You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund discussion thread

Postby Cryptic » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:35 am

Borusse wrote:Now we dominated the group of death and UEFA gives more money for winning a game, we got about 30(!) million euros just for the group stage. If we want, we can invest 20-30 million into transfers.

I dont think so. Borussia Dortmund has still large debts, so the club can not spend 30mio at the moment.
But if Dortmund will continue like the last two years they can do it soon. And if Götze leaves the BVB one day they have enough money for another big transfer. :wink:
Cryptic
Getting the hang of it

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MUTU » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:39 am

Borusse, you need to remember that it's not just the transfer value you need to look at: quite often, the costliest part of a transfer is the player's salary. Plus, you need to make sure that should something happen and you fail to qualify for next season's Champions League (unlikely but possible) you won't just have to go on a wild selling spree in Summer.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:08 pm

Cryptic wrote:
Borusse wrote:Now we dominated the group of death and UEFA gives more money for winning a game, we got about 30(!) million euros just for the group stage. If we want, we can invest 20-30 million into transfers.

I dont think so. Borussia Dortmund has still large debts, so the club can not spend 30mio at the moment.
But if Dortmund will continue like the last two years they can do it soon. And if Götze leaves the BVB one day they have enough money for another big transfer. :wink:

I dont like when someone gives their opinion knowing so little on the subject. :|

Watzke said numerous times the debt causes Dortmund no problems anymore, we already invested 17,5 + 5,5 + 3 = 26 millions last summer! And not because we sold Kagawa or Barrios, we wanted to keep them and still buy Reus, Schieber and Bittencourt to that. I think a lot of you were suprised when we bought Marco for 17,5 million euros just like that.

We have money, but it of course doesnt mean we will spend it. Watzke, Zorc and Klopp know very well what happened to the club ten years ago when we went on the shopping spree. And I agree with Mutu on the salary part, thats why Im quite sure we will not buy Dzeko as a replacement of Lewandowski because he probably has a ridiculously high salary at City and will not want to give it up.

Anyway, the money is not the problem anymore. Of course we are still very far from spending 40 million euros on one player ( :D ) but the management already noticed the lack of depth in the squad and Watzke said we can expect winter transfers... Well, we will just have to wait and see what happens. :wink:
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

National Flag:
Poland

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:27 pm

Hey, It could be great if you keep us updated with the latest Dortmund news (transfers, rumours...) in this thread. :D
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Borusse » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:36 pm

I will see what I can do. :)

From the latest news - Gotze and his agent confirmed Mario doesnt want to leave the club in the near future, he will play for us next season. :)
Subotic and Schmelzer will extend their contract to 2016 in the winter break, Perisic and Santana are close to leaving Dortmund. Possible replacements - Arnautovic/Herrmann and Kirchoff/Dragovic.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Borusse wrote:Gotze and his agent confirmed Mario doesnt want to leave the club in the near future, he will play for us next season.

Glad to hear that, because it's unrealistic that he moves to Bayern at the moment. It's good that he stays in the Bundesliga and help Dortmund continue their improvement in Europe.

Has Santana played in the CL? I wouldn't mind us loaning him until the end of the season or signing him as DVB's replacement, although I guess he wants to play regularly if he's leaving/
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Herrmann is that kind of fast player that could work very well in Dortmund like he did last season in Gladbach. On the other hand Arnautovic is not the kind of player that I like for Dortmund. He is a crazy guy and I'm not sure if Klopp likes this kind of player
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Borusse » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:56 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:
Borusse wrote:Gotze and his agent confirmed Mario doesnt want to leave the club in the near future, he will play for us next season.

Glad to hear that, because it's unrealistic that he moves to Bayern at the moment. It's good that he stays in the Bundesliga and help Dortmund continue their improvement in Europe.

Has Santana played in the CL? I wouldn't mind us loaning him until the end of the season or signing him as DVB's replacement, although I guess he wants to play regularly if he's leaving/

Santana's dream is to be the part of the team in WC 2014. He needs to play regularly to achieve this. I think he should move to a club like HSV or Werder.

YlonenXabi wrote:Herrmann is that kind of fast player that could work very well in Dortmund like he did last season in Gladbach. On the other hand Arnautovic is not the kind of player that I like for Dortmund. He is a crazy guy and I'm not sure if Klopp likes this kind of player

Yeah, Herrmann would be great for us. As for Arnautovic, Klopp once loaned Kevin Prince Boateng and managed him quite nicely so I think his character would not be a big problem. Although I must say, I like Werder and dont want Dortmund to take their players.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:06 pm

What about Lewandowski and Großskreutz those guys seem to have 2 years on there contract and no word has been had on negotiations?
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Borusse » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:15 pm

Lewandowski wants too much money (more than Gotze :shock: ) and thats why he will probably leave in the summer. I give it 90% chances.

I have no idea whats up with Grosskreutz. Havent heard about any contract talks.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Firefox1234 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:23 pm

Wow money is always a factor and i cant blame players for demanding high wages like many ppl cause they have a 8-10 year span if they are lucky to earn most of the money they will get in their lifetime, possibly with families to think about as they say "if you are good at something don't do it for free" .About Großskreutz apperently he has been saying how he wants to play in the EPL and Liverpool are the only team who i hear being linked with him consistently.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby The Spyware » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:50 pm

Weird that Presic is leaving I remember Klopp saying at the start of this season that Presic will be Dortmund's next rocket
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby YlonenXabi » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:15 pm

The Spyware wrote:Weird that Presic is leaving I remember Klopp saying at the start of this season that Presic will be Dortmund's next rocket

He complained about not getting enough playing time a few weeks ago and Klopp didn't liked that. Also I don't think his performances are being good enough this season
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

Postby Borusse » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Tomorrow wy play withouth Bender, Kehl and... Schmelzer. He has a nasty cold. :P Grosskreutz will probably play as a left back. I hope it will be enough, we desperately need 3 points!
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby meister » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:50 am

Borusse wrote:Tomorrow wy play withouth Bender, Kehl and... Schmelzer. He has a nasty cold. :P Grosskreutz will probably play as a left back. I hope it will be enough, we desperately need 3 points!

against who is dortmund going to play?
meister
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Chile

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany