You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-02-06] France vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:00 pm

France will win
8%
It will end in a draw
23%
Germany will win
69%

Total votes : 13

Re: [2013-02-06] France vs Germany

Postby Borusse » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:11 pm

MUTU wrote:
quaazi wrote:What did Gomez even do, haven't seen him mentioned once?

He had a no-show. Didn't have any balls fed to him that he likes...

You mean tap-ins?
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:12 pm

:mrgreen:

I think Gomez had very poor positioning today. Özil tried to find him with some nice through passes but it was an off day for Mario
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:19 pm

Gundogan and Khedira were the best performers. I didn't understand the Gomez - Kroos sub! Was he used as a false nr9?!?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SilverX » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:08 am

So after watching the game a few things to mention from my point of view.

Howedes was horrible, I don't know what his native position is? Center D? He was horrendous going forward....

Gomez touched the ball 2x but not much expected from him since he has been out for very long...

Mertezacker, is just a no no....

Overall kind of a poor performance but still got the job done.

I also watched a bit of the England game and Dante did really good. I'm very happy for him, just too bad his team mates are dumb as rocks and caused themselves more problems then was needed.

Now back to the Buli, lets go Bayern, keep the wining streaks alive!!!!
SilverX
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MoFattal » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:43 am

Well, the only thing he did was make sure that Mandzukic will remain as our main striker for the season.

ramsej84 wrote:I didn't understand the Gomez - Kroos sub! Was he used as a false nr9?!?

He switched to 4-3-3 with Ozil as the "false 9". Personally, I though it was crap. Though, to be fair, it yielded a result.

SilverX wrote:Mertezacker, is just a no no....

As long as he starts for Arsenal, Ribery will be a happy man that night.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:47 am

SilverX wrote:I also watched a bit of the England game and Dante did really good.

I've only watched the first 15 minutes of the game, but from the various reviews I've read, he was considered Brazil's best performer. Now it's up for Gustavo to reach the NT and help glue together what is a selection of extremely gifted players but yet non-cohesive squad.
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby the12th » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:55 am

SilverX wrote:So after watching the game a few things to mention from my point of view. Howedes was horrible, I don't know what his native position is? Center D? He was horrendous going forward....

Benedikt played LB, i think for the first time in his life. He is a right footed CD, who is pretty great as RB and even DM, but i think lahm insisted on playing against ribsy, so that our winger wouldn't get injured before CL.
Fcuk Yeah
the12th
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:09 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:I think Gomez had very poor positioning today. Özil tried to find him with some nice through passes but it was an off day for Mario

Loew wrote:When Gomez was clear that he in terms of force after a lengthy injury lay-off and little play minutes at Bayern the fast pace can not hold more than 90 minutes. The match practice was good for him, because it is urgently for the future need.

I think this sums it up a bit nicely.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby The Spyware » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:21 pm

Borusse wrote:
MUTU wrote:

He had a no-show. Didn't have any balls fed to him that he likes...

You mean tap-ins?

:lol:
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Jorge » Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:47 pm

Good performance considering that Germany played 2 men down almost the whole match (Podolski and Gomez were not there) Khedira, Gundogan, Ozil and Muller put up great performances. Merta showed once again his true colors = he is not at Germany’s level while Hummels was a mix of outstanding individual plays with some serious hiccoughs. Contrary to many here I believe Howedes was not as bad considering he is not a LB although he was average. Lahm lost Ribery here and there but in general was good going forward.

Adler is still world class but his ball distribution is 2 miles behind Neuer.

I hope JLow understands once and for all that Podolski’s spot in the NT is deep on the bench or in a cozy flat in Holloway. It is clear that Reus and Schurrle are many times a better option for the left wing.

Germany has 3 problems looking at Brazil 2014:

1) Left Back: Unless Schmelzer keeps developing and becomes a much better player anything JLow could do is a patch, not a fix.
2) Center Backs: Germany is a world class team, potentially it can become no.1 in the world but it needs two solid CB’s and a reliable sub. Merta is short of that and I doubt he will develop any more. Hummels has the potential but needs a good partner. Badstuber has probably the best ball distribution and better sense of positioning but lacks speed, next to a Dante type of defender can do wonders but I have my questions when he is paired with Hummels or Merta. Almost the same applies to Boateng, he does not have those quick feet to clean any mess with a last second effort and many times delivers a late tackle.
3) Strikers: Klose because of his age is always a question mark, he seems to be the perfect striker for the type of football that Germany plays as he links up very well with Germany’s creative midfielders but he will be 35 and you never know what can happen in one more year. Gomez was taking his game to an extra dimension but still short of delivering for his teams in big games and now is struggling pretty bad to regain his form, while Manzu keeps his form Gomez has a mountain to climb.

Now who is behind these two? JLow refuses to reconsider Kießling and there is nobody else looking at a 1 ½ year progression. If I have to take a guess I can see JLow going in the direction of a fake 9 with Muller, Schurrle and Reus in front of Ozil switching spots from side to side.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby AdepT » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:02 pm

^ Low could always play Podolski upfront. He should try him there more often as he now has serious competition for the winger spot.

Also, JLow sounds odd. Please go with Low only. :|
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby AssemFCB » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:33 pm

AdepT wrote:Also, JLow sounds odd. Please go with Low only. :|

What are you talking about?
AssemFCB
I post all the time

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Jorge » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:35 pm

That's the way Germans call him and I find it amusing (it takes a lot to understand German humor). It is like FC Hollywood that is sarcastic but not offensive.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby MoFattal » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:08 pm

JLo is definitely the right way to call him. At least, that's what I call him ;)
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AdepT » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:28 pm

AssemFCB wrote:

What are you talking about?

Because of her only.Don't call Low JLow because my mind pictures JLo and then the dream starts with the original JLo. :oops:

Jorge wrote:That's the way Germans call him and I find it amusing (it takes a lot to understand German humor). It is like FC Hollywood that is sarcastic but not offensive.

Whoops! Never heard or read about it anywhere. :o :)
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
India

Previous

Return to German National Team