You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

RasenBallsport Leipzig

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: RasenBallsport Leipzig

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:59 pm

Yes!

But my point is: he would fit kinda well here - since we barely lose players ourselves and DO have dire need in that position...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:02 pm

Ralle and Uli = murder.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCB12Forever » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:26 pm

If they are not able to win trophy, no matter how resolute they are turning down other teams' offer, their players will simply refuse to renew and leave.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:30 pm

RedQueen wrote:Ralle and Uli = murder.

Yes... Uli likes yes men and Rangnick wants to work independently...

But I guess you agree that we desperately need a squad planner?!
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:33 pm

Of course. But even more worrying than the fact that we don't have one I find it that there's apparently no effort being made to bring someone in. Almost as if they think it's not that important. I can only hope we're not back to "this guy played well against us, let's buy him".

And that's but one thing I find worrying.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:54 pm

RedQueen wrote:Of course. But even more worrying than the fact that we don't have one I find it that there's apparently no effort being made to bring someone in. Almost as if they think it's not that important. I can only hope we're not back to "this guy played well against us, let's buy him".

And that's but one thing I find worrying.

That's what I meant...

No sporting director for 2 years, no problem!

Instead of promoting Reschke, we're sending him to Stuttgart...

Then we install Salihamidzic as sporting director - and now we're back to waiting? Again for years? Pathetic...
Plus Salihamidzic is a mismatch...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:05 pm

Maybe I'm wrong but I think that has got something to with Uli and Kalle having been world class footballers themselves. That's just my thoughts on it. They think they don't need a real sporting director or a real squad planner because they know best themselves. These positions didn't exist when they were active footballers so maybe they think they're not needed.

And if you bring someone in, you'll have to let him do his work and not meddle with demands that the player has to fit this, that and the other criteria having nothing to do with fitting into team/system. What Lahm said back then in his infamous interview.

The division of responsibilities at Leipzig avoids a lot of problems. One is the DoF and responsible for all things to do with football, and the other is responsible for the business side like sponsoring deals, marketing etc. And they don't get into each other's way. At Bayern, there is no such division of responsibilities between Uli and Kalle. Everyone seems to meddle with everything. And then they put someone like Brazzo in front of Reschke's nose. I wonder what qualified man would even be willing to put up with it.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:46 am

RedQueen wrote:Maybe I'm wrong but I think that has got something to with Uli and Kalle having been world class footballers themselves. That's just my thoughts on it. They think they don't need a real sporting director or a real squad planner because they know best themselves. These positions didn't exist when they were active footballers so maybe they think they're not needed.

And if you bring someone in, you'll have to let him do his work and not meddle with demands that the player has to fit this, that and the other criteria having nothing to do with fitting into team/system. What Lahm said back then in his infamous interview.

The division of responsibilities at Leipzig avoids a lot of problems. One is the DoF and responsible for all things to do with football, and the other is responsible for the business side like sponsoring deals, marketing etc. And they don't get into each other's way. At Bayern, there is no such division of responsibilities between Uli and Kalle. Everyone seems to meddle with everything. And then they put someone like Brazzo in front of Reschke's nose. I wonder what qualified man would even be willing to put up with it.

Truthfully, with that in mind - though I don't want it to happen - getting eliminated from Pokal by RBL and/or seeing RBL win the league might be a great thing for Bayern in the long run. I suspect were that the case we'd take a much closer look at their model and perhaps make some adjustments accordingly.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:44 am

I don't think we need somebody to micromanage every minute detail down to the menu card Rasenball-style. Don't think it would be a good idea, either, players and staff at Bayern would never put up with it, let alone that Uli would give up that kind of power.

It would be enough to bring in somebody like Zorc in Dortmund or Eberl in Gladbach. But the development goes in the opposite direction. Sammer is gone, Reschke is gone, couldn't get Eberl or Mislintat, instead they brought in Salihamidzic, who was never a coach, a scout or a squad planner, and is doing what exactly? Nothing that has to do with what a sporting director usually does for sure. It's baffling how they seem to believe they don't need such a position.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:48 pm

So, that little chat with Buschmann was interesting, and what I found out afterwards, too. Turns out that Poulsen had a premium for promotion to the first division of 300k, Kaiser had a premium for CL participation of 300k. Both arrangements were first agreed upon while RLB was still playing in the third (!!) division.

According to Bild, of the 13m UEFA pays to RBL for qualifying for the CL, 10m are paid out to players and staff as premiums.

By comparison: Chicharito at Bayer Leverkusen had a premium for winning the Bundesliga of 100k and for winning the CL of 100k likewise. 20k or 10k for reaching the next k.o. stage, depending on how much he plays. Neverkusen.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Previous

Return to Football in Germany