You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Bundesliga TV rights 2017-2021

Postby bbenno » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:38 am

Very big day today!
Hope for the best, fear the worst :roll:

Come on Seifert! Bring us over the top! >100% increase [-o<
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:14 pm

bbenno wrote:Very big day today!

What I'm reading is that we're expected to overtake La Liga and the Serie A.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:21 pm

MUTU wrote:

So we'd have the second best deal, right? That's great... can't expect to overtake the EPL.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:36 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
MUTU wrote:

So we'd have the second best deal, right? That's great... can't expect to overtake the EPL.

Yes I saw estimates saying that we will get between €1bn and €1.1bn per season. Italy has €940m while La Liga has €883m. England is unreachable at €2.3bn. However, the cool thing is that the money for the Bundesliga rights will be split up between 18; for Italy and Spain (and also England) it's 20. That means that on average a Spanish club will get €44m while a German club will get €56m to €61m which is considerably higher!
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:59 pm

DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
India

Postby bbenno » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:05 pm

Dissapointing...was expecting at least 100m more a year :x

But I guess that would require more "salami" method of match days...
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:09 pm

I think its a great deal if its true and if it is only for domestic rights.

I am looking through websites and there are no details on the deal...
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby bbenno » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:14 pm

It has to be domestic rights only.

Furthermore, perhaps its excluding the Eurosport package? [-o<
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby DRvad14 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:17 pm

85 percent growth: National Media revenues up to a total of 4.64 billion euros for the seasons 2017/18 to 2020/21
More revenue Plus planned by international marketing
In pay-area to Sky ensures the Saturday conference, the live Bundesliga matches on Saturday and Sunday as well as the complete 2. Bundesliga; Euro Sport acquires among others live Bundesliga matches on Friday
Free-to-air primary exploitation of the Saturday and Sunday games remain in the ARD
About the distribution of the proceeds of the newly selected at the General Assembly in August league board decides in the coming season
The DFL German Football League won the tender for the national media rights record earnings and skips the first time the mark of an average of one billion euros per season. A total of four seasons from 2017/18 to 2020/21 in the amount of 4.64 billion euros at an average of 1.16 billion euros per season. This corresponds to a growth of around 85 percent over the current allocation period. Since the 2005/06 season, an increase of 287 percent was recorded. Another revenue Plus is to be expected in view of the international marketing. This generates the DFL in the next period is expected rights medial total revenues on average at least 1.4 billion euros per season.

A total of 17 rights packages offered

As part of an open, transparent and non-discriminatory tender, had been given for the Federal Cartel Office on 11 April 2016 the green light, the DFL had offered a total of 17 rights packages with games of Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga, the relegation and the Supercup. In pay-area Sky acquired the Saturday conference, the live Bundesliga matches on Saturday and Sunday as well as the complete 2. Bundesliga. Euro Sport secured a live package, which among other pay rights for Bundesliga matches on Friday night and the relegation and the Supercup are included.

The summaries of the Saturday and Sunday matches of the Bundesliga will continue to be seen in the ARD. ZDF comes in addition to the secondary use of the Saturday games even with live rights on free TV, among others for the Supercup and the Hinrunden- Return round opening match for the course. For the internet clip rights for the first time received the Perform Group, which will start a streaming deal with sports content in brief, the contract while SPORT1 Sunday morning has the right to the Bundesliga games on Friday and Saturday in the second or third recovery to show.

So far were not awarded two packages: the Highlight Summaries of 2. Bundesliga on free TV on Friday and Sunday and a package to downstream free TV summary on Monday night all Bundesliga matches of the just ended Gameday. About the use of these packages will be decided at a later date, because the previous bids failed to meet the expectations of the DFL. The award of a so-called OTT ( "Over the top" ") - packet in the sense of a single acquisition ban with only one buyer for predefined Live packages could have come into play, did not take place.

The audio rights were awarded

"The tender result is an important step with a view to the future viability of Germany's top football. The league now has the best conditions, continue to be among the three top-selling football leagues in the world and thus to present sport at the highest level. At the same time, the amounts invested are . great leap of faith to the it is for the clubs in the coming years to meet, "said DFL CEO Christian Seifert:" for the audience, this means the future too, will be seen in established transmission windows German Topfußball - and that both proven as even with new media partners. "

"The final is good news for the German professional football. Significant economic foundations for a further positive development are thus laid for the coming years. The distribution of the proceeds will be decided in the coming season. The reigning Liga Board agrees that, initially at in August await upcoming election of the Board of the General Assembly and then to tackle these by no means an easy task. Despite all the differences of interest should be the common concern of all clubs, to achieve an amicable solution as possible, "said League President Dr. Reinhard Rauball.

were also awarded the audio rights for the territory of the Federal Republic of Germany. Here the German prevailed in the category "FM" and Amazon in the category "Web / Mobile". Amazon enters thus for the first time on rights-owner of a major soccer league.
as translated
DRvad14
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
India

Postby ottackon » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:19 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Some analytics expect that new TV deal for domestic market will be worth up to 70% more than it was from 2013-2017. Analytics predict a €3.6 billion to €4.4 billion bill for the four-season deal.

So, it seems that we're getting a very good deal !
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Rauntšik » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:22 pm

The Bundesliga is set to earn a record sum of 4.64 billion euros in a ground-breaking televeion rights deal which will come into affect from the 2017/18 season.
Between 2013/14 and 2016/17, the Bundesliga earned 2.51 billion euros in television rights, seeing a rise of 85 percent in the new blockbuster deal.

- that's pretty good imo
"Normally Monsieur Candie, I would say "auf wiedersehen". But since what "auf wiedersehen" actually means is, till I see you again, and since I never wish to see you again to you sir, I say, goodbye."
Rauntšik
I post all the time

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby sch0ll7 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:27 pm

Yeah we really got a great deal...I mean it is 85% increase and that is more than great. Plus international TV rights will just continue to rise.

"The distribution of the proceeds will be decided in the coming season..." lets wait and see if they change anything and we get a little bigger piece than we get now. And I wouldnt mind 2.BL getting less than those 20% they are getting now.
Starin` at the world through my rearview
sch0ll7
Moderator & EURO 2012 Prediction Game Winner

Location: "I'm a Bayern Munich player and I've no intention of joining that club. I'm fine thanks."

Postby MUTU » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:30 pm

€4.64bn!!!!!!

That's better than the estimates! :lol:
The average Bundesliga club will receive €64m whilst the average La Liga club will receive €44m and the average Serie A club will receive €47m.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby ottackon » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:37 pm

sch0ll7 wrote:Yeah we really got a great deal...I mean it is 85% increase and that is more than great. Plus international TV rights will just continue to rise.

"The distribution of the proceeds will be decided in the coming season..." lets wait and see if they change anything and we get a little bigger piece than we get now. And I wouldnt mind 2.BL getting less than those 20% they are getting now.

Can you give us a ballpark figure of the amount that Bayern will earn please?
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby bbenno » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:41 pm

Is that including or excluding international rights?
bbenno
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany