You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund discussion thread

Postby YlonenXabi » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:24 pm

I think Weidenfeller did it pretty bad in that goal.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby quaazi » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:36 pm

He did, but it was 1v1 regardless.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby dambun » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:22 pm

Yeah... if Weidenfeller had not come out, it would probably not become a goal... He just made it too easy for CR7!

On the other hand, it's our post match analysis... it's just too difficult to judge correctly in that moment, especially against a quick player like Ronaldo

EDIT: But the good thing is that Dortmund won and Oezil had a brilliant assist... his pass to Ronaldo was absolutely perfect :D
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun
2010/11 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:41 am

dambun wrote:Yeah... if Weidenfeller had not come out, it would probably not become a goal... He just made it too easy for CR7!

On the other hand, it's our post match analysis... it's just too difficult to judge correctly in that moment, especially against a quick player like Ronaldo

EDIT: But the good thing is that Dortmund won and Oezil had a brilliant assist... his pass to Ronaldo was absolutely perfect :D

Maybe he wouldn't have scored, but I think the way Wiedenfeller came out was the way he should have acted. He made it very difficult for Ronaldo to score as opposed to the easy chance he'd have had if he had been allowed time to control the ball and aim (which would have been what would have happened had he remained on the goal line)
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby smaw2010 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:38 am

Weidenfeller came out was right, but he should have came out later, it created too much space between him and the goal for CR7 to lob him. I think that the main problem that he was lobbed is that he came out too slow, the way he came out was way too slow if you want to stop a one on one.
smaw2010
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby MaCk0y » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:13 am

Weidenfeller was undecided. He came out but stopped midway. He should have stayed on the goal line. That way Ronaldo would have had to control the ball and Subotic would have recovered, if not completely at least would have put pressure on him which would have made it a lot more difficult to score.
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby dambun » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:29 pm

MUTU wrote:He made it very difficult for Ronaldo to score as opposed to the easy chance he'd have had if he had been allowed time to control the ball and aim

I'm not questioning Weidenfeller's decision, because we have post-scene information... But to say that him coming out made it difficult for Ronaldo is totally wrong IMO... Ronaldo would have had a much harder time controling the ball and then having a good shoot on target, because a defender was coming his way (Bender or Subotic, not sure) and the angle was getting tighter all the time... Contrary to a routine cheap that he scored with... (I think he scored a similar goal vs. Ajax)
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:36 pm

Routine chip? Nope, at that speed (leaving all the defenders well in his wake) such a chip is very very difficult and you should take nothing away from Ronaldo. It was by no means an easy goal. I would bet not a single one of our players would have scored that except for MAYBE Ribéry.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby dambun » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:33 pm

MUTU wrote:Routine chip? Nope, at that speed (leaving all the defenders well in his wake) such a chip is very very difficult and you should take nothing away from Ronaldo. It was by no means an easy goal

lol... not a rountine chip for you and me.... but a totally routine chip for Ronaldo!
Just watch his goal vs. Ajax.... the 2 goals look exactly the same... IMO it was an easy shot for Ronaldo...

Anyway, scoring from a tight angle with a GK in goal and a defender approaching (thus limiting your efficient time and space) is by no means easier than scoring by a cheap into an empty goal.... and not just for Ronaldo
"" "" "" ""
Time for overhaul!
dambun

National Flag:
Iran

Postby MUTU » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:00 pm

Let's just agree to disagree. I still think Ronaldo was thinking "dammit, he's coming off of his line" right before landing that beauty past him
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby SilentStrike » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:08 pm

=D> =D>

Lame ass city fans btw
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby The Spyware » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:50 am

Yes and it was also clear to hear while watching the match
Most of the english crowds behave like a cinema crowd
The Spyware
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Egypt

Postby Commodore » Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Not that much a fault of the people, though, to be fair. It's just that the dreaded "Modern Football" has struck England the harshest out of all countries. The advent of all-seater stadiums after the Hillsborough disaster, the exorbitantly high entry fees, and the lack of real supporter areas make it nearly impossible for English supporters to beat a crowd like Dortmund, who have "The Süd" at home. Their "Yellow Wall" terrace which holds up to 25,000 standing, screaming and chanting hardcore Borussia fans.

I remember that United fans said similar things about how awesome the Bayern fans were in 2010, and that we kept supporting the team hardcore while being 3:0 down.

I don't think there are a lot of teams in Germany who wouldn't totally rout the home fans in an English stadium atmosphere-wise. Wolfsburg, Hoffenheim and Fürth, maybe.
"There are two things I am afraid of: War and Oliver Kahn."

-Mehmet Scholl
Commodore
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby BayernLove » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:03 pm

SilentStrike wrote:=D> =D>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2unm3HTmfMk

Lame ass city fans btw

A team full of Poles and THEY're the ones taking over another ground?
:casual discrimination:
Jesus saves, but Kahn does it better ;)
BayernLove
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Jordan

Postby MaCk0y » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:48 pm

Freiburg hit the post !
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany