You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

RasenBallsport Leipzig

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: RasenBallsport Leipzig

Postby aterford » Wed May 16, 2018 2:26 pm

IMO, not a great look for us...
Personally, I've felt he'd have been a better fit than Kovac and is more proven, too. Have to think that if we'd shown any interest/contacted him it might have come up in conversation "Hey, I'm thinking about asking Leipzig to release me from my contract, so I'll be available, just a heads up"
Gotta imagine we could've had him if we put forth the effort rather than contact and give Kovac a job offer on the same day...
aterford
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Wed May 16, 2018 4:01 pm

I'm not entirely sure that the official version is what really happened. This looks to me like the Zorniger dismissal v 2.0, when the official version was also that Zorniger left the club on his own wishes after he was told they'll look for another coach in the summer. But the local reporter wrote that this wasn't at all what happened and Zorniger was really fired after a major fall-out with the club hierarchy.

The weird thing is they announced a press statement for Wednesday on late Sunday. Why would they do that if they already knew they weren't going to offer Hasenhüttl an extension? I can't imagine they didn't already know - you don't make up your mind about things like that on the day before the meeting. So they must at least have expected Hasenhüttl's reaction, if not even provoked it.

So I'm not really buying the official statements of regret by RR and OM. I think they wanted to get rid, and it was prepared. The meeting was on Tuesday evening, and early this morning all the lawyers already stood at Cottaweg prepared to work out the details. Doesn't look like it hit them unexpectedly.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed May 16, 2018 4:15 pm

Can you imagine how funny it'd be if they signed Ancelotti? I'd probably laugh for five minutes straight.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby RedQueen » Wed May 16, 2018 5:00 pm

What in the world gave you the idea that Ancelotti could be an option? :shock:
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed May 16, 2018 5:07 pm

RedQueen wrote:What in the world gave you the idea that Ancelotti could be an option? :shock:
He's a free coach and they presumably need one now. And he has Bundesliga experience. Surely there must be at least a 1 percent chance.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Wed May 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Eh, no. For starters, he's far too expensive.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed May 16, 2018 5:48 pm

RedQueen wrote:Eh, no. For starters, he's far too expensive.
I thought Leipzig had ambition. Besides, after his disappointing period with Bayern, I'd expect him to accept a salary cut.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Wed May 16, 2018 6:17 pm

AFAIK Carlo made 12m at Bayern, Hasenhüttl made 1.8m in Leipzig. So he'd have to take quite a substantial pay-cut. :D

Not sure whether serving noodles all the time would go down well with the club hierarchy, either... it would be funny, I'll give you that.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed May 16, 2018 6:19 pm

RedQueen wrote:AFAIK Carlo made 12m at Bayern, Hasenhüttl made 1.8m in Leipzig. So he'd have to take quite a substantial pay-cut. :D

Well, he needed the money to sustain his eating and smoking, and for the fuel he consumed for showing up for training.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Wed May 16, 2018 6:21 pm

RedQueen wrote:Not sure whether serving noodles all the time would go down well with the club hierarchy, either... it would be funny, I'll give you that.

What would be the funniest part, IMO, would be that RB Leipzig give the impression of trying to do everything the right way and everything... so I'd assume there'd be huge problems with Carlo's work ethic.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue May 22, 2018 5:18 pm

aterford wrote:IMO, not a great look for us...
Personally, I've felt he'd have been a better fit than Kovac and is more proven, too. Have to think that if we'd shown any interest/contacted him it might have come up in conversation "Hey, I'm thinking about asking Leipzig to release me from my contract, so I'll be available, just a heads up"
Gotta imagine we could've had him if we put forth the effort rather than contact and give Kovac a job offer on the same day...

In the end Kovac ended up with a title, which is more than can be said for most, if not all, of our other options.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue May 22, 2018 10:18 pm

What's gonna happen with Forsberg, Werner etc ? Are they gonna be able to retain them?
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MUTU » Wed May 23, 2018 6:22 am

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
aterford wrote:IMO, not a great look for us...

In the end Kovac ended up with a title, which is more than can be said for most, if not all, of our other options.
Well, we've given Ancelotti a lot of titles here on the forum ;)
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Previous

Return to Football in Germany