You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

RasenBallsport Leipzig

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: RasenBallsport Leipzig

Postby FCB12Forever » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:25 am

RedQueen wrote:What disadvantage of their locale? I don't think they could have chosen a better location. Leipzig is the cradle of German football, the DFB was founded there, VfB Leipzig were the first German champions. The other local Leipzig clubs are hopeless endeavours, there's no other top flight club anywhere around. And Leipzig is one of the fastest growing cities.

Forget about them signing big names. Not going to happen.

So what's their ambition? Becoming our feeder team? :twisted:
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Achilles » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:09 am

FCB12Forever wrote:So what's their ambition? Becoming our feeder team? :twisted:

Basically same with us in that matter, they want to find the talent before anyone else and keep it there for life time or as much as possible.
Mixing in with more than decent German players and grow little by little every season. If they extend Werner(poster boy) they will make a statement, they already have a good mix of German players or German-raised such as Orban,Halsteberng,Kampl,Klostermann and Werner of course. They got extremely talented players from abroad for peanuts like Forsberg,Keita and Upamecano and a German speaking coach. If you ask me I'd say that they're aiming for a mini-Bayern. I think that Keita was a blunder for his clause otherwise he would stay IMO.

They have money to spend and their scouting is fantastic so I'm expecting them to be even better next season with their U-23 talents coming in and I don't think that they are far away from their goal, becoming Meisters in such a short period. If they keep all the mentioned players and sign a couple of equally quality footballers then they will grow super fast.

If you ask me their project looks more solid than BVB's despite the latter's much better squad in terms of quality and experience, RB Leipzig will catch up in a couple of years and if I was a youngster RB Leipzig will be my first choice, sporting wise.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby cimperski » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:46 am

Achilles wrote:They have money to spend and their scouting is fantastic so I'm expecting them to be even better next season with their U-23 talents coming in

Well not their U-23 talents since they don't have U-23 team and I'm not convinced by their U-19 team. They have some players there that are supposed to be talented, like Kühn, Abouchabaka, Majetschak,... but they aren't getting any good results. In the league they are somewhere mid table and in UEFA youth league they are last in their group so apparently they still need some work in this department.
cimperski
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Slovenia

Postby Achilles » Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:56 pm

cimperski wrote:
Achilles wrote:They have money to spend and their scouting is fantastic so I'm expecting them to be even better next season with their U-23 talents coming in

Well not their U-23 talents since they don't have U-23 team and I'm not convinced by their U-19 team. They have some players there that are supposed to be talented, like Kühn, Abouchabaka, Majetschak,... but they aren't getting any good results. In the league they are somewhere mid table and in UEFA youth league they are last in their group so apparently they still need some work in this department.

You're right and I agree but I was talking about U-23 "transfers" talents because of their transfer policy being youngsters mostly.
Their transfer target group are mostly players U-23 that's why I said it and considering their perfect scouting(which I'm jealous) I'm expecting them to grow fast.
Mia san mia
Achilles
I post all the time

Postby aterford » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:47 pm

It seems like Salzburg basically functions as their U23 team, tbh
aterford
I post all the time

Postby RedQueen » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:33 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:
RedQueen wrote:What disadvantage of their locale? I don't think they could have chosen a better location. Leipzig is the cradle of German football, the DFB was founded there, VfB Leipzig were the first German champions. The other local Leipzig clubs are hopeless endeavours, there's no other top flight club anywhere around. And Leipzig is one of the fastest growing cities.

Forget about them signing big names. Not going to happen.

So what's their ambition? Becoming our feeder team? :twisted:

Developing big names rather than signing them. Signing only players not older than 24 and keeping them as long as possible, older the players get by themselves (Uli overlooked that bit when he said they can't play CL with only young players).

They've deregistered their U23 team last season. Doesn't make much sense to have a U23 team when your first team is bascially a U23 team.

Youngest average age starting line-ups | transfermarkt

Leverkusen did the same (the 2nd youngest starting team in the league). Stuttgart are considering it (3rd youngest).

aterford wrote:t seems like Salzburg basically functions as their U23 team, tbh

UEFA warned them they'll closely watch the transfer business between the clubs, so it will be interesting how the Salzburg-Leipzig transfer business develops. Don't expect it to die a sudden death, but to be reduced down quite a bit.

Kicker says the squad budget will be increased if they qualify for a European competition again - both for transfers and salaries. They want to keep Forsberg and Sabitzer by all means. Forsberg especially will be interesting, with his agent being a little would-be Raiola.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:32 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Cleared to buy the stadium in Leipzig. Capacity to be increased up to 57,000.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MUTU » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:45 pm

RedQueen wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!

Unbelievable that an 8 year old club has so many supporters. I don't know this as a fact, but it must be completely unprecedented in football anywhere, any era.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby #12 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:34 pm

MUTU wrote:

Unbelievable that an 8 year old club has so many supporters. I don't know this as a fact, but it must be completely unprecedented in football anywhere, any era.

Money can buy you everything
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:42 pm

MUTU wrote:

As I said, they couldn't have found a better location, at least not in Germany.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB general » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:51 pm

Well, if we take into consideration that Bayern is the best and the most dominant club in Germany overall looking all the German competitions and on the other side that the former-DDR hasn't been representing anything serious in German football after the unification of the country, I'm not surprised at all if all East Germans started to support RB Leipzig since there are no other clubs except Hertha, Union Berlin, Cottbus, Magdeburg and few more which I can't recall at the moment when I'm writing this, so this all around the energy drink club makes sense.
In Germany is possible to see that the capital city has no champions and top sides playing and competing against the rest of the league's elite. That also speaks for itself. If you take the rest of the European leagues, you see that's not the case at all, maybe in few countries, including France, but over the last 5-6 years that also changed thanks to the Qatar state who entered into the PSG's structure.
Still, if RB Leipzig don't start to invest big money in the next 4-5 years on top players and start spending massively on huge players' salaries, that idea of making them dominant and serious won't last long. Players and talents don't stay for many years at top traditional sides if they don't step up, how could then Leipzig be an exception? Well, it won't be. Either constant growth and a placement among the European elite or back to the Bundesliga sad reality.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby RedQueen » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:09 pm

It would have been much more difficult in Magdeburg or Dresden. Because at those locations, there are at least half decent 2nd or 3rd division sides. In Leipzig, the traditional clubs (Lok and Chemie) have been tumbling from one insolvency to the next, catastrophic management for decades. I've really lost track of all the chaos. And in addition they have either Nazis or left-wing extremists among their fans. There are violent clashes with either the police or opposition fans or both every other game. Leipzig is a city full of football fans many of whom have turned their back on these clubs.

Berlin has always had the disadvantage of having been a divided city, West Berlin an isolated island within the GDR. That's a major reason Hertha has never been able to develop a huge fanbase. The fanbase was traditionally restricted to West Berlin itself. The GDR and East Berlin supported Union Berlin - and they have the same economic and structural disadvantages as any other East German club (plus, they suffered from the competition of BFC Berlin, the "Stasi club"). And Berlin doesn't really have a huge football culture, comparable to the Ruhr area, for example.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:47 am

RedQueen wrote:Berlin has always had the disadvantage of having been a divided city, West Berlin an isolated island within the GDR. That's a major reason Hertha has never been able to develop a huge fanbase.

Hah, just got to know my German friend is Hertha fan.

Lokomotiv and Chemie have extremist fans, yes. But won't they slowly infiltrate RBL's fanbase? That's why I said this locale is not good. And it's not a big city. Forsberg wanted to leave just because the city doesn't have an LV store..
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby RedQueen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:48 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:Lokomotiv and Chemie have extremist fans, yes. But won't they slowly infiltrate RBL's fanbase? That's why I said this locale is not good.

I think that fear was one reason for establishing such high hurdles for club membership. Very easy to overtake a newly founded club.
And it's not a big city. Shanga Forsberg wanted to leave just because the city doesn't have an LV store..

FTFY :D Doubt she'd be enthusiastic about moving to Manchester. And don't ManU still have no women's team?
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:51 pm

So, Salzburg have won their EL group and RBL are one of the seeded UCL teams now competing in Europa League. So I suppose it's possible we could potentially see RBL and Salzburg meet up in the round of 16 or later?
aterford
I post all the time

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany