You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

VfL Wolfsburg

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: VfL Wolfsburg

Postby ottackon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:55 pm

Manager Allofs stating in today's press conference: "Now it's just about the money."

Can't see tweet? Click here!

ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby RedQueen » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:07 pm

"Bild" says it's done. Take it with caution, it's "Bild" after all.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:32 pm

Bild is reliable when it comes to Bundesliga matters generally.

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby RedQueen » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:37 pm

"Bild" was among those who reported on Friday that the deal was done. As was Kicker, totally uncharacteristically.

But we've now confirmation from the club.

Einigung erzielt | VWL Wolfsburg.de [source]
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:37 pm

ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby tflags » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:43 pm

Honingstein wrote:Uefa’s financial fair play boffins will certainly take a keen interest in their balance sheet. It is no secret that their parent company picks up the tab to the tune of a few dozen million euros every season.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby kod2600 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:39 pm

Wolfsburg will become a very serious threat in the future and I kinda like it
My blood is RED
My team is RED
It's Bayern München till I'm DEAD

Mia San Mia
kod2600
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Palestine

Postby ramsej84 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:47 pm

Burki, Gomez, Khedira and Oezil and they are done.
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JJJ » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:12 pm

Andre Schürrle spoke in a brief interview about his move to VfL.

André, your transfer to VfL was only definitively completed at almost the very last minute. How happy are you that everything went according to plan?
André Schürrle: "Towards the end, everything did draw out somewhat, which was stressful for me and really frayed my nerves. Now I am finally at VfL Wolfsburg and I am very, very happy about that."

You agreed terms with VfL relatively quickly, but the negotiations with Chelsea then took until very shortly before the transfer deadline. Were you at all worried that the deal could fall through?
André Schürrle: "It wasn’t my first transfer, so I was aware that these things can take longer than expected before all parties have agreed on the terms. That considered, I was a little tense, because I really wanted to make the move to Wolfsburg. Despite that though, I was always pretty convinced that it would work out in the end."

During the winter break, you were connected with possible moves to several different clubs. In making your decision, how important was the possibility of playing in the Bundesliga again?

André Schürrle: "That was my express wish! I had offers from Spain and France too, but at the end of the day, I really wanted to return to Germany. Wolfsburg made their interest known very early on. I took a look at the team and the prospects of the club, which seem very good. For me it quickly became apparent where the journey was going to take me."

National team coach Joachim Löw ostensibly also recommended you make the move to Wolfsburg.
André Schürrle: "That’s true! I chose to speak to him about it because we have a good understanding of one another and I rate his opinion very highly. He told me what he honestly thinks, which he also did before my moves to Leverkusen and to Chelsea. We first spoke about a move to Wolfsburg quite some time ago, because he believed that, considering the tactical approach and playing style of VfL, the move to Wolfsburg would be the right move for me."

When Kevin De Bruyne made the move from Chelsea to VfL a year ago, he needed some time to settle in, because he had played so little football in London. Do you think you could have similar problems with the switch to German football at the beginning - although you did have more active playing time of late than Kevin did before his move?
André Schürrle: "Mentally, I felt as though I would have liked to have been out on the pitch in the VfL shirt in Frankfurt. Physically we’ll have to take a look at how things are, because over the last two or three weeks, I haven’t been playing regular football, rather just training. Before now, I have always been able to catch up on physical deficits pretty quickly and I will work hard on my fitness. Then I am sure I will be able to help VfL sooner rather than later."
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Badger » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:17 pm

kod2600 wrote:Wolfsburg will become a very serious threat in the future and I kinda like it

Yes. I think they'll be Bayern's main challengers for a few years, and the next time Bayern doesn't win the league, it is likely that Wolfsburg will be the winners.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby FCB general » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:32 pm

NA ENDLICH!

btw. Dat Hecking's face expression, haha. What a freeze look, brrrrr... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Soy un hombre muy honrado que me gusta lo mejor, las mujeres no me faltan, ni el dinero, ni el amor,

Jineteando en mi caballo por la sierra yo me voy, las estrellas y la luna, ellas me dicen donde voy"
FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:25 am

I wouldnt count on VFL just yet.. Ofcourse they are doing great so far this season, but they still lose to many points against the lesser opponents. And if a real big club comes, who says KdB will stay? Same goes for Gustavo. I am wondering if they can get a good striker, if not, i dont see them becoming more dangerous.
Ottomeister13

Postby DerKaiser » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:07 pm

Schurlle had a great game for wolfsburg....nice start for him.....2.5 assists
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:38 pm

DerKaiser wrote:Schurlle had a great game for wolfsburg....nice start for him.....2.5 assists

Now I wish I have satellite TV and ZDF so I could watch ZDF Sportstudio and see what was happening. :?
"Soy un hombre muy honrado que me gusta lo mejor, las mujeres no me faltan, ni el dinero, ni el amor,

Jineteando en mi caballo por la sierra yo me voy, las estrellas y la luna, ellas me dicen donde voy"
FCB general

National Flag:
Caribbean Community

Postby DerKaiser » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:51 pm

FCB general wrote:
DerKaiser wrote:Schurlle had a great game for wolfsburg....nice start for him.....2.5 assists

Now I wish I have satellite TV and ZDF so I could watch ZDF Sportstudio and see what was happening. :?

You could try the combination of watching zatoo with a proxy program like hola...

otherwise...

http://www.footytube.com/video/vfl-wolfsburg-hoffenheim-feb07-333376?ref=tchan_ov_vidgrid
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany