You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

RasenBallsport Leipzig

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: RasenBallsport Leipzig

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:51 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:My thoughts: in my opinion, pumping money (be it from oil, Chinese enterprises or from selling almost literal piss) is perfectly fine as long as they are serious about the football aspect. I do find Leipzig and Manchester City halfway tolerable because you can see that they are dead serious about being a superpower. PSG, Chelsea, Monaco and watch this: Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim (people seem to be forgetting them when they talk Leipzig) are not.

After all, money is literally the only way you can break through - Atletico and Simeone are the only outliers. Watch them fall as soon as Simeone leaves, and similarly I don't see Simeone achieving the same success level in clubs other than Atletico. This isn't the age of bullshit fairytale stories with passion and youth talents. Leicester? Gone after one season. Where the hell is Dortmund? Staler than leftover bread you would find sitting deep in your cupboard. Unless you would be happy with following the model of Porto and Schalke (profit off talents), you don't stop investing money or you go. Leipzig is now the second best team in Germany.

Kinda unfair. BVB will most likely be back to second this season or the next at the latest, few teams can survive 3 WC departures in a single window. Tottenham is also a success in that they've spent much less than United, Shitty or Chelski and yet they challenge. Nice are top of the table with 4 points on Monaco in France (:D). There is a way up the hierarchy even spending less, it's just harder.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:10 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:BVB will most likely be back to second this season or the next at the latest, few teams can survive 3 WC departures in a single window.

My harsh argument against that is they shouldn't have lost three massive players in the first place. Big club, right?

PunkCapitalist wrote:Tottenham is also a success in that they've spent much less than United, Shitty or Chelski and yet they challenge.

This is true, but they still spend a considerable amount every season and they have a super coach. What I'm saying is you can't just win through fairytale work anymore.

PunkCapitalist wrote:Nice are top of the table with 4 points on Monaco in France (:D). There is a way up the hierarchy even spending less, it's just harder.

Well it's the French league. On another note it also kind of supports my claim that PSG weren't serious.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:20 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:BVB will most likely be back to second this season or the next at the latest, few teams can survive 3 WC departures in a single window.

My harsh argument against that is they shouldn't have lost three massive players in the first place. Big club, right?

PunkCapitalist wrote:Tottenham is also a success in that they've spent much less than United, Shitty or Chelski and yet they challenge.

This is true, but they still spend a considerable amount every season and they have a super coach. What I'm saying is you can't just win through fairytale work anymore.

PunkCapitalist wrote:Nice are top of the table with 4 points on Monaco in France (:D). There is a way up the hierarchy even spending less, it's just harder.

Well it's the French league. On another note it also kind of supports my claim that PSG weren't serious.

Well, you have to compare spending with their peers; no point in comparing Tottenham spending with Darmstadt.

You're right, BVB is not a top club, but they are still near the top and they should be doing better than what the table says. They had a horrible injury period, but they did get relatively major (maybe minor) stars in Schürrle, Götze and Guerreiro.

PSG are serious, they are just not that great hahaha. Nice winning their league would be a major achievement

Btw funny that you say Tottenham doesn't count cause they have a great coach. If you can't compete by having better coaches and ideas, then clearly spending more would be the only way.

PunkCapitalist

Postby Dumbledore7 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:31 pm

No I'm not saying Tottenham doesn't count :) I'm not sure how to put this: the past couple of posts above, people complain about RP Leipzig (and money in general), as if smaller clubs should only win the league by doing a Leicester. Well I think Leipzig is doing all the right things a rising club should do, and actually Tottenham is almost like a finished product of such a club. A coach that has a plan and a blooming talent pool, preceded by relatively thoughtful spending. We can't fault Leipzig for being serious about the Bundesliga.
Dumbledore7
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Indonesia

Postby PunkCapitalist » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:35 pm

Oh well, then I agree. I'm fine with Leipzig specially considering their project is pretty cool sporting wise. Shame I haven't been able to catch many of their games, my provider doesn't put them on.

PunkCapitalist

Postby JANCKER » Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:18 pm

Can RB Leipzig topple Bayern Munich? [source]

RealSport takes a look at Germany's most hated club, RB Leipzig. Who are they? Where have they come from? And can they topple Bayern?

They're stealing our choreo... :evil:

I just hope they aren't another Neverkusen, anything but that.
.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:59 am

30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby envagyokazapad » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:33 pm

Dumbledore7 wrote:Well it's the French league. On another note it also kind of supports my claim that PSG weren't serious.

To me what it supports is that Favre really is no joke, and is one of the best coaches in the world.

Just competing for the title (with their squad) in the same league with PSG and Monaco is an achievement imo.
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby envagyokazapad » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:37 pm

JANCKER wrote:I just hope they aren't another Neverkusen, anything but that.

This! Having a third club alongside Bayern and Dortmund would be really great. If anything I hope they'll be more like Atletico, always kind of an underdog, nothing shiny but getting the job done. Financial backing shouldn't be a problem tbh...
envagyokazapad
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JANCKER » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:50 pm

.........................................Image.........................................
JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:59 pm

Haha sometimes Kalle can be a real AssHole x'D

PunkCapitalist

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:02 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:

Kalle?
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:08 pm

sherpthederp wrote:
PunkCapitalist wrote:

Kalle?

Oh sh!t, I thought I read Rummenigge...

PunkCapitalist

Postby sherpthederp » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:11 pm

PunkCapitalist wrote:Oh sh!t, I thought I read Rummenigge...

It wouldn't be hard to believe coming from either of them lol.
sherpthederp
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANCKER » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:22 pm

Hasenhüttl: "I can not remember that I spent a lot of time on the couch during the week."

JANCKER

National Flag:
Basque Country

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany