You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German national team thread

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Re: General German national team thread

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:28 pm

Element wrote:Loew said about Gomez and Klose " Both are The Best Striker in Germany , after Both i do not see any alternative ,And it is a thought of me in the future that I play with both Miro and Mario, and to give them a chance to play Together in another system , Both are ready for that "

[-X [-X [-X [-X
This is something that a friend of mine mentioned a few days ago. While I do think that Klose and Gomez COULD work together, why mess with the 4-2-3-1?? It is, like, PERFECT!!!! for our current team.

Element wrote:However About Phillipp Lahm

"I am going to talk to Jupp Heynckes and in what position is planning to Play Lahm in , and and it is possible that I Adapt his Decision "

Lahm + Beck =P~
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Element » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:43 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote: why mess with the 4-2-3-1?? It is, like, PERFECT!!!! for our current team.

Dude , IT IS PERFECT

what does he want a 4-4-2 Classic ? then ozil will play as LM , he is great there , but NOT LEGENDARY like him as CAM

and podolski goes on the bench

Also a 4-4-2 Diamond : Podolski again on the bench , Ozil CAM , Schweinsteiger as LCM , Mueller RCM and Khedira as CDM

Problem : Germany's CM/CDM bench is not as strong as The Wingers Bench

Reus,Goetze , Marin,Schurrle and (podolski will join them ) IS WAY Better Than Rolfes , Traesh ,Bender and Kroos, Thats for Sure

Also Podolski will 100% be benched and Podolski with NT is Better than Gomez with NT

other than that, Players will need tiem to Get used to it because those players have been playing the 4-2-3-1 TOGETHER since 2008 .

Bayern players and Dortmund players play the 4-2-3-1 with Their Clubs

Also , Germanys play never counted on the strikers to score , and also the striker with Germany has to move a lot and involve in build up plays (look at klose with German NT)

Also ...With the 4-4-2 Classic , our play will come from wings , 4-4-2 Diamond , our game will be from the Center, which if it is not Accurately Played , then it will lead to a disaster (ask LvG in his first games here)

while in 4-2-3-1 , we can create from wings and Center (The OZIL MASTERMIND) depending on the opponent

Also WHY RUINING SOMETHING PERFECT ???? Any change in formation will be A REVOLUTION , but A REVOLUTION with A 75% chance of failure IMO , and even if it does not fail , IT WONT Be BETTER THAN the 4-2-3-1

Gomez took the place of Klose in Bayern , and if He Really is GREAT then he will take the place of Klose in the NT (not something easy , but A Great player must face great Obstacles)

ONLY THING I WANT is that Lahm Plays the same position in NT and Bayern , Whether RB or Lb (mostly LB) , but in both he must play the same position
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Lahm + Beck

Yes , Much better than that Guy Schmelzer
Element

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby dambun » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:12 pm

I don't really think he will go as far as changing the team's formation, just to keep this out-of-form Klose in the squad.....
He's probably trying to motivate Klose, or he means he will use Klose and Gomez periodically..... something like this.... anything else would be unacceptable...
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby quaazi » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:29 pm

Ugh, I cringe every time I see a modern football team consider the 4-4-2. These days, it's useless against possession football (usually 4-3-3) and counterattacking football (4-2-3-1). 4-4-2 is a leftover from the era when the strikers were divided to target men and poachers. A tall guy to bring long balls and crosses down, and a poacher to score goal next to him. Modern football has evolved so much beyond that. The two dominant schools of thought both work best with just one striker. Possession football needs more guys in the midfield - sometimes playing with a false nine. Counterattacking football needs a fast striker, as well as dedicated wingers. 4-4-2 is a relic these days.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby AvatarX » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:26 pm

I don't think that means a permanent change of formation.

What Loew said is that Klose and Gomez are the best German strikers, something I agree 100%. That can easily mean one of them is the main striker for the start of the match and change to a 4-2-2-2 at some point, depending to the match flow...

Personally I think he will continue to use one of them in the same system, he just said that so he wouldn't have to pick one of them in front of the media. The decision will be hard, as Klose is already a proven value for the NT (despite being out of form for FCB he always has played great in all official NT matches) and Gomez trying to establish himself.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:04 pm

I think Klose's form with Lazio will be a very important factor.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:10 pm

This is just my point of view:

1- I don't know if you guys agree, but I have the feeling that every friendly that we (Germany) play is totally useless. Löw always does weird things instead trying interesting tactics or trying new players. For example he likes to play with both Klose and Gomez on the field, playing Klose behind Mario. I don't get it. Germany have hundreds of talented midfielders that can fit very well in our team, but Löw prefers to play 2 tall players instead trying Götze or Holtby or any other midfielder.

Even in the World Cup I think that he replaced Özil with Cacau in some games #-o

And what about Lahm as CM last match? Why is he trying Lahm as CM if he is never going to play there? He could have tried Götze there (he played some games for Dortmund there) or Sebastian Rudy. I don't know why did he played Lahm there.

2- He changes a lot the players. He should make little changes like Schürrle/Götze in Podolski's place and so on because the main part of the team that will play in Euro 2012 is defined, but he prefers to change the whole team every match. I remember before the World Cup that Khedira and Schweini didn't almost have playing time together. What I mean is that we should play our starters every match and then try different things but changing one or two players, not the whole team.

3- If for some reason Löw is planning to change the 4-2-3-1 for another formation with Klose and Gomez then he should be fired immediately IMO

4- This is just my opinion but I think that Löw could have tried Podolski as striker in some friendlies.

A few weeks ago I read an article about how important Götze is going to be for Germany specially when playing against Spain and I totally agree.

BTW Spain now have won the Euro and the World Cup, so the motivation won't be the same and you guys probably don't know it, but Real Madrid and Barça Spanish players have zero chemistry after the Clasicos. Pique, Ramos, Casillas, Xavi, Valdes... their relationship is much more weaker than before the World Cup
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Spain

Postby tflags » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:18 am

YlonenXabi wrote:I don't know if you guys agree, but I have the feeling that every friendly that we (Germany) play is totally useless.

Actually I like to follow friendlies as much as the qualifiers. Low's shufflings are now mandatory, not just compulsory. He has to deal with a lot of injuries and low performances. His experiments ARE working...

For example he likes to play with both Klose and Gomez on the field, playing Klose behind Mario.
He is not the only one though. You might actually argue that he got the idea from Jonker who tried it first at crucial matches, not just friendlies. Jonker too was forced to play like that due to Muller replacing a red carded Robben.

instead trying Götze or Holtby or any other midfielder.
Gotze is brilliant, and I would agree with you that bringing him in at the last 20 minutes or so is unfair. His first caps at NT were a bit dismal though. His performances lately, however, are top notch. I don't know if the reason was Azerbaijan's defense being totally exhausted but his run from midfield thought the CB in the last game was awesome. Too bad Gomez missed that shot to Schurrle. It was all, IMO, Gotze's goal.

Even in the World Cup I think that he replaced Özil with Cacau in some games #-o
I agree Cacau is overrated but the problem is Ozil is hard to be replaced.

And what about Lahm as CM last match?
Extremely risky. Extremely controversial. End result? Brilliant. Do mind Lahm is being sort of the Muller of defensive half of the pitch. He is going left, right, front. But I would like him to go back, RB, if you ask me... This is just temporary. Don't mind it too much.

He changes a lot the players.
Well, this is what good tacticians do in friendlies, test, see, evaluate, give playing time.
He should make little changes like Schürrle/Götze in Podolski's place
Schurrle is eating up Podolski's spot almost as fast as Gomez is doing Klose's. Gotze is better at midfield IMO, not left flank.

This is just my opinion but I think that Löw could have tried Podolski as striker in some friendlies.
Why? You don't like Gomez's 1.5+ scoring per game record?

A few weeks ago I read an article about how important Götze is going to be for Germany specially when playing against Spain and I totally agree.
Totally agree with ya.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby eliasov » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:21 am

glad to find a thread about the german NT :D

i hope that loew plays this formation for euro 2012

-------------neuer
beck--frederich/hoewedes--hummels---lahm
------------khedira---bastian------------------
--muller-----------oezil-------------schurrle/reus
--------------------Gomez
the most important thing i won't see mertesacker or poldi in the starting XI ps: loew must use some rotation and try new players in the friendlies and the reaminig qualification matches
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:35 am

YlonenXabi wrote:A few weeks ago I read an article about how important Götze is going to be for Germany specially when playing against Spain and I totally agree.

Goetze is an incredibly talented player. It's a shame that he had to come at a time when we already have Ozil and Kroos. So many talents right now deserve a place in the NT but because of these two and their young age they might never become regulars. Goetze, Reus, Marin, Kroos...
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:17 am

Well Müller, Özil, Schweini and Lahm are the only untouchable players in the lineup right now (and Neuer might now be this after his brilliant season for Schalke). Lahm and Schweini because they are the two leaders who are keeping the whole thing together, Müller and Özil because they are still riding their fame from 2010. At least Özil is still performing like 2010, Müller looks incredibly tired (and still playing way better than any alternative for his position). Hope the vacation gives him time to be in world-class form again for the first half of 2012, where that form will be needed most.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby eliasov » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:27 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
YlonenXabi wrote:A few weeks ago I read an article about how important Götze is going to be for Germany specially when playing against Spain and I totally agree.

Goetze is an incredibly talented player. It's a shame that he had to come at a time when we already have Ozil and Kroos. So many talents right now deserve a place in the NT but because of these two and their young age they might never become regulars. Goetze, Reus, Marin, Kroos...

gotze is better than podolski muller and ozil untouchble so gotze-schurrle-reus and marin must fight to get poldi's place in the NT ....
ImageImage
eliasov
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:32 am

eliasov wrote:gotze is better than podolski muller and ozil

Good thing that Joachim Loew does not share your opinion :roll:
Goetze had a good season, but he hasn't been so impressive for the NT. He is comparable to Podolski (even though Poldi has way more experience) but he's nowhere close to Mueller or Oezil yet. He has the potential, but having potential is not the same thing as actually being there.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:48 am

MUTU wrote:
eliasov wrote:gotze is better than podolski muller and ozil

Good thing that Joachim Loew does not share your opinion :roll:
Goetze had a good season, but he hasn't been so impressive for the NT. He is comparable to Podolski (even though Poldi has way more experience) but he's nowhere close to Mueller or Oezil yet. He has the potential, but having potential is not the same thing as actually being there.

Agree. Although Goetze had an impressive season for Dortmund, he has been average to good until now for NT. IMHO he isn't better than Poldi - not even mention Oezil or Muller - judging from their NT performances only.

On the other hand I liked Schürrle more - at least from what I saw for the NT and IMO he will be the main candidate to replace Podolski in the future (or as a sub).
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby Conquistador » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:25 am

Podolski has to move to a bigger club. He cannot improve at Koeln and at his age he is supposed to be in his prime.
Conquistador
Yeah, now I'm talking!

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team