You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.
 

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:42 pm

bbenno wrote:Is that including or excluding international rights?

I included all rights and divided it by number of clubs in the league. Of course I may have made a mistake.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31598
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5580 times
Been thanked: 8313 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:49 pm

It's a promising deal. I think MUTU's calculations may be slightly off because the Bundesliga revenue is more fairly spread than in La Liga (unless that changed?), but taking those numbers, 20m more than Spanish clubs (our biggest competitors) is very good. I'm not talking about Barca and Real, of course, but the gap in revenue should help Bundesliga clubs regain dominance in the Europa League.

The EPL deal is still almost twice as much. That is already problematic and will only get worse by 2021. More than ever over these next 5 years Germany must market itself brilliantly. We need consistent good results in the EL, 1 or 2 CL titles (hopefully Bayern's), close Der Klassikers, and sadly Bayern to lose a few leagues and cups, if the deal is to get anywhere close to the EPL's.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
User avatar
FCBayernMunchen
Moderator
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31378
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:54 pm
Location: Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 8837 times
Been thanked: 7442 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:51 pm

ottackon wrote:Can you give us a ballpark figure of the amount that Bayern will earn please?


If the distribution model stays the same as now and we get 85% more from domestic pot...than it should be around 105 mil / season...domestic + international.

But I have a feeling that the distribution model will change a bit now that we got a new deal...and international TV money is rising year after year so we can look at 120mil€/season in some 3 years time.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
User avatar
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4683
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 541 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby bbenno » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:57 pm

Also the new La Liga deal should be worth 1,5 billion incl int. rights,

http://www.dw.com/en/la-liga-announces- ... a-18889958[source=][/source]

so we still has a little catcing up to do in that regard. However, im confident that will happen over the next 3-5 years.


Hopefully we will start cementing our position as the undisputed nr. 2 of football leagues (2nd, after La Liga sportswise, 2nd after BPL in economic terms).
User avatar
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:52 pm
National Flag:
Denmark
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 130 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby bbenno » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:02 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:It's a promising deal. I think MUTU's calculations may be slightly off because the Bundesliga revenue is more fairly spread than in La Liga (unless that changed?), but taking those numbers, 20m more than Spanish clubs (our biggest competitors) is very good. I'm not talking about Barca and Real, of course, but the gap in revenue should help Bundesliga clubs regain dominance in the Europa League.

The EPL deal is still almost twice as much. That is already problematic and will only get worse by 2021. More than ever over these next 5 years Germany must market itself brilliantly. We need consistent good results in the EL, 1 or 2 CL titles (hopefully Bayern's), close Der Klassikers, and sadly Bayern to lose a few leagues and cups, if the deal is to get anywhere close to the EPL's.


I would happily sell the next 2-3 BuLi titles + DFB Pokals for better marketing of the leauge and more importantly a CL trophy! As long as we finish in top three every year :mrgreen:
Let BVB and Leverkusen have a little, we also got bigger fish to fry :twisted: (or how does the saying go?)
User avatar
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:52 pm
National Flag:
Denmark
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 130 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:02 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think MUTU's calculations may be slightly off because the Bundesliga revenue is more fairly spread than in La Liga (unless that changed?)

:crazy:
We're talking averages mate. It doesn't matter how fairly spread out they are, the average will still be exactly the same.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31598
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5580 times
Been thanked: 8313 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby ottackon » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:04 pm

Image
User avatar
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6130
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Casablanca
National Flag:
Morocco
Has thanked: 1830 times
Been thanked: 3188 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:09 pm

bbenno wrote:Also the new La Liga deal should be worth 1,5 billion incl int. rights,

http://www.dw.com/en/la-liga-announces- ... a-18889958[source=][/source]

so we still has a little catcing up to do in that regard. However, im confident that will happen over the next 3-5 years.


Hopefully we will start cementing our position as the undisputed nr. 2 of football leagues (2nd, after La Liga sportswise, 2nd after BPL in economic terms).

OK I had made some miscalculations.

EPL gets €2.18bn per season from domestic rights
Spain gets €883m per season just from domestic rights
Italy gets €940m per season just from domestic rights
Germany will get €1.16bn per season just from domestic rights, but it won't be just for the Bundesliga but 2. Bundesliga as well!

"I am happy with the sum," said Seifert, adding that the figure was likely to exceed 1.5 billion euros in the final season once international rights and proceeds from two as yet unsold packages were included.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31598
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5580 times
Been thanked: 8313 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby ottackon » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:11 pm

Image
User avatar
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6130
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Casablanca
National Flag:
Morocco
Has thanked: 1830 times
Been thanked: 3188 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby ottackon » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:14 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think MUTU's calculations may be slightly off because the Bundesliga revenue is more fairly spread than in La Liga (unless that changed?)

:crazy:
We're talking averages mate. It doesn't matter how fairly spread out they are, the average will still be exactly the same.

The median is more appropriate than the average in this case.
Image
User avatar
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 6130
Joined: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:05 am
Location: Casablanca
National Flag:
Morocco
Has thanked: 1830 times
Been thanked: 3188 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:20 pm

ottackon wrote:
MUTU wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:I think MUTU's calculations may be slightly off because the Bundesliga revenue is more fairly spread than in La Liga (unless that changed?)

:crazy:
We're talking averages mate. It doesn't matter how fairly spread out they are, the average will still be exactly the same.

The median is more appropriate than the average in this case.

Why? The median would be comparing the income of the 9th placed Bundesliga club with the 10th placed La Liga club.
The average is the sum divided by the number of teams.

Because of the way La Liga prize money is distributed, Barcelona and Real Madrid will continue raking in more TV money than Bayern, but the average Bundesliga club will be richer than the average La Liga club.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31598
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5580 times
Been thanked: 8313 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby bbenno » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:24 pm

So what does the following mean?

""I am happy with the sum," said Seifert, adding that the figure was likely to exceed 1.5 billion euros in the final season once international rights and proceeds from two as yet unsold packages were included."
[source=]http://www.reuters.com/article/soccer-germany-broadcasting-idUSL8N19134Z[/source]

It sounds pretty good, but have a hard time figuring out if he means it will top 1,5bn in the last year of the deal, or as soon as the last packages are negotiated?...
User avatar
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!
 
Years of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 309
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:52 pm
National Flag:
Denmark
Has thanked: 210 times
Been thanked: 130 times
Gender: Male

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:30 pm

Maybe it means that the sum is not spread out equally per year. That is in the first year maybe we will get less than a third of the total sum. Just my assumption.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
User avatar
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 31598
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:00 pm
Location: L-Imqabba, Malta
National Flag:
Malta
Has thanked: 5580 times
Been thanked: 8313 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:32 pm

bbenno wrote:So what does the following mean?

""I am happy with the sum," said Seifert, adding that the figure was likely to exceed 1.5 billion euros in the final season once international rights and proceeds from two as yet unsold packages were included."
[source=]http://www.reuters.com/article/soccer-germany-broadcasting-idUSL8N19134Z[/source]

It sounds pretty good, but have a hard time figuring out if he means it will top 1,5bn in the last year of the deal, or as soon as the last packages are negotiated?...


I think he means in the final year of that new deal...after the international rights get bigger in those next few years and after they sell the 2 remaining packages...I think those packages are probably for Web-TV and mobile content.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
User avatar
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4683
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 541 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:46 pm

Two more TV packages in the "highlights" category" have not been awarded yet as bids failed to meet expectations, said Christian Seifert, chief of the DFL or Deutsche Fussball Liga.

Some international broadcast rights, such as for the Chinese market, have also not yet been decided.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
User avatar
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner
 
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
 
Posts: 4683
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:22 pm
Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."
Has thanked: 116 times
Been thanked: 541 times
Gender: Male
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest