You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-11-10] England vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:00 pm

England will win
29%
It will end in a draw
29%
Germany will win
43%

Total votes : 7

[2017-11-10] England vs Germany

Postby MatchBot » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:10 pm

England vs Germany
England vs Germany
Competition: International Friendly
Venue: Wembley National Stadium, London

Previous encounters:
  • [2017-03-22] Germany 1 - 0 England (International Friendly)
  • [2016-03-26] Germany 2 - 3 England (International Friendly)
  • [2013-11-19] England 0 - 1 Germany (International Friendly)
MatchBot
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2017-11-10] England vs Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:17 pm

Interesting that England have called up their own Gomez whilst Germany haven't :x
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:33 pm

IMO, This is the strongest possible lineup in a 4231.

Rudy ahead of Khiedra and Gundogan because he has played more games recently and lately he and Kroos have done a decent job together in the midfield. Plus Kroos plays best when he has a defensive minded partner next to him.

With that being said I think Löw will play his best team against France and not the English, though he may want to throw his best lineup in front of a hostile Wembley to get them used to that kinda experience.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Manchu » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:26 am

America USA wrote:IMO, This is the strongest possible lineup in a 4231.

Rudy ahead of Khiedra and Gundogan because he has played more games recently and lately he and Kroos have done a decent job together in the midfield. Plus Kroos plays best when he has a defensive minded partner next to him.

With that being said I think Löw will play his best team against France and not the English, though he may want to throw his best lineup in front of a hostile Wembley to get them used to that kinda experience.

These are friendlies. He's likely to try something experimental in at least one match, if not both of them, and he's going to try to reintegrate Gotze.
For me, these are interesting potential lineups:

This is a version of the formation used against Azerbaijan with upgraded players(Trapp starts to give him more experience with the national team because Ter Stegen has plenty of it at this point, and ).

This is a version of the 4-2-3-1 that Germany usually uses with some new players.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:54 am

Next year this international break will be replaced by the UEFA Nations League.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby MUTU » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:02 am

FCB12Forever wrote:Next year this international break will be replaced by the UEFA Nations League.

And clubs will have less excuses to disallow players from playing for their national team.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:38 am

The clubs union (forgot it's-original name)
Should stand up and stop this madness...

I am sure that Agnelli , Kalle's successor is against this shit as well.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby bmguy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:02 am

I reckon Wagner will start the game as in midfield we can dominate England, so no need much of the speed of Werner. The role will be on the different way vs French.

-------------Wagner

---------Draxler-------Ozil

--Plattendhart---Kroos---Rudy----Brandt

-----Hummels----Boateng------Kimmich

Vs French:

----------------Werner

----Sane----Draxler-----Brandt

--------Gundogan---KHeidira

--Halstenberg---Rudiger-----Sule---Kimmich

Draxler seems to have developed well this season, so does Wagner, Werner, Sane. In general, most of the players are in good form except a few like Ozil
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Manchu » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:19 am

bmguy wrote:I reckon Wagner will start the game as in midfield we can dominate England, so no need much of the speed of Werner. The role will be on the different way vs French.

-------------Wagner

---------Draxler-------Ozil

--Plattendhart---Kroos---Rudy----Brandt

-----Hummels----Boateng------Kimmich

I would say that Gotze makes a lot more sense as a starter in this formation than Draxler because Gotze is much better as a passer. Brandt was very good as a wingback against Azerbaijan once he grew into the role, so starting him there makes sense, but I think a symmetrical formation with Sane as the other wingback might make more sense than starting Plattendhart.

Vs French:

----------------Werner

----Sane----Draxler-----Brandt

--------Gundogan---KHeidira

--Halstenberg---Rudiger-----Sule---Kimmich

Draxler seems to have developed well this season, so does Wagner, Werner, Sane. In general, most of the players are in good form except a few like Ozil

If you're going to try this formation with these players, then Brandt makes more sense as the 10, Rudy makes more sense as Gundogan's partner, and Ginter is a better choose as a starter than Rudiger, not to mention that Gotze is probably going to start both games.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bmguy » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:09 pm

Manchu wrote:If you're going to try this formation with these players, then Brandt makes more sense as the 10, Rudy makes more sense as Gundogan's partner, and Ginter is a better choose as a starter than Rudiger, not to mention that Gotze is probably going to start both games.

you seems not to like Draxler, I'm not his fan as well, but he's developed well this season. His passing rate for PSG is 92.9 % according to https://www.whoscored.com/Players/96449 ... an-Draxler

whereas Gotze has done almost nothing this season. https://www.whoscored.com/Players/80382 ... G%C3%B6tze

He might get dropped at the end if Dortmund and himself do not stand up the show :roll: (not sure my english is correct here :D)

You have to give Kheidira playing time, and normally he works well with a good passer like Kroos, Gundogan, Rudy... Rudy is already tested in England match and Confed cup, Loew will take time to test out some new solutions in midfield as you never know before you ever try.

Regarding the England formation, replacing Plattendhart for Sane would be suicide because that formation is actually a variety of 4-3-3 that you should have 2 fullbacks at the back for defense. England are a strong team, so it's risky to play a real 3-4-3 here when Kimmich is not even a CB, he must be allowed to run forward and he cannot do that if you use Sane.
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby America USA » Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Deschamps is a master at bus parking. Recently did that away at Bulgaria after a 1-0 lead, did that against Spain in the friendly earlier this year and did that against Germany in the semi final last year. As soon as his French team comes across an equal opponent or one who wants to take the game to him, he parks the bus.

So I believe Löw should try to play with a back three against France, be defensively compact, draw them out and then try to score on the counter.

Therefore I’d go with a 4231 in this game. The seniors should play against France.

Against France
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby bmguy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:57 am

I think Ginter role in the team is to replace for Kimmich as RB or hybrid CB. You see there's no RB alternatives in the team whereas Loew has tested Plattenhardt and now Halstenberg for LB.

Ginter can replace Kimmich in the "fake" 3-4-3 as well. I call it a fake 3-4-3 because Loew put on 2 fullbacks in this formation so that they can easily switch back to 4-2-3-1 or something with 4 defenders. You'll never see a 3-4-3 formation like America USA made for French.

For the real CBs, we already have 4 guys for the job.
bmguy
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby America USA » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:49 pm

In the Confederation Cup we did see three proper CBs playing (all at once) in a couple of games. The combination usually was Rudiger-Mustafi-Ginter or Rudiger-Suele-Ginter. Kimmich and Hector were used as proper wingbacks.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:00 pm

Poppy armbands will be worn by both teams [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Jorge » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:50 pm

Match Facts & Stats

- England have not beaten Germany on home turf since March 12, 1975
- Both England and Germany made it through their WC qualifying games unbeaten
- The Three Lions posted a record of W8 D2...
- ...however, die Mannschaft completed their qualifying round with a 100 per cent winning record
- Germany are only the second side to achieve this after Spain did so en route to winning the 2010 World Cup
- Germany's last trip to London saw them beat England 1-0 at the old Wembley Stadium
- The last meeting between England and Germany ended as a 1-0 win for die Mannschaft at Signal Iduna Park

Team news

Here are the squads for the upcoming friendly:

England: Joe Hart, Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford, Ryan Bertrand, Danny Rose, Gary Cahill, Phil Jones, Michael Keane, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Joe Gomez, Kyle Walker, Kieran Trippier, Ashley Young, Eric Dier, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Jesse Lingard, Jake Livermore, Marcus Rashford, Tammy Abraham, Jamie Vardy

A look at England's squad will reveal the absence of some key players for the Three Lions. The hosts will be missing Tottenham ace Harry Kane, as well as rising star Dele Alli. Fellow Spurs player Harry Winks is another who has withdrawn from the squad. Meanwhile, Liverpool's Jordan Henderson has also left the team's camp along with Manchester City duo Raheem Sterling and Fabian Delph.

However, Gareth Southgate has decided to give senior call-ups to a crop of youngsters, including Joe Gomez, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, and Tammy Abraham.

Germany: Bernd Leno, Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Kevin Trapp, Matthias Ginter, Marcel Halstenberg, Mats Hummels, Joshua Kimmich, Marvin Plattenhardt, Antonio Rudiger, Niklas Sule, Julian Brandt, Emre Can, Julian Draxler, Mario Gotze, Ilkay Gundogan, Sami Khedira, Toni Kroos, Mesut Ozil, Sebastian Rudy, Leroy Sane, Lars Stindl, Sandro Wagner, Timo Werner

Meanwhile Germany are missing veterans Thomas Muller, Jerome Boateng and Manuel Neuer, as well as other options like Leon Goretzka and Arsenal's Shkodran Mustafi. In addition, both Toni Kroos and Kevin Trapp, are major doubts for this fixture due to illness, and it's highly unlikely that either will feature, let alone travel with the squad.

Nonetheless, Joachim Low's side are nonetheless the heavy favorites to come out on top in this fixture. For starters, England haven't beaten Germany on home turf since 1975.

The last time the two sides met in London back in 2000, die Mannschaft triumphed 1-0 thanks to a goal from Dietmar Hamann at the old Wembley stadium, and ironically perhaps, current England manager Southgate was on the pitch. That being said, England did beat Germany 3-2 in a March 2016 friendly. However, their recent meeting saw die Mannschaft get revenge by defeating them 1-0 at Signal Iduna Park in Southgate's first ever match in charge of the Three Lions this past March.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Next

Return to German National Team