You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

THE RISE OF THE BUNDESLIGA

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

THE RISE OF THE BUNDESLIGA

Postby Journinho » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:56 pm

Written a piece on how the Bundesliga can/is increasing in stature as a league, if you could give it a read and let me know what you think, all comments/criticisms will be greatly appreciated! :mrgreen:

LINK:

http://journinho.wordpress.com/2013/03/27/theyre-coming-and-theyve-got-guardiola/
Journinho
First post

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: THE RISE OF THE BUNDESLIGA

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:25 am

Well I wouldn't exactly say that Dortmund sold Sahin for a huge profit, but other than that it's a good read.

P.S. Are you a Dortmund fan?
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby StrikingMidfield » Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:48 pm

=D> Very nice writing there. Points out a lot of the things that make the Bundesliga the best league in the world. One thing that I think you could have touched on, is the support. While almost all fans in England sit like they're in church, ALL fans in this league of ours get involved. Not just us and Dortmund, but even teams in the lower spots in the league have fans with flares, tifos and the like. Not to mention the German National Team is a popular and likely contender for the 2014 World Cup, meaning if we win it the league will become even more popular. "England invented the modern game, Scotland revolutionized it and Germany perfected it" :D
StrikingMidfield
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Paul 1300 » Sun May 12, 2013 10:01 am

Speaking as a English fan going to games in England,a couple of questions

1. I don't know why you think we sit there like we are in church, isn't this the place where Hooliganism started(not that that is anything to be proud of), I was under the understanding that the atmosphere at most games is pretty good, unless we are talking of the stereo typical British Stiff upper lip.

2. Scotland Revolutionised(English Spelling no Z)it, I think I may have missed that when was that then.

Football is always evolving, in the early 90's Serie A in Italy was considered the best and richest league in the world, temporarily in 2000's the Premier league was considered the best, then with the dominance of Barcelona and Real Madrid, and the National side Spanish Football was and posssibly still is considered to be they way to play the game, but Bayern's and Dortmunds stunning victories over the Spanish Giants ( the two richest clubs in the world) is leading us over here to believe there is a shift towards German foot ball, Certainly Bayern Munich have been an ever present force in world football, but I can't think of many German clubs with a similar heritage, but then my knowledge of German Football is not that great. The German National team has always performed well and winning the World cup in 1954 was a tremendous achievement, (and would have had a better chance of winning on 1966 if it wasn't for a Russian linesman)

Despite being English I don't like all the hype surrounding the national side and support Brazil, Argentina and Germany over England.
Paul 1300
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Return to Football in Germany