You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2012-09-11] Austria vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:45 pm

Austria will win
No votes
It will end in a draw
No votes
Germany will win
100%

Total votes : 11

Re: [2012-09-11] Austria vs Germany

Postby quaazi » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:23 pm

It was a run off the ball that opened up space, allowing the goal (and making me confuse him with klose apparently!).
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby walter » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:54 pm

Jorge wrote:I can't believe so many are asking to bench Schmelzer after this game. I totally disagree: he should never be called again to the National Team.

nah, too drastic, the kid will get another chance. Aago got two or three before that decision was made.
walter
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Venezuela
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:05 pm

Klose is a German legend he has usuly stepped up when needed the most
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby IdealGas » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:20 pm

Firefox1234 wrote:Klose is a German legend he has usuly stepped up when needed the most

Obviously you're a Klose fan. Well, I am too. But he really needs to step up like soon!! Especially since Gomez is getting better... health-wise, that is. I would really like to see him score a few more goals to add up to his tally. I honestly thought he would come close to being Germany's top goalscorer after the last 2 games... :(
"Meine Kraft liegt in Jesus!" -da27
IdealGas
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Jorge » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:27 pm

walter wrote:
Jorge wrote:I can't believe so many are asking to bench Schmelzer after this game. I totally disagree: he should never be called again to the National Team.

nah, too drastic, the kid will get another chance. Aago got two or three before that decision was made.

Did you realized that Schmelzer will be 25 in 4 months? I know some players blossom late (Bierhoff is a good example) but Schmelzer does not look defensively too good neither for club or country and for sure Germany does not need an offensive left back and they need a reliable defensive one more than anything. Just pay attention at a few goals that Germany conceded in recent history and you will see a pattern.

At this point I prefer to work with what already proved to be better options than keep calling a failed test. Lahm can go back to the left opening the right for Boateng or Bender, even Howedes did not look as bad as the Schmelzer test) or should JLo take a look at players he is not even considering, like Pander (as some said) or try Tim Chandler (if he and Klinsmann can agree on what country he is going to play for)
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:34 pm

MUTU wrote:If the keeper had scored it, he wouldn't have been able to score from the rebound.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby AvatarX » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:41 pm

MUTU wrote:
AvatarX wrote:He gave the assist to Reus to score

It was a shot in the dark and he got lucky. Besides, Reus made that goal.

What was weird in that goal was: what was Oezil doing like 5 metres offside? If the keeper had scored it, he wouldn't have been able to score from the rebound.

First of all nice element u did there.

Second he saw Reus and passed. It was a nice pass not a shot in the dark and if you weren't so biased against him you would have noticed that too. Anyway he didn't play well as I already said.
"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred."
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner
Assistant Admin & World Cup 2014 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Anonymous

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:29 pm

Jorge wrote:Schmelzer does not look defensively too good neither for club or country

I beg to differ.

2 seasons ago he was 2nd best defender in kicker's average match ratings (1st was Hummels).

Last season he was only marginally worse than Lahm.

Seeing as Germany has been short of alternatives at LB for a long time, he DOES deserve another chance. Similarly, Hummels didn't look particularly good in any of the matches he played for Germany before Euro 2012, but then he was a monster in Euro 2012 (up until his blunder against Italy at least).
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:33 pm

AvatarX wrote:First of all nice element u did there.

Thank you :) Glad you appreciate it :)

AvatarX wrote:Second he saw Reus and passed. It was a nice pass not a shot in the dark and if you weren't so biased against him you would have noticed that too. Anyway he didn't play well as I already said.

Yes he saw Reus and passed, but I bet he didn't expect Reus to score :)
In the books it counts as an assist, since he made the pass, but saying that Klose had a hand in the goal is taking credit away from Reus, in my opinion.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Kicker ratings have Neuer as 16th last season. Don't care what they say anymore.

Seriously though, this is a common problem with Dortmund players by now. Their poor showings in the Champions League leads to lack of international experience - they don't meet other footballing cultures as often as Bayern players do. Hummels was especially a disaster waiting to happen (which eventually did).

Basically I think that there is good reason why Bayern players keep getting preferential treatment as some have put it. If Dortmund starts doing well in the Champions League, then their players have a better case for making it into the big tourneys for their country.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby MoFattal » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:41 pm

This year Dortmund players should be gaining a LOT of experience from the CL group opponents, regardless of whether they progress or not. Unless, of course, they get a Leverkusen-type hammering by the other national champions.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:42 pm

quaazi wrote:Kicker ratings have Neuer as 16th last season. Don't care what they say anymore.

Goalkeeper ratings are not accurate. We've had a run of matches during the start of last season where opponents would get 0 or 1 shots on goal at most. You can't give a goalkeeper a high rating if he's only made one save all match, can you? So, don't discredit their ratings by looking at the goalkeeper ones.

quaazi wrote:Seriously though, this is a common problem with Dortmund players by now. Their poor showings in the Champions League leads to lack of international experience - they don't meet other footballing cultures as often as Bayern players do. Hummels was especially a disaster waiting to happen (which eventually did).

Fair point, but Hummels still had a super Euro 2012. I'd dare say he was Germany's best player at Euro 2012.

quaazi wrote:Basically I think that there is good reason why Bayern players keep getting preferential treatment as some have put it. If Dortmund starts doing well in the Champions League, then their players have a better case for making it into the big tourneys for their country.

With the group they have come up against, it's not going to be easy for them. Let's wait and see, we can only be surprised.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Commodore » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:54 pm

Kicker Noten (ratings) are, have been and unfortunately will probably always be just about the most LOL-worthy thing that has ever happened in German football. I don't know whether they employ monkeys with typewriters to come up with these ratings or whether they use some ridiculous stats. Fact is the ratings are not based on people with football knowledge watching the games.

It's been like that for decades.

Off the top of my head a more recent example: Alaba vs Real received a 2.5 in both games (1 being the best and 6 being the worst).

They f*cking say Alaba was AVERAGE in these two games FFS!

Spoiler: show
Schmelzer sucks, period.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:16 pm

Commodore wrote:Off the top of my head a more recent example: Alaba vs Real received a 2.5 in both games (1 being the best and 6 being the worst).

They f*cking say Alaba was AVERAGE in these two games FFS!

First off, 2.5 is a good rating that's much better than average. In fact, last season's best defender was again Mats Hummels with an average rating of 2.65.
Secondly, don't forget that Alaba also conceded a penalty.

I don't think he deserved much more than 2.5 to be honest.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Sep 13, 2012 4:25 pm

If we are focusing on individual mistakes Hummels let Cassano pass him by and assist Balotelli. If I am not mistaken he was also involved in Greece's equalizer the game before. Alaba did get that penalty for Madrid, 'cause he fell. Besides, he made that up straight away with that assist to Robben who missed one heck of a sitter. He also scored a penalty when others could not. Hummels wasn't that bad at the Euros, but his flops cost Germany one vital game.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to German National Team