You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2014-07-08] Brazil vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:00 pm

Brazil will win inside 90 minutes
5%
Brazil will win after extra time
No votes
Brazil will win on penalties
No votes
Germany will win on penalties
No votes
Germany will win after extra time
10%
Germany will win inside 90 minutes
85%

Total votes : 20

Re: [2014-07-08] Brazil vs Germany

Postby scaPEPgoat » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:43 pm

pyrasur wrote:
scaPEPgoat wrote:
Tedesco wrote:I don't think that Özil was particularly bad yesterday. The only dumb thing he did was try to score himself that sitter. Schürrle was free to just tap-in. And as a result, Oscar scored from the counter that generated.

If not for Özil, the result would have been probably 8-0 and not 7-1.

so far at wc
muller 5 goals 3 assists 562 mins played
kroos 2 goals 4 assists 570 mins
ozil 1 goal 1 assist 535 mins
Klose 2 goals 192 mins
schurrle 3 goals 155 mins

I wanted to post this in response to whoever recently posted "why single out Ozil" but couldn't find it. Still.

That was me.

You're not going to agree with me on this issue. You've got some interesting statistics, but let me add one. Özil leads with Müller in chances created. .

But stats don't show the full picture. Your stats for sure ignore that Schürrle is always brought on late in the game against tired opponents who have played the whole game. He for sure benefits from that, but that's his job and that's why he's in the team. Kroos's stats look good, but his standout game against Brazil masks how little he did against teams such as Algeria. In the opening thirty minutes there Kroos looked rather shellshocked, but he looks rather good after we've gone up 2-0 against Brazil.

Özil is supposed to be a central attacking midfielder, and he's playing out of his normal position on the left. Even with that he's created 15 chances. Even if only one of those chances led to his assist, he's still creating space for others, helping build the play, and performing the small functions that aren't shown on your stats. Özil's game is and always has been about creating opportunities for the team, making the team play better.

You have such negative feelings toward Özil, I want to know your real reason for trying to scapegoat him. Show me how much better Bastian is playing, or Götze.

The true and real reason I scapegoat him is because Idon't believe he should be an automatic started for NT every game and he is and I resent it because I don't think he is good enough to warrant that special treatment.
So, you are saying that Schurrle's limited mins are an advantage because they are off the bench and opposition is tired? Then how come no one else at WC has 3 goals coming off the bench? With that easy, tired opposition and all? And I admit Gotze has been not great but maybe if he were given as much fatih as Ozil and started every single game then he would work through it but he is not given the chance. EVen Schweinsteiger is not an automatic starter now so same deal. But ozil no matter how many bad performances never gets benched. You want to talk about overall stats then how come Kroos leads the castrol index and again Ozil nowhere to be found. Hummels has twice the goals as Ozil in just over half the mins played and they were from the start of the game so you can't use excuse of tired defenders but he is still contributing. Why is Ozil, our supposed player of the year and automatic starter not mentioned for golden ball along with his linemates Kroos and Muller if he is Herr Creator? Gotze at least has a gwg (lucky and ugly but Ozils was kind o lucky also) and a motm. And I resent you saying I have some ulterior reason ...what are you trying to imply? Wasn't he booed by German fans at least twice now when leaving the pitch? Don't the fans in Arsenal hate him also? Referred to regularly as a flop. Plus I hate his attitude. Fans travel across the world to third world jungles to watch him play and he acts like he is going out of his way to salute them when subbed off. Even Kroos was much more expressive and sincere when acknowledging fans when subbed off. This disrespect of fans happened for Arsenal also. BFG had to call him out in the press and the dressing room over it.
So basically, I, along with many others, think he gets more starts than he deserves and he does not give great effort and he does not have a good attitude.
You want to call out Schweinsteiger, well, if he were there simply to provide offense then I would call him out too. But if anyone has earned the right to be automatic starter Schweinsteiger uber Ozil any day.
As far as Ozil playing out of position..well, he lost his position trough ineffective play and he was not good enough to take over his secondary position either and he has been tried as false9 and was unimpressive there too. Him being out of his position is a product of his poor performances not an excuse for them.
scaPEPgoat
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby pyrasur » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:28 pm

Good lord. If you notice all these attitude problems then props to you. I guess you have that right to be pissed off if he doesn't act super motard German all the time, unless you actually are German then you should really know better. I'm happy that he always celebrates his teammates goals. He definitely could improve his body language, but I care about that only so far as I don't want his poor body language to give confidence to our opponent's confidence.

Was he twice booed off the pitch? In this WC? I don't know why you are asking if Arsenal fans hate him too. You tell me if they hate him. I can tell you Stewart Robson and Piers Morgan haven't been good supporters, but that's where you get your football opinions that would certainly explain a lot. BFG did not not call him out in the press. Mertesacker was a man and confronted Özil the pitch, in ONE incident where Arsenal were spanked. And Özil apologized for for getting so depressed by the loss that he didn't thank the fans. Everyone in the German NT and Arsenal has defended Özil. Even at RM, the players defended him against Jose Mourinho, and the fans and players questioned why he was forced out.

On the game side, I don't even really know what to say of a lot of your comparisons. You are comparing apples to oranges. Hummels has as many goals as Kroos does too, and at least Hummels' goals came before Brazil fell to pieces. Schürrle absolutely benefits from being a super sub. I don't even know why the Castrol Index matters to you, or a lot of these stats anyway. Look at the actual chances he created. A number of those chances would be goals if someone hadn't mucked it up.

That you haven't noticed how poorly some of other players have played, especially in really key moments, but you've somehow managed to notice Özil astounds me. I only ask if you have an reason outside football so that I can know when to stop arguing. It's tough to argue with someone that "hates" someone else's attitude anyway.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby MUTU » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:51 pm

Khedira injured; Kramer starting!
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Tedesco » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:55 pm

Wtf!!!
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:56 pm

Hell of a moment to find out if Kramer is up to the task.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby runaway » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:57 pm

why is it in this thread? lol
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby tflags » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:58 pm

Everyone is so freaking tense none are paying any attention.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:23 pm

happened exactly today week and still cannot believe it
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:51 pm

Seems like ages ago. Hard to believe it's only been a week.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Tedesco » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Indeed. So much has happened since then. :o
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:14 pm

and a month ago Germany destroyed Portugal & Ronaldo altogether... :lol:
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Andrey Khvatov » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:34 pm

When I watched this match I thought that it is a video from brazzers
Andrey Khvatov
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Payam » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:54 pm

Andrey Khvatov wrote:When I watched this match I thought that it is a video from brazzers

Yes, there was some bad acting all over the pitch.
I'll paint any car for 3.95.
Payam
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Sweden

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:53 pm

One year ago. :)
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:07 pm

:D OMG that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tonight I'll post a commemorative photo!
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team