You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Aubameyang, Pulisic, Weigl, Goetze, Guerreiro, Reus, Kagawa, Dahoud, Yarmolenko... just to name a few.
Even If they lose many of those players they will make big profit and will have money to spend big in summer

If you think Dortmund will collapse and go back to mediocrity then tell me which clubs could potentially overtake them. I want names !! :P

Because regardless of how bad they're being managed, no other BL team (bar Bayern and RB) seems to be doing much better. That's my point

Even if Dortmund fail this year in BL, which is yet to be seen, I can't think of any other BL team that would be able to perform well for at least 2 consecutive years

Most of the teams will do a good BL season and then they will struggle having to play BL and CL/EL. It happens all the time

PunkCapitalist wrote:Honestly, it's pretty normal for growing teams to do bad at the CL for a couple of seasons. Klopp's BVB was also bad at the CL before 13.

True, and that's why I'm keeping them in Bayern and Dortmund's group. Apart from them no other team is even close in terms of good players or even transfer budget to Bayern, Dortmund and RB
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby aterford » Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:44 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Aubameyang, Pulisic, Weigl, Goetze, Guerreiro, Reus, Kagawa, Dahoud, Yarmolenko... just to name a few.
Even If they lose many of those players they will make big profit and will have money to spend big in summer

This is what I'm saying though. Auba is as good as gone. Weigl and Pulisic look soon to follow. We should be able to admit by now that Reus is never going to be back to top form again. Dahoud has been ineffective so far and Yarmolenko has been a flop. Kagawa looks to be past his prime. So....Guerreiro? Sure, he's good. I agree that they'll stand to make big money if they lose some or most of them...that's clear. But you should know by now that that doesn't mean anything. Dortmund have shown time and time again they're content to sit on their sales profits and pat themselves on the back at their annual meeting. With Watzke at the helm they're simply not going to spend that sort of money. €25m on Yarmolenko was this summer's "spend big" after getting rich off of Dembele. And with Mislintat gone I think we should consider that the same pipeline might be drying up. As I said earlier, their transfers have already been much less effective than we've come to expect lately. Will this all happen this year, next year? Maybe not. But the "sign young talents, develop, sell for big money and reinvest 1/10th of it into new transfers" model is simply no longer sustainable.

So like I said: it's not so much a matter of other teams 'overtaking' BvB, but rather that BvB have worked themselves into an unsustainable model of business and we're now seeing that the layers are being peeled back, pieces are being chipped away, holes are starting to show. It won't happen overnight. But BvB need to act fast if they don't want to see their position start slipping more rapidly.

Of course RBL is the most immediate contender. Their squad is arguably just as good as Dortmund's and they're absolutely better managed. From the top down - at every level - RBL's management has been much, much more efficient than Dortmund's in recent years. And while it's true they've only got "one good BL season" to go on so far, we can look back at RBL's management, development, their project for the past few years - it's clear they've got a much clearer vision than BvB and are actually taking steps to continue to implement it. BvB simply cannot say the same. So what happens when your pipeline for young talents dries up (Mislintat)? What happens when your top players start to leave? Since losing the CL final in '13 Dortmund have continually been shooting themselves in the foot. Teams like Schalke, Leverkusen, Hoffenheim, Gladbach, Hertha, etc all can continue to be mediocre - but that doesn't mean we won't see them move ahead of BvB in the table in the near future.

Again: I don't think this happens overnight. I don't think it happens next year, or maybe even the year after that. But BvB is clearly slipping, and as of yet they've pretty much done nothing to stop the slide downward.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:01 pm

Yes, I think we both share the same opinion regarding Dortmund

My point is that the lack of ambition from most of the BL teams will make it difficult for Dortmund to fade away.

Just take Dortmund out of the equation. Besides Bayern and RB, which 2 teams could potentially be Top 4 every year. Schalke? Leverkusen? Gladbach? Wolfsburg? Hoffenheim?

I'm disappointed with most of those teams. When BL recovered the 4th CL spot in 2011 it seemed to be the beginning of a new era for German clubs. They would be getting more money and could attract better players. But that period lasted for 3 years and has been going downhill since then. This year even Dortmund has been a laughing stock in Europe
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby FCB12Forever » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:32 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Aubameyang, Pulisic, Weigl, Goetze, Guerreiro, Reus, Kagawa, Dahoud, Yarmolenko... just to name a few.

Without Mislintat they will spend big on a couple of Immobile's . After 3 - 4 immobiles their deposit account will be drained and they will be doomed. And their location is also a liability: no big international cities (which Munchen barely qualifies), lack of "entertainment" -you know what I mean ;) - , declining economy etc...

Yes, many ppl rated RBL as one of the best project in Europe (despite their business model), but they also have the same problem. That's why our bosses only rated Hertha , Hamburg and Frankfurt. Uli said, the only way BL can be strong is with strong Hertha, Frankfurt and Hamburg.

Imo "lack of ambition " is built on "lack of $$". Financial instability has haunted most of the BL teams. Players also have concerns about it. It is not wise to join a team who will be bankrupt if they fry 20m on a player who eventually flops.

On an interview I saw on Bundesliga Fanatic, the Hertha manager said they are simply waiting for the fall of the 501 Regel. He said Frankfurt are, too.
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby aterford » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:55 pm

Yup ^. IMO 50+1 falling will help the teams mentioned and will further damage Dortmund's position. There's a reason they're one of the few teams who have been so outspoken in favor of it...
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby IsiahRashad » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:26 pm

Dortmund considering shock move for Premier League boss [source]
Image Image
IsiahRashad
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Bulgaria

Postby RedQueen » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:16 pm

Borussia Dortmund and its descent into mediocrity | Sportskeeda

Not a publication that has stood out for me when it comes to German football, but this article is spot on imo.

E: More on what's going wrong in Dortmund:

Crisis in Dortmund: The Final Days of Peter Bosz? | Bundesligafanatic
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:39 pm

Seems like Schalke is not up to the challenge yet :lol:
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:25 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Seems like Schalke is not up to the challenge yet
Spoke a bit too soon.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:27 pm

Sahin to commit a terror attack...
As from Tue BVB will have a new coach and that is not good for us

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby MUTU » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:09 pm

I opened Bosz's Wikipedia article and it said he is currently coaching Borussia Dortmund. Can anyone please confirm whether or not that is true? :coffee:
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby RedQueen » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:14 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Remains in office for now.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby MaCk0y » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:08 pm

Keep him until the Pokal match then they can do whatever they want.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:40 pm

Apparently the only reason he hasn't got the sack is they have no alternatives. Good luck in Leverkusen then next weekend, a coach who is only coach because they can't find a replacement, and Aubameyang suspended.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:06 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!

Mario Götze will miss the rest of the year with a partial ligament tear in his ankle. This guy can't catch a break.

Stock exchange price in free fall, yet Watzke tells the shareholder assembly that "the club is worth a billion" :roll:
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany