
“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.”
nur4bayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:20 pm

nur4bayern wrote:
Jorsett wrote:

Kiessling's still a better choice than Gomez any day and Low called Gomez up instead of Kiessling. As for his lack of scoring in the BL, Bayern's striker hasn't been doing much either so far in the BL, but would Pep not play Lewo? Of course not.

It's time for Low to adjust his strategy and formations based on the strength of his players and be brave enough to swallow his pride and set aside past issues and call up players that will continue to make Die Mannschaft successful.

And that definitely wont be Kiessling, he failed once at NT, no need for that failure to try again.
Ottomeister13

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Oh come on guys... Germany just won the world cup under Loew, cut the man some slack...
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:33 pm

The thing is, Germany has no pure striker in it's squad and that can be a problem in certain games...
Ottomeister13

Postby runaway » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:41 am

Trailer for the movie. hahaha Mueller

“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:56 am

runaway wrote:Trailer for the movie. hahaha Mueller

I got one from the 2006 WC so this one is a must...
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby nm462272 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:50 pm

Runaway, love the avatar :lol: this movie looks like it will be awesome... very emotional seeing Schweini crying. Can't wait for this!
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby runaway » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:14 pm

Mueller apparently lost a bet with one of the staff in golf and that's his punishment. Serving food in dindrl dress.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Tedesco » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:35 pm

runaway wrote:Mueller apparently lost a bet with one of the staff in golf and that's his punishment. Serving food in dindrl dress.

Damn you. I was about to change my avatar to Müller in dindrl after watching this video. But you did it faster.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby runaway » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:45 pm

kekekeke you can edit to have a different color. :wink:

Somebody checked out dat ass.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Jorge » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:32 pm

Post Brazil 2014 Germany lacks rhythm, too slow going forward and too slow coming back in a structured manner to defend counterattacks.

What I find interesting is that I always had doubts about JLo delivering the World Cup and he did. In my opinion this golden German generation peaked in 2011-12; go back and recap the qualification for EURO and how dominant the team was with free flowing football in a group containing a strong Turkey side besides very difficult Belgium and Austria Germany went on to win all 10 matches scoring 34 goals. There were International friendlies against Brazil and The Netherlands where Germany looked like giving lessons to the opponent.
Then EURO 2012 came and after a convincing Group stage with 3 straight wins against Portugal, Denmark and The Netherlands Germany started to look shaky in the KO phase until the mental and tactical debacle against Italy. In my opinion Germany went down a notch after that, at the time it even explained to me that game in Berlin against Sweden, when you had 2 different Germanys in one game.

In Brazil I give credit to the effort of the players who certainly showed that they wanted this title probably more than anyone else and to a lesser degree a JLo who managed a good prep for the tournament but again was stubborn insisting with some player selection that diminished Germany's ability to fully control certain games that turned out to be more difficult than expected.

A combination of circumstances also played a role putting Germany in a better position with teams like Spain, Italy and Brazil coming the tournament fully unprepared; it was the big chance and it was possible, but it wasn't easy either. A team with limited resources compared to Germany like Algeria exposed how vulnerable Germany could be.

Right now Jlo has a puzzle in front of him and he is struggling trying to figure out how to put it together, he picked the wrong corner to start and without panic but with concerns started to move pieces around but it looks far from being a strategy.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby theundead » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:36 pm

Jorge wrote:Post Brazil 2014 Germany lacks rhythm, too slow going forward and too slow coming back in a structured manner to defend counterattacks.
Spoiler: show
What I find interesting is that I always had doubts about JLo delivering the World Cup and he did. In my opinion this golden German generation peaked in 2011-12; go back and recap the qualification for EURO and how dominant the team was with free flowing football in a group containing a strong Turkey side besides very difficult Belgium and Austria Germany went on to win all 10 matches scoring 34 goals. There were International friendlies against Brazil and The Netherlands where Germany looked like giving lessons to the opponent.
Then EURO 2012 came and after a convincing Group stage with 3 straight wins against Portugal, Denmark and The Netherlands Germany started to look shaky in the KO phase until the mental and tactical debacle against Italy. In my opinion Germany went down a notch after that, at the time it even explained to me that game in Berlin against Sweden, when you had 2 different Germanys in one game.

In Brazil I give credit to the effort of the players who certainly showed that they wanted this title probably more than anyone else and to a lesser degree a JLo who managed a good prep for the tournament but again was stubborn insisting with some player selection that diminished Germany's ability to fully control certain games that turned out to be more difficult than expected.

A combination of circumstances also played a role putting Germany in a better position with teams like Spain, Italy and Brazil coming the tournament fully unprepared; it was the big chance and it was possible, but it wasn't easy either. A team with limited resources compared to Germany like Algeria exposed how vulnerable Germany could be.

Right now Jlo has a puzzle in front of him and he is struggling trying to figure out how to put it together, he picked the wrong corner to start and without panic but with concerns started to move pieces around but it looks far from being a strategy.

Well said. I mentioned somewhere else as well that the amount of rebuilding this team needs is enormous. As much as the World hails the German football policies, there are a lot of problems that are only arising now. After Lahm's retirement, the team doesn't have a right back or a left back. Our only striker in the World cup was breathing his last for the NT and we don't have a suitable replacement.

And I agree with you about the player's passion to win the WC. Ghana, Algeria, and later Argentina completely defeated JLo's tactics but the players' passion and commitment won it for Germany. I will always remember Schweini's bleed under his right eye and the constant fouls he suffered. He still came back on and kept Messi, the great Lionel Messi, in his back pocket.
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby runaway » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:57 pm

The main issue for me is the midfield. For Bayern tactics to work, they'll need the core to know the tactics at heart. Kroos and Kramer only practices this every international break, this team will need Schweinstiger fit to bring stability.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team