You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

[2008-06-16] Austria vs Germany

Discussions on international matches played by Germany's senior national team and youth teams.

What is your prediction for this match?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:05 am

Austria win
14%
Draw
No votes
Germany win
86%

Total votes : 7

[2008-06-16] Austria vs Germany

Postby MUTU » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:05 am

This is Germany's final group stage match. Schweinsteiger will be suspended for this match, following his straight red card in the previous match against Croatia.

A draw will be enough for Germany to qualify, no matter what happens in the other game between Poland and Croatia. If Germany do get the draw (or a win), they will face Portugal in the quarterfinals.

Personally, I don't like Lehmann. He is looking too jittery on the ball, and he hardly ever grabs the ball securely. A goalkeeper needs to instill confidence in his defence so that they can go out and win balls rather than trying to cover up for the goalkeeper's deficiencies.

For this reason, my preferred formation for this match would be:

Adler - Lahm, Mertesacker, Metzelder, Friedrich - Podolski, Frings, Ballack, Odonkor/Fritz - Klose, Gomez
Last edited by MUTU on Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby medin69 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:31 pm

I think Kuranyi should start not Gomez
medin69
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:50 pm

medin69 wrote:I think Kuranyi should start not Gomez

I agree with Medin69. About Lehmann, no. Changing the keeper in the middle of the tournament is not a very good idea especially when it comes to Lehmann (his character). So keep him there UNLESS he does something a la Robinson.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MunchenFC » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:20 pm

i wish that could be the line up
yet i doubt low will do that
and you have to say the second goal was all luck or bad luck in lehman's case
and the second goal was jansens fault
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:02 pm

and the second goal was jansens fault

First :wink:
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:15 pm

Apparently Podolski is injured and could hardly walk yesterday. He is a major doubt for the game on Monday and Loew is considering drafting in Neuville in the starting formation.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:59 pm

Marcell Jansen looks set to miss Germany's final Group B clash against Austria after suffering a shoulder injury in the 2-1 defeat to Croatia.

However, Lukas Podolski and Philipp Lahm should be able to play in Monday's encounter after recovering from minor knocks.

Team manager Oliver Bierhoff confirmed: "There will be no problem with Podolski or Lahm, but it doesn't look so good for Jansen." Torsten Frings is looking forward to the game in Vienna, with Germany needing a draw against Austria to reach the quarter-finals.

The midfielder said: "It's going to be a great game. We'll be playing in front of 50,000 fans on a major stage against the hosts. What could be better? It will give us an edge.

"It's our fault this match has taken on the character of a final, but we know we're good enough to beat Austria. If we're tense you could call it a positive form of anticipation.

"This is a much better team than the one that went out in the first phase four years ago in Portugal.

"We've played with this system for four years now and we can't let all the progress we've made hang on one match against Austria. We're not going to change the way we play now." Germany will also be without the suspended Bastian Schweinsteiger who was sent off against Croatia.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MunchenFC » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:27 pm

marcell jansen played horable when he started and knw hes injured
i feel bad for marcell
arne will now start so thats good news
“My heart is red through and through. Personally, it’ll be much better winning the Champions League with Bayern Munich than with Real Madrid. When I arrive at the Säbener Strasse, it’s like coming home" - Bastian Schweinsteiger
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby tigercup » Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:25 pm

German line up should be:

.............Lehmann...................

Friedrich........Mertesacker.......Metzelder.......Lahm

....................Frings...........Borowski....................

Odonkor.........................................Podolski

........................Ballack.............................

........................Klose...............................

But i think that low will play with 4 midfield so that Gomez will play for Borowski.
tigercup
Woah, this feels cool!

Postby MaCk0y » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:37 pm

OMG !!! Indirectly, Gomez is saying to Loew: "Don't play me!" The horrible thing is not that he did not score from 0.5 meters away from the goal line but that he didn't jump for the ball to remedy himself and try to score. No he just stood there watching the defender clearing the bal. WTF! :x :x :x :x

Austria is playing better than Germany. Germany is very slow in the build up in contrast with the Austrians who are dangerous on every attack which is very worrying me with that kind of defence.

And why did the referee send off both managers? Hope Germany in the second half drastically improve.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby MunchenFC » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:03 am

mackoy wrote:OMG !!! Indirectly, Gomez is saying to Loew: "Don't play me!" The horrible thing is not that he did not score from 0.5 meters away from the goal line but that he didn't jump for the ball to remedy himself and try to score. No he just stood there watching the defender clearing the bal. WTF! :x :x :x :x

Austria is playing better than Germany. Germany is very slow in the build up in contrast with the Austrians who are dangerous on every attack which is very worrying me with that kind of defence.

And why did the referee send off both managers? Hope Germany in the second half drastically improve.

Gomez is hilarious, i would of scored that goal!
i guess gomez is the reverse of Poldi :)
who played great today
and most importantly germany won and play portugal (gulp) in the quater final :( :shock:
it does not matter germany will be back in the stadium they were playing in today 2 win the final
oh and great goal by Ballack!
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Postby MaCk0y » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:47 am

MunchenFC wrote:
mackoy wrote:OMG !!! Indirectly, Gomez is saying to Loew: "Don't play me!" The horrible thing is not that he did not score from 0.5 meters away from the goal line but that he didn't jump for the ball to remedy himself and try to score. No he just stood there watching the defender clearing the bal. WTF! :x :x :x :x

Gomez is hilarious, i would of scored that goal!
i guess gomez is the reverse of Poldi :)
who played great today
and most importantly germany won and play portugal (gulp) in the quater final :( :shock:
it does not matter germany will be back in the stadium they were playing in today 2 win the final
oh and great goal by Ballack!

Yes fantastic goal by Ballack. The thing is Germany did not score from open play but from and individual effort against Austria. They had 2 great chances on the counter attack and didn't score them. Against Portugal, they have to get those chances because if not you can forget Germany winning the Euro. :(
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Postby FCBinNYC » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:01 pm

Yeah Portugal will be tough, but I thought the team played well, and could have had a few more goals after the first with a little luck. Plus Schweini will be back which is great since Fritz is useless. Hitzlsperger and Bastian on the wings, Klose and Poldi up front and we'll be good to go!
FCBinNYC
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MunchenFC » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:34 pm

schweiny will score 3 again and we will end up facing italy in the final and grant frings and every and i mean everly last germans wishes to break the italians hearts like they broke ours!!!!
Viva la Kroos
MunchenFC
I post all the time

Return to German National Team