You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2017-09-01] Czech Republic vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:45 pm

Czech Republic will win
17%
It will end in a draw
No votes
Germany will win
83%

Total votes : 6

Re: [2017-09-01] Czech Republic vs Germany

Postby Lukas » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:32 pm

Whatever it is it isn't working that well
Lukas
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby Lukas » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:22 pm

1-1. Great goal but Germany only have themselves to blame. They've been well below their usual standards.
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby Lukas » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:30 pm

MATSSSSS!!!!!!!!
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby pyrasur » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:07 pm

Kroos making up for his weak defense on their equalizer with the nice assist there
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby pyrasur » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:04 am

German players snub fans after 'terrible' chants during #CZEGER.

p.dw.com/p/2jF9g
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:52 am

I didn't get to catch the match, what was being said? I saw Hummels said something about insults to Timo Werner and some sort of Nazi chants :(
aterford
I post all the time

Postby Manchu » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:36 am

My 2 cents on today's match:
1. Mario Gomez has to start over Timo Werner against teams that are going to park the bus. Without Mario Gomez in the box, we don't have a good target to cross to. Additionally, Gomez, through his greater off the ball intelligence, is superior in moments of transition, and his first touch is much better. Werner is still young and improving.

2. Against teams like that, Kimmich has to play as fullback. His crossing is an important weapon to break down that kind of team, and we lose it if he's off playing center back.

3. Stindl is simply not good enough to play for the NT. He didn't create anything, he screwed up the chances that the rest of the team gifted him, he lost the ball frequently due to poor passing, and he added very little to the midfield.

4. Although Kroos is really good, he needs another center mid to play with. In the game today, Ozil had to drop back extremely far to help him with buildup play, which created a disconnect between our midfield and our attack.

5. The tactics today were simply quite poor. I don't know what Low was thinking at all. A 4-2-3-1 has worked extremely well in the past and there's no reason to mess with it. Alternatively, we can also play a 5-2-2-1/3-4-2-1, but the formation used today was uncalled for.

6. Brandt has to play as a dedicated attacker, preferably on the left. He was played as a wing-back for reasons I don't understand today, and, although he had a couple good moments where he managed to connect with Muller or Ozil, he spent the vast majority of the game isolated on the right "providing width" and hardly ever getting involved in the passing game that he excels at. I don't understand why playing Brandt on the left is so hard for Low. We already didn't create anything this game whatsoever down the left flank.

7. It honestly seemed like this Low demanded that his (extremely intelligent) players follow the "system" too much today, even though they're at the level where a system mostly hinders rather than helps them. That's particularly evident in Brandt's case.

8. Although Ozil gets a lot of (arguably undeserved) criticism for his workrate, he actually worked very hard offensively and defensively today, and always seems to do so for the NT.

9. The only real creativity we had today was either from Ozil finding Werner or from Muller operating in the right-half space. This is somewhat worrying. Occasionally Brandt got involved through distributing the ball forward to Ozil or Muller.
Last edited by Manchu on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby FCB12Forever » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:53 am

I think the goal is to integrate the Confed cup winners with the veterans, but Loew did it in the most awkward way and failed.

No worries, Loew himself said he is not fielding the same formation vs. Norway. In Stuttgart, Timo Werner's hometown I hope he is finally getting some support.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Manchu » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:45 am

FCB12Forever wrote:I think the goal is to integrate the Confed cup winners with the veterans, but Loew did it in the most awkward way and failed.

No worries, Loew himself said he is not fielding the same formation vs. Norway. In Stuttgart, Timo Werner's hometown I hope he is finally getting some support.

Ideally, he would have played:
, possibly replacing Gomez with Werner and Ginter with Rudiger or Sule. That would combine veterans and young talent together in a formation where everyone had clearly defined roles that they could play well, rather than forcing players into positions that they really didn't fit(Kimmich into CB, Brandt into wing-back, Stindl into whatever the hell he was supposed to be playing, Ozil into box to box mid, and Hector into a version of wing-back where he had to cover the entire left side of the field with no support). We'll see what he tries against Norway, which is almost certainly going to be an easier game anyways.
Manchu
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby aterford » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:52 am

I just wanna add - can you even imagine how much hype Werner would be getting if he was another nationality?
If he were English their press would be talking like he's was Alan Shearer, Michael Owen, and Sir Bobby Charlton rolled into one player. If he were Spanish, Real Madrid would buy him for €60m and give him a €500m release clause. I really wouldn't mind at all seeing him take over when Lewy is gone.
aterford
I post all the time

Postby RedQueen » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:01 am

aterford wrote:I just wanna add - can you even imagine how much hype Werner would be getting if he was another nationality?
If he were English their press would be talking like he's was Alan Shearer, Michael Owen, and Sir Bobby Charlton rolled into one player. If he were Spanish, Real Madrid would buy him for €60m and give him a €500m release clause. I really wouldn't mind at all seeing him take over when Lewy is gone.

I'm positive he wouldn't be sold for 60m no matter his nationality.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:16 am

aterford wrote:I didn't get to catch the match, what was being said? I saw Hummels said something about insults to Timo Werner and some sort of Nazi chants :(
Who was insulting Werner?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby aterford » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:19 am

RedQueen wrote:
aterford wrote:I just wanna add - can you even imagine how much hype Werner would be getting if he was another nationality?

I'm positive he wouldn't be sold for 60m no matter his nationality.

Sorry, what I also meant was another nationality+another league.

In a world where MCFC is paying 50m for Kyle Walker, 60m for Mendy, 55m for Stones, etc...I'm sure they'd be willing to pay 60m for a 20-y.o. scoring 20 goals per season
aterford
I post all the time

Postby Lukas » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:34 am

pyrasur wrote:German players snub fans after 'terrible' chants during #CZEGER.

p.dw.com/p/2jF9g

Well Prague is not far from Dresden. There is a direct train service too so easy to get to from the east...
Lukas
I post all the time

National Flag:
England

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:53 am

Lukas wrote:
pyrasur wrote:German players snub fans after 'terrible' chants during #CZEGER.

p.dw.com/p/2jF9g

Well Prague is not far from Dresden. There is a direct train service too so easy to get to from the east...

someone explains to me what happened pls?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team