You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Re: General German national team thread

Postby pyrasur » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:25 pm

Interesting perspective from die Zeit, agree or not.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Badger » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:46 pm

pyrasur wrote:Interesting perspective from die Zeit, agree or not.

That is a very good article with a lot of food for thought. Thanks for posting the link.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby Dgro » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:03 am

So, uh, this happened...

Everyone except Lukas should pray to Allah for some real quads 8)
Especially Boateng, look at those chicken legs!
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby scaPEPgoat » Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:07 am

Dgro wrote:So, uh, this happened...

Everyone except Lukas should pray to Allah for some real quads 8)
Especially Boateng, look at those chicken legs!

Hallo Leute! How many fingers did coach put in your bum last night?
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tflags » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:27 pm

pyrasur wrote:Interesting perspective from die Zeit, agree or not.

He fails to mention the lack of opportunities created by not having a proper full back doing the overlaps. I also feel German fans as a whole are worrying too much on the Lahm situation, one which, after getting solved, presents new questions: If Lahm does move back, will Khedira be able to hold the line? Both him and Kroos (he did track back when Germany faced a high pressuring Ghana) did miss a worrying number of passes vs both African teams. Even if he does, how would he perform as his own alter ego: The playmaker role? Would he be the aggressive, pin-point-accurate shooter we saw back in that 2010 bulldozer called Germany? Ozil's magic is sort of reduced to rounding figures these days and Kroos tends to divert more towards medium distance passes rather than those short, Magic Johnson No See passes into the box.

It is sort of a catch-22 situation isn't it? Moving Lahm at full back does bring the peace of mind Neuer is craving for, but it does leave the center of the park wide open. After all, Schweinsteiger cannot not be expected to cover both pivot's duties forever, not when he's not really fit to cover more than 70% of his own task.

So, would you rather have Lahm doing the rubbing-elbow thing vs Valvuena, or do you trust Khedira with that task?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby tflags » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:16 pm

LOL

Roy Smith wrote:"... for all the praise lavished upon the country's youth system in recent years, they only seem to produce two kinds of players.

One is central defenders. Germany have more central defenders than there are people in Oklahoma. Low will most likely name four in his side to face the French in the World Cup quarterfinal on Friday, only two of whom will actually play as central defenders."
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby DerKaiser » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:08 am

I heard an interesting rumor recently that Thomas Tuchel will become the next co trainer. (Mainz)
As long as no-one scored, it was always going to be close.’ – Arsene Wenger
DerKaiser
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Tedesco » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:53 am

I saw that too. Hope it materializes.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:34 am

tflags wrote: short, Magic Johnson No See passes into the box.

Didn't see this until today, but I really like the Lakers reference. I only saw him play from classic replays. Still thumbs up from me :)

tflags wrote:It is sort of a catch-22 situation isn't it? Moving Lahm at full back does bring the peace of mind Neuer is craving for, but it does leave the center of the park wide open. After all, Schweinsteiger cannot not be expected to cover both pivot's duties forever, not when he's not really fit to cover more than 70% of his own task.

So, would you rather have Lahm doing the rubbing-elbow thing vs Valvuena, or do you trust Khedira with that task?

Looks like we have our answer now. Honestly did not see Khedira AND Schweinsteiger both coming back to fitness and form, but I'm glad they did. I kind of miss Lahm's influence on the game, but Khedira is doing an amazing job taking the ball from deep and distributing the ball. I wonder too if the back line isn't more stable not only because Lahm is at right back, but also having Boateng and Hummels partner in defense. Lahm at right back aids the defense but helps the offense more. The center back partnership and balance is a crucial factor for me, as well as Schweinsteiger and Khedira doing well in midfield. Not taking anything away from Mertesacker, who has been doing an outstanding job at Arsenal with his partnership with Koscielny. It could be just the partnership here didn't complement.

You can kind of see it elsewhere where good (I use this term loosely) center defenders fell apart when their partner was gone. Look at how David Luiz fell to pieces when Thiago Silva was gone, and it's not like Dante is a bad defender. Javi Martinez will always belong in midfield for me, but I admit he thrived when he was no longer part of a four man defense and was instead the centerpiece of the three at the back defense flanked by wingbacks.

Either way, now we have found our balance, if this team can just hold this peak for one more game please.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby Dgro » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:31 am

Sweet, sweet victory our boys. I hope I'm not ruining the moment here but I want to point out how many quality players we have who did not get to participate in this tournament (or did so on a very limited basis) whom we might be able to call upon come Euro 2016... it's a beautiful thing

Mario Gomez
Marco Reus
Ilkay Gundogan
the Bender twins
Marcell Jansen
Holger Badstuber
Julian Draxler

and that's not to mention the plethora of potential breakout stars we have - Kruse, Volland, Sam, Hunt, etc.
AND the only true old man we had on our side this go around was Klose (god bless); the other elders (Schweini, Lahm, etc.) should have some juice left in the tank 2 years from now. The sort of starting XI Germany could put forward in two years with a little more link in the health/injuries department... I shudder to think

They're at the pinnacle, now, and they won't be going down without a fight! :D :D
Dgro
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby runaway » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:51 pm

Hopefully this will be just a start. I want to see Müller break Klose's WC record. :D

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby scaPEPgoat » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:07 am

Dgro wrote:Sweet, sweet victory our boys. I hope I'm not ruining the moment here but I want to point out how many quality players we have who did not get to participate in this tournament (or did so on a very limited basis) whom we might be able to call upon come Euro 2016... it's a beautiful thing

Mario Gomez
Marco Reus
Ilkay Gundogan
the Bender twins
Marcell Jansen
Holger Badstuber
Julian Draxler

and that's not to mention the plethora of potential breakout stars we have - Kruse, Volland, Sam, Hunt, etc.
AND the only true old man we had on our side this go around was Klose (god bless); the other elders (Schweini, Lahm, etc.) should have some juice left in the tank 2 years from now. The sort of starting XI Germany could put forward in two years with a little more link in the health/injuries department... I shudder to think

They're at the pinnacle, now, and they won't be going down without a fight! :D :D

I am not trying to diss your post and I like the idea of what you are saying but who is Hunt? If you mean Aaron then I can assure you he is not a potential breakout star to make the national team for Euros. If he does then I will buy your plane ticket to France to watch him play. If there is some other Hunt that I am not thinking of or that I have never heard of then sorry, I am an idiot. Otherwise, someone like Goretzka or Meyer would be more likely. Also, Sam will be 28 by Euros. Kind of late to be a breakout star in my opinion.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby scaPEPgoat » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:09 am

runaway wrote:Hopefully this will be just a start. I want to see Müller break Klose's WC record. :D

via Tapatalk

Enjoy the moment a little bit there, buddy lol
The team has hardly landed back in Germany from winning the WC and you already asking for more? You sound like my wife.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:42 am

Last edited by ramsej84 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Burko » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:54 am

=D>
All we need is number 10......and Chámes Rodríguéz
Burko
I post all the time

National Flag:
Slovakia

PreviousNext