You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Mani » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:29 am

Toljan is better than Piszczek. Piszczek is honestly past it, out of position, slow, makes weird mistakes regularly.
Mani
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby Borusse » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:37 am

Yeah I guess you might be right on this one. Piszczek is not having a great season and Toljan will probably take his place in the next year or two tops.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby endrity » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:17 pm

Piszczek has moments of true quality though, you still see it in his runs and combinations. He was also a very impressive athlete with a long stride to make up ground. I am not totally sure about Toljan, but I think he will be judged better when he plays on the right after Schmelzer and Guerreiro come back. He seems a good player, bought for a cheap price, but I don't think he can reach the heights that Piszczek did between 2011-13.
endrity
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FCB12Forever » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Lost to RBL without Werner.. at home. Sokratis sent off and will be suspended. What a plot twist..
FCB12Forever
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Postby tflags » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:31 pm

FCB12Forever wrote:Lost to RBL without Werner.. at home.

Leipzig had a number of players injured and yet they managed to go up three goals. Too many ups and downs from Dortmund this season.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Borussia Dortmund

Postby #12 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:30 pm

tflags wrote:
FCB12Forever wrote:Lost to RBL without Werner.. at home.

Leipzig had a number of players injured and yet they managed to go up three goals. Too many ups and downs from Dortmund this season.

They were only 2 up?!

Also, this was the first „down“ from Dortmund, and seeing that game kinda had me scared... Cause we don’t seem to be a match for the game these two are playing at the moment... They’re miles ahead of us so far... And we need to go to Leipzig... I believe in Jupp, but he’s no magician... It will be incredibly tough to NOT be eliminated from Pokal before Christmas for the first time in ages...
Last edited by #12 on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPPJUPP
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:04 pm

You're the incorrigible professional pessimist. Now that it turns out that it's not all that impossible to close a 5 points gap in October - it's down to 2 points already - it's both Dortmund and Leipzig you think are miles ahead.

Both Dortmund and Leipzig will drop more points. Bosz's game plan in my opinion is too simplistic for that to be successful all season. And Leipzig are still getting used to dancing on three weddings. The heavy rotation seems to work out better now, but I can't see them going through the next three weeks without shedding feathers. Unless we're hit by an injury catastrophe, they won't win both fixtures against Bayern, probably not even one.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby aterford » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:10 pm

RedQueen wrote:You're the incorrigible professional pessimist. Now that it turns out that it's not all that impossible to close a 5 points gap in October - it's down to 2 points already - it's both Dortmund and Leipzig you think are miles ahead.

Both Dortmund and Leipzig will drop more points. Bosz's game plan in my opinion is too simplistic for that to be successful all season. And Leipzig are still getting used to dancing on three weddings. The heavy rotation seems to work out better now, but I can't see them going through the next three weeks without shedding feathers. Unless we're hit by an injury catastrophe, they won't win both fixtures against Bayern, probably not even one.

I agree, and IMO Bosz has been found especially lacking against the "big" teams. Even though we're "down" it's safe to say we're still a "big" team. I'm not worried about them too much at all.
aterford
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby RedQueen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:15 pm

I'm not particularly worried about this season, either. I'm worried about the next years, if we don't get our management issues resolved until the next season, and if Uli keeps pushing through his "back to the roots" approach and taking the club backwards. Right now we're managed like a village club (and the irony is that the real village club Hoffe is managed much more professionally and modern than us). If we don't get that out of the way, then Leipzig will become a real problem in three to five years, maybe even earlier; with Dortmund it depends on whether or not they can recruit a top coach again.
Last edited by RedQueen on Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Now, here, you see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place. If you want to get somewhere else, you must run at least twice as fast as that!" - Red Queen, Alice - Through the Looking-Glass
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:16 pm

RedQueen wrote:You're the incorrigible professional pessimist. Now that it turns out that it's not all that impossible to close a 5 points gap in October - it's down to 2 points already - it's both Dortmund and Leipzig you think are miles ahead.

Erm... Have you seen us? We‘re shaky as shit... Don’t think I‘m the only one who believes that the game on Saturday was the best of this season...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby RedQueen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:25 pm

#12 wrote:

Erm... Have you seen us? We‘re shaky as shit... Don’t think I‘m the only one who believes that the game on Saturday was the best of this season...

Dortmund haven't won one game against a really good team under Bosz. And about Leipzig, Hasenhüttl attributed a great deal of the success to the international break, which enabled them to prepare specifically for that game. They won't have that luxury for the games against Bayern.
RedQueen
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby #12 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:03 pm

Gladbach? I mean yeah, they’re not European top 10 - but I think in here we always fail to see that so far WE only had three decent matches all season long...

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:17 pm

Youssoufa Moukoko: 19 goals in 9 games for Dortmund's U17. Is this guy really 12 years of age?

Youssoufa Moukoko, 12, sparks Dortmund U17 comeback vs. Schalke [source]
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby YlonenXabi » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:35 pm

Is he eligible for the NT? 8)
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Jorge » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:52 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:Is he eligible for the NT? 8)

What NT? Catalonia? I hope not :oops:

TM lists him having played 4 times for Germany U16 with 3 goals scored. Obviously based on FIFA rules he still can change to represent Cameroon later on.
Youssoufa Moukoko [source]
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany