You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-08-22] England vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

Match outcome?

Germany wins
60%
Draw
20%
England wins
20%

Total votes : 10

[2007-08-22] England vs Germany

Postby podolski4life » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:57 pm

This is the first game for Germany in the new Wembley stadium, so it should be something special in addition to being a tune-up for next month's Euro qualifiers. Some of the regulars (Ballack, Gomez, Frings, Borowski, and Podolski) are still injured, so Low called up midfielder Sami Khedira and defender Serdar Tasci, both from Stuttgart.

Here's the squad:

Goalkeepers: Timo Hildebrand, Jens Lehmann

Defenders: Arne Friedrich, Clemens Fritz, Marcell Jansen, Philipp Lahm, Per Mertesacker, Christoph Metzelder, Serdar Tasci

Midfielders: Roberto Hilbert, Thomas Hitzlsperger, Sami Khedira, Simon Rolfes, Bernd Schneider, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Piotr Trochowski

Forwards: Patrick Helmes, Stefan Kiessling, Miroslav Klose, Kevin Kuranyi

Hey Mirage, are going to watch this match?
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby walter » Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:27 am

I am curious about midfield in this game. Obviously we have to start thinking about permanent replacements for Ballack, Schneider and Frings, who are all over 30. I like Khedira and I think he has a great future, but i yet don´t see any potential world class players, specially in CM, to subsitute them.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FC Bajern » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:53 pm

Klose and Schweini to miss Wembley trip

Germany coach Joachim Loew will be without most of his first choice team for Wednesday’s friendly against England at Wembley after Miroslav Klose and Bastian Schweinsteiger became the latest casualties on Sunday.

Klose, the top scorer at the 2006 World Cup, had to be substituted at halftime in Bayern Munich’s 4-0 win over Werder Bremen on Saturday after taking a heavy blow to his knee early in the game.

“He has a lot of pain,” Bayern coach Ottmar Hitzfeld told reporters.

Bayern team-mate Schweinsteiger complained of a back problem after the match and the club announced on Sunday that neither player would be joining up with the squad.
hopefully they recover before the next bundesliga game.
FC Bajern

Postby Mirage » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:48 pm

Yeah I am going to watch this match. Gary Lineker and the crew will be covering it on TV, should be interesting. I voted for a draw but I think England might sneak a sloppy win, from a really lucky goal.

I hate the Germany/England rivalry to be quite honest. I really hate it so much.

Odonkor has been called up. Thought he was injured??
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby soccerkyle » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:14 pm

Any one in north america know where this game will be on?
soccerkyle
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:09 am

I think England will win it..and voted for the same..;)
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:35 am

soccerkyle wrote:Any one in north america know where this game will be on?

I'm sure it will be on myp2p.eu but don't know if they going to show it on tv
FC Bajern

Postby tracylynn » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:23 pm

The game will be on FSC (Fox Soccer Channel) 5 pm eastern.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:36 pm

tracylynn wrote:

The game will be on FSC (Fox Soccer Channel) 5 pm eastern.

you mean "delayed"..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby Mirage » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:03 pm

Not long now. I'm quite excited. Two of my favourite teams playing each other!
At Wembley, they've put bags on the seats that read "Danke fur 2006." Nice gesture, I was pretty surprised at that.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:20 pm

what formation is Germany playing with?

I checked Eurosport and it shows Lahm playing as a sweeper...:P
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:23 pm

Fat Frank (oops) scores..
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:40 pm

Kuranyi scores!!!..It's now level between England and Deutschland :D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Postby FC Bajern » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:48 pm

1-2 Germany is winning 43 minute. Pander scored, who the hell is that?
FC Bajern

Postby fanOfBayern » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:51 pm

YAHOOO!!!!!!!!! 2-1 for Deutschland

Pander is a good player...plays for Schalke..
If the scoreline stays like this, I can see McLaren getting fired within a week...lol
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Next

Return to German National Team