You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-07-08] Brazil vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:00 pm

Brazil will win inside 90 minutes
5%
Brazil will win after extra time
No votes
Brazil will win on penalties
No votes
Germany will win on penalties
No votes
Germany will win after extra time
10%
Germany will win inside 90 minutes
85%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2014-07-08] Brazil vs Germany

Postby FCB general » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:19 am

Even 50 milion descendants in USA have to get what they deserve after Deutschland victory.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby tflags » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:33 am

tflags wrote:That steal & score goal by Kross was scored from the tactical board. Him and Khedira were being used higher up the pitch in turns to disrupt the start of play Brazil has been using since the Confed Cup. Give Löw some credit please.

Somebody over at ESPN noticed the same:

Marcotti wrote:When he saw Scolari's lineup, he shifted Sami Khedira from his role alongside Bastian Schweinsteiger in front of the back four to one further forward next to Kroos. 4-2-3-1 became 4-1-4-1 or, if you like your lingo, from triangle up to triangle down.
Kroos-Khedira became a two-man gang of outlaws plundering the Brazilian passing lanes and scything their way past the feeble yellow barriers.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:54 pm

Why is no one thanking Pep? I thought he was the one coaching Germany? :lol:

Funny story, I watched the game with a friend who supports Brazil and before the game we played a game of FIFA 14. He played with Germany and I played with Brazil. I lost 7-1. :oops: :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB 4 EVA » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:04 pm

so, the morning after the night before, its still TOTALLY AWESOME!!! MOTM for me was Khedeira, he was immense, there seems to be a real sense of determination and focus about this team, they seem to be on a mission. So much has been said, at least in England, about Germany playing with 4 central defenders at times, but I cant think of too many times where they've looked rattled for too long, Howedes has been amazing the past two games! would love him alongside Badstuber at Bayern.
FCB 4 EVA
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
England

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:15 pm

FCB 4 EVA wrote:so, the morning after the night before, its still TOTALLY AWESOME!!! MOTM for me was Khedeira, he was immense, there seems to be a real sense of determination and focus about this team, they seem to be on a mission. So much has been said, at least in England, about Germany playing with 4 central defenders at times, but I cant think of too many times where they've looked rattled for too long, Howedes has been amazing the past two games! would love him alongside Badstuber at Bayern.

Yes, to be honest this is Germany's best tournament in a very long time, even if they lose on Sunday. We've criticized a lot but the fact is that they've only conceded 4 goals (and only 3 teams scored against them), and they have scored in every game.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Badger » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:25 pm

tflags wrote:
tflags wrote:That steal & score goal by Kross was scored from the tactical board. Him and Khedira were being used higher up the pitch in turns to disrupt the start of play Brazil has been using since the Confed Cup. Give Löw some credit please.

Somebody over at ESPN noticed the same:

Marcotti wrote:When he saw Scolari's lineup, he shifted Sami Khedira from his role alongside Bastian Schweinsteiger in front of the back four to one further forward next to Kroos. 4-2-3-1 became 4-1-4-1 or, if you like your lingo, from triangle up to triangle down.
Kroos-Khedira became a two-man gang of outlaws plundering the Brazilian passing lanes and scything their way past the feeble yellow barriers.

Some very valid points there. Yes, I think that Loew deserves a lot of credit. Similarly, I'd like to acknowledge Hoewedes and Khedira, who have improved a lot as the tournament has progressed.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland

Postby tflags » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm

Moment of the match was, seriously, the soon to be missed, Brazil WC themed match update legend showing the scoreline and having to scroll the names of the scorers because they didn't fit; the first half wasn't even over yet.

Then they showed the Brazilian fans crying and I thought to myself, God that must be horrible for them; all that money spent to bring on the biggest shame to the iconic source of national pride; their seleçâo. Someone said they had not lost at home in 39 years.

At the end of the second half I was wishing Germany to let them score one the consolation goal and was kinda angry they didn't and just after Oscar did manage to score one I thought, "nah, actually that didn't really work as I though." There's nothing that will erase this, not ever.

I guess not everyone will enjoy the best World Cup ever the same way, especially not those who actually paid for it.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby FCB general » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:07 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Yes, to be honest this is Germany's best tournament in a very long time, even if they lose on Sunday. We've criticized a lot but the fact is that they've only conceded 4 goals (and only 3 teams scored against them), and they have scored in every game.

They must win, there is no room for defeat after this match. Not because of performance and 7 goals in the middle of Brazil against host, but because of that top they've got climbed onto after frustrating bronze medals and lost semi finals. They have been waiting for 24 years, now it's a time to do it. They didn't with the most talentless Elf in history(2002) to do it, but now they have to.

It's time for Klose, Lahm, Schweini, Poldi & Merte to feel how is to be the best. :|
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby walter » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:20 pm

tflags wrote:showing the scoreline and having to scroll the names of the scorers because they didn't fit; the first half wasn't even over yet..

I thought I was watching the movie credits in the Lord of the Rings, it just kept going :lol:
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:27 pm

walter wrote:
tflags wrote:showing the scoreline and having to scroll the names of the scorers because they didn't fit; the first half wasn't even over yet..

I thought I was watching the movie credits in the Lord of the Rings, it just kept going :lol:

I noted this as well and commented to my 8 year old son during the match yesterday....the look on his face was priceless
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Bayernbazi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:34 pm

Bayernbazi wrote:Oh no, now we're screwed ! do the Germans have someone like Gandalf or Getafix ?

http://time.com/2961854/meet-brazils-black-magic-enthusiast-and-his-anti-german-voodoo-dolls/

The DFB should consider employing this magic guy since what he did was really something magical =D>
Bayernbazi
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby runaway » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:38 pm

It's time for Germany's Golden Generation to actually get a Gold. [-o<
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Jorge » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Rio Ferdinand was spot on 2 days before this match:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldc ... final.html
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Jorge » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:56 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Why is no one thanking Pep? I thought he was the one coaching Germany? :lol:

I get the irony in your sentence but being serious about it: if we need to thank somebody that is Kloppo. This was Dortmund's high pressing game at its best and had nothing to do with useless possession and Tiki-"Kaka". I hope Germany continuous this approach in the final with vertical passing after winning the ball high on the pitch. Ozil was not too bad but still not in the same frequency at times and clearly not as good as the rest or what he can be. Schurrle deserves to start on the left wing.
Jorge
I post all the time

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCB general » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:16 pm

Jorge wrote:if we need to thank somebody that is Kloppo. This was Dortmund's high pressing game at its best and had nothing to do with useless possession and Tiki-"Kaka".

Glad to hear that from you. I mean, during that first 29 minutes in one moment I felt very weird, confused and a bit sad while my father was smiling from the first minute and telling me how Germany will smash Brazil when you look at their quality and demonstration of running, strength, idea and accuracy.

Why was like that? I recalled Bayern in Pokal... Literally the same scenario of destroying Bayern. That was a humiliation to me.

Jorge wrote:I hope Germany continuous this approach in the final with vertical passing after winning the ball high on the pitch.

Me too, because this is proven as the best way to play and to win. Still, I expect Löw to change approach and after tonight's match analize opponents playing style. We can expect in final cautious approach, more concentration on defense like it was against France because van Gaal is genious, always finds something new on this tournament to switch the game in his direction.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team