You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Mönchengladbach

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Mönchengladbach

Postby Bazi » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:44 pm

Bild claims that Barcelona is targeting Mark André Ter Stegen once again...
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Bazi wrote:Bild claims that Barcelona is targeting Mark André Ter Stegen once again...

Makes sense, but I hope he stays in the BL.
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby MoFattal » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:12 pm

With Valdez staying for another year, I don't see this move happening now.
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Firefox1234 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:33 pm

MoFattal wrote:With Valdez staying for another year, I don't see this move happening now.

Same im sure its just preliminary talks nothing concrete....
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Bazi » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:43 pm

Even though the dfb cup blunder was embarrassing the team displayed a very good performance. The Rafael+Kruse combination up-front is very promising and suits to Favre's stile of play.

I think they are going to give the competition a tough challenge for the international spots, possibly even the 4th place and therefore the CL qualification.

One of the very few teams I'm really eager to see this season aside from the established big boys.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ruht » Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:23 am

^ Agreed. I quite like the way they play and I think they will give Leverkusen and Schalke a good run for their money for those CL spots.
Ruht
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United Kingdom

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:52 am

Does anyone else think this is the most interesting team in Germany at the moment? They could well become the next Dortmund.
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:23 am

Few days ago some people said to me they would rather see Gladbach and Wolfsburg in CL places than Leverkusen. The both clubs are in great momentum and currently they look in much better situation than Schalke.

Gladbach is an interesting club with guys such as Kruse, Herrmann, Hrgota, Arango and Xhaka, but the rest is not that valuable as the offensive part of the team.

I'd prefer more Wolfsburg on the place no. 4 at the end of the season because they have better financial potential unlike Gladbach although they spent 30 mil. € in summer 2012 but later it has been shown as not good enough to qualify in the group stage. Wolfsburg or should I say VW have a potential to bring players like they did it with Luiz Gustavo this summer.
Thereby, I consider VW a little bit more promising team(with all due respect to Gladbach) though there's a lack of international experience and cosistency.
We'll see after next spring where are they gonna be.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:41 am

I agree that Gladbach's biggest concern is money. I admit I have a soft spot for them because I like it when club's with a great history become successful again.

With smart management, Gladbach can make it though. Dortmund didn't have the money either. Gladbach have a fantastic coach, and a decent enough lineup. They seem to have some really good scouts too.

What interests me about this team, and what makes me think they can make it, is that they were already good 2 years ago. As often happens when there is a good team in the Bundesliga, their world class players, Reus and Dante, were sold. But they are back, and that shows they're doing something good.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:56 am

Absolutely. I consider Favre as a very good coach. In 2010-11 he saved Gladbach from relegation, next season place the club right in the top 3, trust onto ter Stegen who later has become an awesome GK. But Dante and specially Reus departure were big losses to the team.

If they produce another 1-2 talents in next season, they can count on something in future. Their school is not so bad and I think they should rely more on it like they did in the past. Then you add a good business on the transfer market, you can hope to something. At least the minimum should be euro cups every season, combat with the competition for the 4th place or right next to it on the 5th.

I think their weak points are lack of creativity in the midfield, one strong and quality CDM. Still, Gladbach should consider to strenghten the last line as well. Quality is not bad, but for international level side backs and at least one CB should be changed.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:07 pm

FCB general wrote:ter Stegen

Another problem is if he does indeed go to Barcelona (or anywhere else). A good GK is sometimes the difference between success and failure. For a top team, it could be possible to succeed with an average GK, but for an upcoming team, a world-class GK can make an incredible difference. In Ter Stegen they have someone who is perhaps a bit inconsistent till now, but who has potential to be one of the world's best. For some reason I always imagined him to be the one to replace Weidenfeller in the future. We will see whether Gladbach can hold onto him for a bit more.
FCBayernMunchen

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:12 pm

A team with huge prospects, definitely. And its not like they dont have any money, they spent like 20-25 millions before 12/13 season if I remember correctly. So they are not afraid of making risks and thats nice. If they qualify to CL which would be huge for them I think they might make the next step and become a very strong Bundesliga team. Well, they are one now but you know what I mean. :P

Wolfsburg have the money but need to start spending it more wisely.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCB general » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:19 pm

True talk my friend. We have shown in peroid between 2008-2011 how we managed to survive without a top GK. The oher pair of shoes were results under Klinsmann and the second season under van Gaal reign. We were still on the top, also played CL final in 2010. GK was Butt, a one man full of football experience. He did well every time we used him.

But in Gladbach case like you said, this gonna certainly have a huge impact on the team and the results.

I'm almost 100% sure that ter Stegen will move to Camp Nou in near future. But if not in summer 2014, then it's gonna happen in the year after. What after that departure... Big problems in my opinion. Will they looking for Trapp, Adler and the rest of the BuLi GKs, maybe. What chance do they have to sign some of them? Small chances if look at the present perspective.

Borusse wrote:Wolfsburg have the money but need to start spending it more wisely.

That's why they fired Uli's brother and Magath, brought Klaus Allofs in the first place and Dieter Hecking to clean this entire dump what mostly Magath made. :D

Last season Allofs made an amazing job in only 2-3 months after he came. The same thing happened when Hecking came.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby AdepT » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:23 pm

They should qualify for CL this season but the problem for them would be to sustain it.
Last time they made it to CL, Reus/Dante/Neustadter left and they couldn't even get past the Qualifying round. Europa had a severe effect.

I hope this time no one would leave. 2-3 years continuous CL and they'd be pretty fine.

Also, Luuk de Jong isn't performing well, is he? There are rumours of Newcastle interested in him.
Last edited by AdepT on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India

Postby FCB general » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:42 pm

AdepT wrote:Also, Luuk de Jong isn't performing well, is he? There are rumours of Newcastle interested in him.

Yeah and they should cash him as more as possible. English like to overpay, so they can hope to get around 8 mil. €.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany