You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2007-03-24] Czech Republic vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

The result of the Czech Republic and Germany game will be....

A) Germany will win
50%
B) It will end in a draw
17%
C) Czech Republic will win
33%

Total votes : 6

[2007-03-24] Czech Republic vs Germany

Postby tracylynn » Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:06 am

The Euro qualifiers will be starting back up in about a week's time and this is one of the biggest matches, if not the biggest match, this time around. This should really be an interesting game and I think we will be able to see if Germany is "for real." Will they defeat the Czech Republic? Will they lose? If so, will they lose by a small margin or a huge margin? Will it end in a draw?

It should be noted that Klose will not be in this game due to having too many yellow cards and Gomez is out with a knee injury. That leaves Kuranyi and Podolski as the starters, (I don't think Loew is not going to start Podolski) but will this have a big effect on the game? Can these two men put it together and form a dynamic duo for this match? I guess we'll see next weekend.

For any followers of the German NT, what are your thoughts on this game?

BTW...German leads the group on goal differential (thanks San Marino!). Also, this game will be shown live on Setanta Sports in the US.
Raider (1996-2007) - A very lovable cat that I will miss dearly.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby fanOfBayern » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:23 pm

Czechs will get beaten pretty badly...
Germany are No 1. :D
fanOfBayern
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FC Bajern » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:44 pm

I think Germany will lose big time
FC Bajern

Postby MUTU » Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:00 pm

My prediction:

Czech Republic 0-2 Germany

A sound victory for the Germans.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby diegis » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:49 pm

FC Bajern wrote:I think Germany will lose big time

yep:)
Czech will win 2-0
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby podolski4life » Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:14 am

I feel real bad for Gomez. A knee injury AND he broke his hand. JRich injuries are not fun.
-------------
Mario Gomez of Stuttgart, the leading scorer in the Bundesliga, broke his hand in a gesture of frustration when he hurt his knee injury, ruling him out for six weeks.

Gomez struck the medic's medicine box with his hand while being treated on the field during Saturday's 0-0 draw with Wolfsburg.

He damaged ligaments in his left knee and is now also wearing a cast on his hand, the club said Thursday.
"Tactics? What tactics?" - Mark van Bommel to Felix Magath after being accused of lack of effort and tactical discipline.
podolski4life
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Mirage » Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:23 pm

I really feel I can't make any kind of prediction for this match. Germany played pretty rubbish in their last match, and Czech are their biggest rivals in this group... I put draw because I'm so torn :P
I'm most looking forward to seeing what Kuranyi and Podolski are like up front together.
Mirage
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby SNAKE » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:13 pm

Squad confirmed

Germany squad: Robert Enke (Hanover 96), Timo Hildebrand (Stuttgart), Jens Lamemann (Arsenal); Gonzalo Castro (Bayer Leverkusen), Manuel Friedrich (Mainz), Marcell Jansen (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich), Per Mertesacker (Werder Bremen), Christoph Metzelder (Borussia Dortmund / UNReal Madrid); Michael Bollocks (Chelsea), Torsten Frings (Werder Bremen), Roberto Hilbert (Stuttgart), Thomas Hitzlsperger (Stuttgart), Bernd Schneider (Bayer Leverkusen), Bastian Schweinsteiger (Bayern Munich), Piotr Trochowski (Hamburg); Stefan Kiessling (Bayer Leverkusen), Kevin Kuranyi (Schalke 04), Lukas Podolski (Bayern Munich), Jan Schlaudraff (Alemannia Aachen).

Additionally, the following four players will join the squad for the friendly international against Denmark on March 28th: Clemens Fritz (Werder Bremen), Alexander Madlung (Wolfsburg), Christian Schulz (Werder Bremen), Paul Freier (Bayer Leverkusen).

SNAKE
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paddy » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:15 pm

Jens Lamemann :lol:
Save the Earth. It´s the only planet with beer.

Paddy
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SNAKE » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:17 pm

:D :wink: :D :wink:
SNAKE
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tracylynn » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:35 pm

I thought Clemens Fritz had two yellow cards just like Klose? If he did then he should not be with the team. Perhaps it's an error?
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby diegis » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:43 pm

tracylynn wrote:I thought Clemens Fritz had two yellow cards just like Klose? If he did then he should not be with the team. Perhaps it's an error?

is not an error
he is suspended for the Czech match but he can play in the friendly vs Denmark :wink:
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby tracylynn » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:52 pm

supr4king wrote:
tracylynn wrote:I thought Clemens Fritz had two yellow cards just like Klose? If he did then he should not be with the team. Perhaps it's an error?

is not an error
he is suspended for the Czech match but he can play in the friendly vs Denmark :wink:

If he's suspended for the Czech match then he should not be on the list.

When's the friendly? If the friendly is before the Czech Republic match then I can understand why he's on the list. If not, then he should not be on the list.
tracylynn
I post all the time

Postby diegis » Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:02 pm

tracylynn wrote:If he's suspended for the Czech match then he should not be on the list.

When's the friendly? If the friendly is before the Czech Republic match then I can understand why he's on the list. If not, then he should not be on the list.

here is the answer:
SNAKE wrote:Additionally, the following four players will join the squad for the friendly international against Denmark on March 28th: Clemens Fritz (Werder Bremen), Alexander Madlung (Wolfsburg), Christian Schulz (Werder Bremen), Paul Freier (Bayer Leverkusen).

SNAKE
diegis
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby tracylynn » Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:33 am

supr4king wrote:
tracylynn wrote:If he's suspended for the Czech match then he should not be on the list.

here is the answer:
SNAKE wrote:Additionally, the following four players will join the squad for the friendly international against Denmark on March 28th: Clemens Fritz (Werder Bremen), Alexander Madlung (Wolfsburg), Christian Schulz (Werder Bremen), Paul Freier (Bayer Leverkusen).

SNAKE

Thanks! I must be having a serious blond moment today to overlook the date in the post. I think I need to color my hair now. :D
tracylynn
I post all the time

Next

Return to German National Team