You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

General German football thread

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: General German football thread

Postby America USA » Fri May 26, 2017 7:05 pm

^ I like to describe myself as a left leaning centrist. I'm very conservative on certain social issues and I think the left have got it all wrong when it comes to dealing with (Islamic) terrorism. However overall on economics, education, separation of the church and the state, racism/affirmative action, environmental and other issues like Healthcare and the like I'm pretty left leaning. Also I don't support invading other countries and trying to fix other countries problems both the left and right in USA are guilty on this issue. AND I despise the so call president! Also I Don't like the corporation worshipping Republicans or the Bible thumping Evangelicals. Also hate people like Scalia who use their position to perpetuate racism.

Overall I'd describe myself as 75% Leftist and 25% Conservative.

EDIT: But I'm also open to new ideas as when I stated above
America USA wrote:I could be wrong though let's see what happens.

Relax Guys :D
Last edited by America USA on Fri May 26, 2017 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby Roonzil » Fri May 26, 2017 7:10 pm

America USA wrote:I don't think female referees can do it. Personally not in favor of this move. Females should officiate Women's games. When Big male players get in her face asking for cards, penalties and call her out on wrong calls it'd look very ugly and the woman could have a meltdown.

I could be wrong though let's see what happens. Though I'm personally not a big fan of this decision.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAJAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA! F*ck off.

A meltdown.

Get your sexism out of here plz.
If anyone it's men who constantly get meltdowns in football, thank you very much.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
She’s beauty, she’s grace, if u tell her she only watches football for the attractive players she’ll punch u in the face.

Total ho for Thiago :P
Roonzil
I post all the time

Years of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby tflags » Fri May 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Roonzil wrote:F*ck off.

Get your sexism out of here plz.
If anyone it's men who constantly get meltdowns in football, thank you very much.

I think you deserve to be upset, but the guy already admitted he's not 100% sure on it. Give him a break if you don't mind. I personally think character (and not sex) is what determines a good authority in any field. I've seen they (women referees) manage themselves quite well on the sidelines on the EPL. Might be a little more objective than men too. :P
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby America USA » Fri May 26, 2017 8:48 pm

I've seen lineswomen in a few games and they have got almost all calls right. I'd love to see more lineswomen if it means getting all offside decisions correct. Plus they also happen to be easy on the eyes 8)

But I think being the first referee in the middle of the park is a totally different beast and would be too overwhelming for a female. I just don't think it's gonna work. Anyway let's see how it plays out in the future. :-k
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nm462272 » Fri May 26, 2017 8:51 pm

America USA wrote:Plus they also happen to be easy on the eyes 8)

America USA wrote:would be too overwhelming for a female. I just don't think it's gonna work.

dude...
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RedQueen » Fri May 26, 2017 8:55 pm

America USA wrote:I've seen lineswomen in a few games and they have got almost all calls right. I'd love to see more lineswomen if it means getting all offside decisions correct. Plus they also happen to be easy on the eyes 8)

But I think being the first referee in the middle of the park is a totally different beast and would be too overwhelming for a female. I just don't think it's gonna work. Anyway let's see how it plays out in the future. :-k

Just explain to me please why this wasn't a problem in the 2nd division (the DFB grades all referees at the end of the season and she reportedly finished first in the last two seasons) but will suddenly turn into a problem in the first division (where I'd expect players to be more and not less professional).
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Fri May 26, 2017 9:01 pm

nm462272 wrote:
America USA wrote:Plus they also happen to be easy on the eyes 8)

Come on man I'm a guy! :mrgreen:

nm462272 wrote:
America USA wrote:would be too overwhelming for a female. I just don't think it's gonna work.

Dude imagine a female Kassai it would make for savage viewing! Imagine a cunt like Diego Costa trying to bully a female ref, or Imagine Ramos calling a female ref "b!tch", that'd be ugly to watch.

But I'm willing to see how this works. Hopefully this female ref gets the Dortmund vs Bayern Klassiker at Dortmund. The crowd over there can really get rough on the ref. If she can manage herself in a high pressure game like that and get 9/10 decisions right, without getting bullied by Sokratis or Vidal, then I'm willing to give this a shot.

EDIT: @RedQueen - Read what I wrote in this post. Also I don't watch the second division so can't really comment on that. And I'm willing to see how this plays out but my gut feeling is this is not gonna end well.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nm462272 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:09 pm

okay you're always going to have sexist people out there (that is pretty clear)... you deal with that as it comes up. A player makes a sexist/derogitory mark to a female referee? suspend them. same if a player makes a racist/homophobic/etc. remark... same thing.

also, to redqueens point, 1st division is the most professional... the vast majority of the players know how to handle themselves... aka, they know they have a lot to lose if they go crazy on the field.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby RedQueen » Fri May 26, 2017 9:12 pm

There was an incident with Demirbay when he played for Fortuna Düsseldorf in the 2nd division. She sent him off with a red card and he grumbled something about "“women have no place in men's football”. The DFB suspended him for five games and in addition his club made him referee a girl's football match. He apologized later, saying that his uttering wasn't in line with his viewpoint of women.
Last edited by RedQueen on Fri May 26, 2017 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Fri May 26, 2017 9:15 pm

If there happens to be a female Kassai someday in the future I can't imagine the amount of abuse that'll be hurled at her! From allegations of sleeping with players and being called a wh0re and what not. That's not gonna be good to watch. But it seems that lineswomen get more offside calls right than those dumb linesmen anyway (Ronaldo's offside goals :evil:) so I don't think there'll be a female Kassai if she can get the crucial decisions correct.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby America USA » Fri May 26, 2017 9:17 pm

RedQueen wrote:There was an incident with Demirbay when he played for Fortuna Düsseldorf in the 2nd division. She sent him off with a red card and he grumbled something about "“women have no place in men's football”. The DFB suspended him for five games and in addition his club made him referee a girl's football match.

Lmao :biggrin: =D> :lol:
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Fri May 26, 2017 9:24 pm

And probably everyone here remembers Pep's little encounter with Steinhaus?
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Fri May 26, 2017 9:34 pm

I don't think it's a mental thing... I have my doubts about her always being on top of the game, because, let's face it, women DO have some physical disadvantages compared to men... But since it worked in 2. Bundesliga, we'll see...

@MUTU: second game is Monday night...
Someone, fire that Italian **** already! I don't care who, I don't care how much it costs or who'll be the next coach - just make sure he's gone and he stays gone!!!
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Germany

Postby America USA » Fri May 26, 2017 9:37 pm

RedQueen wrote:And probably everyone here remembers Pep's little encounter with Steinhaus?

Another thing that slightly worries me. If a player snaps in the heat of the moment or even has a slight physical contact with the ref that is deemed "inappropriate", then the player could be charged with sexual misconduct or something along those lines.
America USA
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby RedQueen » Fri May 26, 2017 9:45 pm

America USA wrote:Another thing that slightly worries me. If a player snaps in the heat of the moment or even has a slight physical contact with the ref that is deemed "inappropriate", then the player could be charged with sexual misconduct or something along those lines.

Not unprecedented either.
Players aren't supposed to make physical contact with the ref, no matter whether the ref is male or female. If they do, they have to face the consequences. But charges with sexual misconduct won't occur for accidental contact or contact that has nothing to do with sexual misconduct. This is Germany we're talking about, not the US.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany