You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby tflags » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:53 pm

Bürki, dude, seriously?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:47 pm

Always said it. Bürki ist dh!t. Never understood why they got him instead of some Leno, Horn, or someone else. There are and there were tons of better keepers around.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
PunkCapitalist
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby aterford » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:59 pm

RedQueen wrote:The last thing I need is Tedesco and his destructive brand of football in the CL. Don't know how often you've seen them play.

I'm not sure the current situation will force Dortmund to the next step. It could also lead into a downward spiral. Wouldn't be the first time this happens to a club.

I think this is the case. They're in a bad way right now. The firing of Tuchel has backfired spectacularly. Aubameyang is as good as gone, and IMO Pulisic and Weigl are soon to follow. There's no real direction in their transfers/squad planning at the moment (Which, to be fair, was affected by the Tuchel sacking - IIRC guys like Dahoud and Toprak were Tuchel players). Philipp and Zagadou have been good for them, but also guys like Dahoud, Toprak, Yarmolenko....I am not sure if it's a reluctance to spend, a lack of direction, or what. It seems like they're either a.) hoping to just find "bargain" experienced players like Yarmo and Toprak or b.) sign any young talent, regardless of how well they fit the squad/plan. If I were a BvB fan, i'd be concerned if it's too late to reverse what's happened now. I have a feeling the damage has already done. Feels to me like for the next few years BvB might be more of a B04 or Gladbach level team.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:12 pm

"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:36 pm

This is actually quite interesting, because the lack of a midfield and using the lateral areas to conduct the ball were some of the major problems in Klopp's last season, and one of the first things Tuchel fixed.

PunkCapitalist

Introduction

Postby tflags » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:23 pm

In case you missed Friday's game; this was the scene where AirBnB newcomers Burki and Bartra flip-flopped their way into the first goal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby tflags » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:28 pm

Enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby RedQueen » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Sven Mislintat is off to Arsenal for 2m. Will leave Dortmund before the end of the year.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:53 pm

Man alive why are we not in for those kind of people?!?
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:57 pm

We were, but Dortmund wouldn't sell to Bayern (and I don't know whether he wanted to come).
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:09 pm

Dortmund ist dead.

PunkCapitalist

Postby #12 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:41 pm

RedQueen wrote:We were, but Dortmund wouldn't sell to Bayern (and I don't know whether he wanted to come).

Thought that was just a rumor... Ok then...
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:56 pm

IIRC he's turned us down a couple of times in the past.

Dortmund really are going in a bad direction right now. Supposedly one the big reasons behind sacking Tuchel was that he was often in conflict with Mislintat. Now both are gone and Dortmund are clearly worse off for it. I have a feeling Watze and Zorc's pride won't allow them to get rid of Bosz before the season's over. I don't think they will do it as 1.) it'll effectively make them admit firing Tuchel was wrong; 2.) I don't think there are any terribly suitable replacements available; 3.) Bosz has a good relationship with Watzke and Zorc - in that way I think they view him as practically the opposite of Tuchel. I feel as though at the absolute worst he'll still make it until winter.

I'm pretty sure with the way things are going, BvB are probably going to be a mid-to-upper table side for the next 5 years or so. I don't see them seriously mounting a title challenge anytime soon.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:56 pm

Well, I think they still have better players than any other BL club except us and they could also cash in for some of their players to begin a new project

I wouldn't rule them out so quickly as no other BL team has ever been regular for two seasons in a row and apart from Leipzig I see no other threats for them at the moment
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Pelin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:50 pm

For a scout, working for Bayern is a lot harder than BVB. There he has more movement area. Also BVB's selling club status benefits. BVB is number 1 team when it comes to young talents in the world. it also helps. Bashing our scout's while ignoring Mislintat's advantages is harsh.

Firstly, Schalke needs to solve their debt problem, which really damaged them. same goes for their relationship with agents. so they must make CL. then they have more money to spend and with CL They can be more attractive for players.

in this case, BVB have to take the next level in their project, otherwise, competing with Rb Leipzig and Schalke won't be easy for them. considering both teams are more ambitious than BVB.
Pelin
I post all the time

Years of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany