You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2013-11-19] England vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:00 pm

England will win
20%
It will end in a draw
20%
Germany will win
60%

Total votes : 5

Re: [2013-11-19] England vs Germany

Postby Firefox1234 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:55 pm

It was a dull 2nd half for the most part wit a couple flashed here and there imo....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tedesco » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:57 pm

Poor match. Good game from Hart.
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Tedesco » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:00 pm

Borusse wrote:Hummels injured.

F*cking great.

Weidenfeller said that Schmelzer also left early because he felt something. :|
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:02 pm

At least Germany's B team won. =D>
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Borusse » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:05 pm

We have two most important games this season ahead of us... Now I dont feel like we're gonna win either one.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby DerKaiser » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:06 pm

changing my prediction to 0-3 for bayern now next saturday
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:22 am

Not as bad as i was expecting when hart doesnt run off his line like a lunatic hes a good keeper we just lacked cutting edge glad lallana is getting his chance think he could surprise a few teams in brazil
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby runaway » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:28 am

CaptainLahm21 wrote:Not as bad as i was expecting when hart doesnt run off his line like a lunatic hes a good keeper we just lacked cutting edge glad lallana is getting his chance think he could surprise a few teams in brazil

He almost got another fail there. Colliding with his own teammate for the ball.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby CaptainLahm21 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:42 am

yeah when he ran off his line if he stopped doing that most his mistakes are gone he made several good reaction saves tonight
KIMMICH! 
CaptainLahm21
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
England

Postby MoFattal » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:27 am

I didn't watch the game, but it seems Gotze had a great one judging by the highlights.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby AllensRoten » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:24 am

MoFattal wrote:I didn't watch the game, but it seems Gotze had a great one judging by the highlights.

He had an average performance. It felt like he lost possession often. Kroos had a better performance building the play, got the assist, and even helped the defense more. The way he controlled the midfield reminded me of Schweinsteiger. I think he's finally living up to the role =D>
AllensRoten
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Badger » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:10 am

I rather enjoyed the England v Germany game last night.

England had a few promising players like Lallana, Jagielka and Townsend, the whole team worked hard and they proved to be a worthwhile test for Germany, but they were very ineffective in the last third of the pitch, and the game overall (after the first 20 minutes) looked like a mismatch of 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 in midfield.

Germany were not very exciting to watch, but the so-called B-team seemed to gel better and take more control as the game progressed, and they looked fairly comfortable in containing a fired-up England.

The highlights for me were some of the individual performances.
- On ITV in the UK, Kroos was named man-of-the-match, and I think he deserved it. He has really matured at all levels, and he was the “distribution engine” for the Germany team all night. I think that, barring injury, he is now certain of both a place in the squad for Brazil and some playing time there.
- Jansen has always impressed me and has been superb in the last few internationals when he has played. Last night he put in some great tackles, closed wing play down very effectively and combined well going forward. I reckon him to be a serious contender with Schmelzer for the left-back position.
- Goetze had some nice touches and subtle close play, and he really seems to be a player to use against tight defences. I thought that he was among the best last night.
- I was very sorry to hear about Hummels’ injury. His Italy game and his contribution in the box last night, for the few minutes he played, were like the Hummels we knew last season. I hope he recovers soon.
- Mertesacker has become a top defender, and wasn’t at all exposed by the pacey England attackers. He seems to have justified Loew’s faith in him, and I’m beginning to have less concern about his role in the team.
- Others like Westerman, Reus, Kruse and the Benders were OK, but didn’t really shine last night.

I hope the Boateng and Robben injuries are insignificant, and that we have a strong team available for Saturday evening’s game against Dortmund.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby runaway » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:38 am

Saw this tweet:
Can't see tweet? Click here!
This guy is also writing in Bleacher Report. I'm not sure if Low has any history of doing that, but from his substitutions last night, both Boateng and Schmelzer were taken off on 46th minutes for Hummels and Jansen. Should he not have played Bayern and BvB players instead? But that's too experimental :lol:
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ballackfcb » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:27 pm

Badger wrote:I rather enjoyed the England v Germany game last night.

England had a few promising players like Lallana, Jagielka and Townsend, the whole team worked hard and they proved to be a worthwhile test for Germany, but they were very ineffective in the last third of the pitch, and the game overall (after the first 20 minutes) looked like a mismatch of 4-4-2 and 4-2-3-1 in midfield.

Germany were not very exciting to watch, but the so-called B-team seemed to gel better and take more control as the game progressed, and they looked fairly comfortable in containing a fired-up England.

The highlights for me were some of the individual performances.
- On ITV in the UK, Kroos was named man-of-the-match, and I think he deserved it. He has really matured at all levels, and he was the “distribution engine” for the Germany team all night. I think that, barring injury, he is now certain of both a place in the squad for Brazil and some playing time there.
- Jansen has always impressed me and has been superb in the last few internationals when he has played. Last night he put in some great tackles, closed wing play down very effectively and combined well going forward. I reckon him to be a serious contender with Schmelzer for the left-back position.
- Goetze had some nice touches and subtle close play, and he really seems to be a player to use against tight defences. I thought that he was among the best last night.
- I was very sorry to hear about Hummels’ injury. His Italy game and his contribution in the box last night, for the few minutes he played, were like the Hummels we knew last season. I hope he recovers soon.
- Mertesacker has become a top defender, and wasn’t at all exposed by the pacey England attackers. He seems to have justified Loew’s faith in him, and I’m beginning to have less concern about his role in the team.
- Others like Westerman, Reus, Kruse and the Benders were OK, but didn’t really shine last night.

I hope the Boateng and Robben injuries are insignificant, and that we have a strong team available for Saturday evening’s game against Dortmund.

Did you enjoy Ballack's analysis of the game :?:
ballackfcb
2013/14 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby Badger » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:36 pm

^^ I like Ballack. For several years I played football on Monday nights wearing a Germany shirt with "Ballack" on the back, so that probably says something about my respect for him. But I didn't think much of his analysis last night. He seemed to be trying too hard to be diplomatic, and his analysis lost a lot of its meaning as a result.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team