You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

VfL Wolfsburg

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: VfL Wolfsburg

Postby albanian7 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:29 am

I know who our shareholders are perfectly well, thank you very much. What I'm saying is that

1. Audi has been a "sponsor" for how long? Exactly. An emission test "scandal" won't make us break the partnership with them

2. Uli's job has been to bring reliable and respectable partners to help Bayern economically. Volkswagen is one of the top reputable companies in the world today, with or without emission tests

3. We are not a green organization

4. How much money have Audi invested in Bayern since 2009?

5. I think it has already been said that Winterkom will stay as part of the board. I am sure that if the board won't want him to stay, Uli & the rest can call him and kindly ask him to step down

6. Do you think the scandal will make the company less "interested" on Bayern?
albanian7
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby nm462272 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:09 am

it seems like we're on the tip of an iceberg now, with rumors of a) VW's issues stretching beyond the US and b) other carmakers may have also been doing the same. Depending on how much it costs VW to deal with this, it's possible that their investments in football decrease. at the same time, their place with Bayern is solidified and I don't think that will change.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby #12 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:23 pm

@ albanian7: yes, that's what I was aiming at... I don't think it's too likely they will opt out but it's a possibility... They already have 100% shares in two other clubs and also sponsor many more... Don't know how much they have to tighten their belt...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby tflags » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:58 pm

At this early stage the possible fallout can be quite severe. The US goverment will not let this one go slightly but the issue extends beyond a goverment's fine. By cheating on the tax emission tests the cars got a possible higher tax break which would have to be reversed (with the corresponding fines.)

Then there's the issue of certain vehicles NOT meeting emission standards which could possible render them, for example, not street legal in certain states. Yeah, money back nightmare.

And that's before getting to the EU or China where, people tend to joke erroneously, have stricter emissions than most states in the States and settlements are not as swift or forthcoming.

In short, this can get very ugly. In light of this putting aside 8 billion on a case where just the fine has been discussed at 18 billion is only a half first step.

So while a marketing assets sale should not the first order of the day (they will certainly need all the help they can get and these partnerships should be crucial) other assets could be considered for cash flow purposes. From Spanish carmakers to low yield research projects to poor sales overseas offices; yes, there are other assets that could get axed and keeping Winterkorn on the board is just a very first indication Bayern's shares are not going anywhere anytime soon.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:43 pm

Yup, repercussions are horrid... They might also be held responsible by many buyers... Their stock has also experienced a HUGE backlash... Wanted to save a few millions, now they have to pay many many billions - serves them right, greedy dumbasses...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:16 am

Wolfsburg have postponed plans for a new multi-million euro youth training centre after the scandal over rigged diesel emissions tests that has hit owners Volkswagen, Wolfsburg’s chief executive Klaus Allofs said. [source]
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby quaazi » Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:30 am

That's an interesting question - with the supposed self-sufficiency of VfL Wolfsburg, why is it a bad time to invest? Surely Wolkswagen's financial injections to the club were little more than sponsorship deals that will continue at the established level?

Not being smart or anything, I'm honestly curious about their finances right now.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:37 pm

DALLA NIGERIA: OSIMHEN FIRMA CON IL WOLFSBURG

Lo rivela completesportsnigeria.com: Victor Osimhen, uno dei migliori attaccanti classe 1998 al mondo, sta per firmare con il Wolfsburg. I tedeschi avrebbero battuto la concorrenza di Inter e Borussia Dortmund.

Trans:
one of the best attackers born 1998 is to sign for VfL, who beat BVB and Inter for his signature.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MillaMjau » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:55 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!
The Dutch striker broke his foot in a challenge with an unnamed teammate and was immediately taken for tests, which revealed a fracture.

The rumour has it the unnamed teammate was Dante.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby MillaMjau » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:07 pm

Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

National Flag:
Finland

Postby MoFattal » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:23 pm

Any idea about him? It seems like an under-the-radar kind of move.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Argeta » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:28 pm

Just by looking at him you know he's good.
Argeta
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:31 pm

He looks like Eyezil... :P
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby German-American » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:45 pm

Sebastian Jung torn a ligament in his knee while playing against Gent, yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Bayern for life, I just want to see at least one game...thats all I ask
German-American
I post all the time

Location: Grew up in Hillsborough,NJ....Lives in Haymarket, Va....attends WVU
National Flag:
United States of America

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:44 pm

So anyhow before I leave I forgot I never told you guys my weirdest football experience ever. There I was the night before Xmas (Xmas being Bayern vs Wolfsburg) some years back on the lobby and I ran into Magath (no comments) and Olic (photos here somewhere) who on top of being the Ze Roberto of Croatians turns out to be the friendliest dude like ever.

So anyhow as I'm walking back I turn to the elevators and next to it half of Wolfsburg is sitting there at the bar. I see this guy Benaglio with like the most pissed off look since Darth Maul and I just froze. The guy is a 100 feet tall, muscles that would make Neuer look like Robben and he has this look like he's about to mass murder a town or something and he notices I'm just standing there starring, scared as shit, Bayern shirt on.

So I do the most stupid thing which is that I turn to his beer (I don't know why since half the freaking team were drinking) and I give him this face like disapproved surprise. (Hey, the guy was about to face Muller the next day, alright? What was I supposed to think?)

So I turn my face down, turn around slowly and start walking towards the elevator half hoping the guy doesn't strike me from the back with some lighting shit or a bar stool or whatevs and I manage to safely make it to the el.

Once inside I double down on the stupid gig of the day and I keep starring at the guy, beer half empty. He turns his head up and realizes I am starring again and his face turns like woody woodpecker's mass murdering brother. So he stands from the stool walking towards the elevator and I just freeze as the elevator is taking forever to reach my floor (never mind I'm at the fourth floor.)

I get to my room and I don't walk out out all night out of fear Benaglio the mass murder is looking for me.

It was a good thing they drove (or flew) back to Wolfsburg the next day after the game 'cause I was having a pretty boring time in Munich, grounded, watching Sport1 in German.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany