You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

RasenBallsport Leipzig

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: RasenBallsport Leipzig

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:25 pm

8)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RedQueen » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:25 pm

"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ramsej84 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:20 am

U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:32 am

"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!
So Der Spiegel apparently got hold of Upamecano's contract via Football Leaks.

Basic salary 2.4m€, plus additional payments of 2m, and a 3m signing on payment.

That's 4.4m for an 18 y/o CB. So much for them being lightyears behind even Dortmund and Leverkusen.

Has an exit clause of 100m next summer.

Augustin is on 4m basic salary, according to the article.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:03 pm

RedQueen wrote: Can't see tweet? Click here!
So Der Spiegel apparently got hold of Upamecano's contract via Football Leaks.

Basic salary 2.4m€, plus additional payments of 2m, and a 3m signing on payment.

That's 4.4m for an 18 y/o CB. So much for them being lightyears behind even Dortmund and Leverkusen.

Has an exit clause of 100m next summer.

Augustin is on 4m basic salary, according to the article.

So much for them "only" paying 3m max is what would come to MY mind first...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:18 pm

TBF that salary cap was increased to 4.5m with Forsberg's extension in February. But you can tell that even the 4.5m refer only to the "basic salary".

The usual, not outright lying but not telling the whole truth either.

As Spiegel doesn't write "up to 2m additional payments" but only "additional payments", they're probably more or less certain, category "if the player plays more than 10 games" or something.

Rangnick and that journalist are on Wontorra's talk on Sky tomorrow. Gonna be interesting.

But seeing the 100m exit clause for an 18 y/o CB you can imagine what they'll demand for Werner.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby pyrasur » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Why do they put a release clause on Upamecano if they value him so highly?
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby RedQueen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Maybe the player / his agent demanded a release clause. Read that Barcelona tried to get him in that transfer window, too.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:31 pm

RedQueen wrote:TBF that salary cap was increased to 4.5m with Forsberg's extension in February. But you can tell that even the 4.5m refer only to the "basic salary".

The usual, not outright lying but not telling the whole truth either.

As Spiegel doesn't write "up to 2m additional payments" but only "additional payments", they're probably more or less certain, category "if the player plays more than 10 games" or something.

Rangnick and that journalist are on Wontorra's talk on Sky tomorrow. Gonna be interesting.

But seeing the 100m exit clause for an 18 y/o CB you can imagine what they'll demand for Werner.

True...

Not saying that Rangnick is not an expert btw - but he only is if he's got little to none financial restraints...

Not really surprised they're ambitious... Been saying that for ages... Just think it's absolutely hilarious how some people suddenly become "fans" and in the exact same instant call Bayern fans plastic or "Erfolgsfans"... Guess double standards are just something you gotta live with these days...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Unearthing the likes of Forsberg, Upamecano, Keita from obscure Swedish and French 2nd division teams has nothing to do with having little to no financial restraints. Or bringing Kimmich first from a Swabian village to Stuttgart and then from Stuttgart to Leipzig. Or rescuing Augustin from PSG bench. If you can bring in that (usual) front four of Forsberg, Werner, Sabitzer, Poulson for 17m altogether, that's simply excellent scouting. Finding the right coach to match, too. Rangnick is simply the best squad planner in the league, and not only since he joined Leipzig.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:45 pm

Well, he's not scouting himself is he?

Maybe he is - I'm not that sure as he doesn't have to deal with the issues "normal" clubs have... At 150m for Dembélé, Dortmund cannot (afford to) reject the offer - Rangnick can

So his long term plans are never sabotaged...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:51 pm

He's not scouting himself, but built that network to a great extent and it's him in the end to who decides which players to bring in. With all due credit to Zorc, who is also one of the best, but there's been much light and shadow in Dortmund lately. I doubt that Rangnick would've bought Rode for 15m and Schürrle for 30m or something.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:53 pm

All true - but still there were difficulties Rangnick barely ever had to face... And when he did, he left (Hoffenheim)

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:58 pm

I for one, hope Leipzig manages to keep their players long term and actually consolidate. That's the problem for every German team not called Bayern. They are always in constant rebuild mode.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany