You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-06-27] England U21 vs Germany U21

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:00 pm

England U21 will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Germany U21 will win
No votes

Total votes : 0

Re: [2017-06-27] England U21 vs Germany U21

Postby PunkCapitalist » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:17 am

Well, this isn't Germany's best u21 by any measure. Spain's is, I believe. I mean, this would be pretty exciting;

Werner
Brandt-Meyer-Sané
Weigl-Kimmich
Heinrichs-Süle-Tah-Klostermann
X

(Or is it Klostermann at LB and Heinrichs at RB?)

Maybe Dahoud for Kimmich, and Kimmich at RB.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: [2017-06-27] England U21 vs Germany U21

Postby Jorge » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:53 am

Lukas wrote: I don't understand the tendancy to talk down Spanish teams whether it's the U21s, the national team or their club teams (jealousy and bitterness perhaps. i don't like them myself but you can't deny they're quality). Their record since 2008 speaks for itself.

Being half Spaniard myself I can tell you it is not bitterness or jealousy, it has to do a lot with underachievement throughout history, a kind if similar to England. You are right that the 2008-12 generation changed Spain as a football nation for good but before that even when Spain always had great players it only managed a single international title, the EURO final in 1964, which at the time was a 4 team tournament and was hosted by Spain. That's too little to show. (I leave the 92 Olympics title out since in my opinion it does not mean anything)
My grandpa used to say that Spain is well represented by its flag since Spaniards can accomplish the most incredible endeavor only to screw it up at the end. So you have two shots of blood (the red bands) and a thick shot of yellow down the middle. No need to tell what it means.

I am convinced that a full U21 German side on paper is at the same level of this U21 Spanish side, but since quite a few are in the Conf. Cup's squad I will give Spain the edge this time but they need to win it on the field.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Previous

Return to German National Team