You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Badger » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:51 pm

I'm genuinely sorry to see Dortmund where they are. The Bundesliga enjoyed a different Dortmund a couple of years ago, and they were a pleasure to watch. Now their confidence seems so shattered that even I have recognised that storming up the table in the second half of the season is unlikely.

Does anyone else think that Peresic was a loss? I was surprised when they sold him, had it partly confirmed by his World Cup performances, and again by his contributions to the current Wolfsburg team. Selling him was not the cause of their downfall, of course, but he's looking more and more like one they shouldn't have let get away so easily.
"Wherever that man went, he went gratefully."
--------- Attributed to Seamus Heaney ---------
Badger
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Northern Ireland
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member

Postby Borusse » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:30 am

:cry:
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby JJJ » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:39 am

@ quaazi - BONUS lol. :mrgreen:

MATS COME HOME!
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby runaway » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:47 am

quaazi wrote:BONUS - Grosskreutz: Belongs in the 3. Liga.

:lol:

Can't see tweet? Click here!
Would be £1,291 richer by now.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:06 am

There are going to be some awesome games next season!

Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby DerKaiser » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:20 am

quaazi wrote:So let's just entertain the possibility of Dortmund going down (personally I don't think they will - teams a la Werder and Berlin are guaranteed to fvck up and let Dortmund escape, not Stuttgart though, they always, always, have a super second half of the season), who would stay in the team? Let's see:

Klopp: hard to call. If he isn't sacked midway through the season, then he probably won't in the summer either. And his stock wouldn't increase so suitors from abroad wouldn't be plentiful either. I think it all depends on how the campaign goes - if Dortmund get better and only barely get relegated in the end, then he really could stay on, but if he fails to pick up more than 2-3 points from the next 9 games, he's out, surely?

Weidenfehler: belongs in the 2. Liga.

Hummels: dude's out, no question about it. At the moment in his career where he'll make the step towards his top form, he cannot allow a year in the lower leagues. The only question is where, as he'll have his pick considering Dortmund will be financially certain to accept most bids.

Subotic: Also belongs in the 2. Liga. Probably has an inflated opinion of himself so leaving for a mid-lower-table club in a top league would fall through.

Papa: Now he is interesting. Doesn't have the high reputation of the former two, so suitors from abroad could be sparse. Joining a Gladbach or Wolfsburg would be ideal, but Dortmund will want to keep on one of their top class players when possible.

Schmelzer: who cares?

Durm: Probably still young and impressionable enough to stay with ol Kloppo in the 2. Liga, if he's still there.

Piszczek: Only one year remaining on his deal this summer, so... could keep his options open in case Dortmund manage an instant promotion. Isn't glamorous enough for big foreign interest.

Sahin: Kid knows better than to leave Dortmund.

Kagawa: Ditto.

Sven Bender: Another player who really can't afford a year away from the top division (much less a guaranteed two year stay away from european football). Despite not being a "big" name, he really should be on his way out when relegated. Back to München...? :wink:

Gündogan: His injury makes things complicated - otherwise he'd be out the moment anyone comes sniffing. All depends on interest in him - he'll surely love to switch clubs, but his stock may be down after the injury problems.

Reus: Out even if they don't get relegated.

Aubameyang: Curious this. Surely didn't leave Saint-Etienne to play in the 2. Liga, but will probably be on some decent wages and convinced that Dortmund will make an instant recovery. Besides, a pacy player like him could tear the lower league apart.

Miki: Do Dortmund even want him? How his worth has dropped.

Immobile: I wonder if he will be scapegoated for relegation? Could be... I'm sure some mid-table Italian side will come in with a low-ball bid to find it accepted and Immobile once again scoring 20+ goals in Serie A.

Kampl: Only just joined - both sides probably wouldn't yet want him moving.

Adrian Ramos: Perfect striker for the 2. Liga - and not prestigious enough to attract bids from top teams. Will surely stay.

BONUS - Grosskreutz: Belongs in the 3. Liga.

dont most players have a clause in their contracts if the team gets relegated?
Statistics are like miniskirts . What they reveal is tantalizing, but what they hide is crucial.
DerKaiser
I post all the time

National Flag:
Germany

Postby runaway » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:22 am

If that's the case, surely it would be out in the media by now. I know in PL, Sunderland and QPR have relegation clauses in all their player contracts. But it's only Drmic recently that got a relegation clause activated.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby quaazi » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:30 am

Yeah, usually only relegation threatened teams put those clauses in. I doubt players who joined Dortmund would've envisioned seeing the eventuality - rather they wanted to include title-winning bonuses, you'd think.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby ramsej84 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:12 am

does anybody knows what the BVB ultras were saying to Hummels and Roman ?
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby tflags » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:56 am

I'm pretty sure any player anywhere with a decent Jerry Maguire as an agent has a Relegation release clause on his contract amongst other free-get-out-of-jail-cards.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby krkla » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:14 pm

Wow... Simple as that. I don't even find this funny anymore. Seeing the reaction of the südtribüne, after yet another failure, wasn't pleasent. They are supporters just like we are (duh), buying tickets, jerseys, merchandise, memberships, making Signal Iduna Park on of the most feared grounds to enter in europe. Well... at least it used to be. This downward spiral only comes to show how fast this transformation can happen. In the beginning people blamed us for cleaning their squad of talent, but even those arguments have vanished. The problem is obviously way deeper, since on paper, they should easily be in second place with the talentpool their squad possesses. I just remember what a disaster it was for us, when in 2007 we only qualified for the Uefa Cup. But that isn't even comparable to what is happening in Dortmund.

What Weidenfeller and Hummels did after the match was admirable. And Klopps facial expression speaks louder than words. In regards to Klopp, i see two possible outcomes. Dortmund won't fire him, i am almost certain of that, so either he leaves before the end of the season or, in the case of relegation he stays, at least until he gets them promoted again.

krkla
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Denmark

Postby MillaMjau » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:32 pm

Poor BVB. :(
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland

Postby FCB general » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:43 pm

This video is almost close to funeral or strike. Really sad pictures, guys simply don't know what to do or what to say.

Especially these scenes with fans, even they don't get it and they don't know what to say.

Klopp is so down on the ground, something what he wasn't at Mainz when the club was first time relagated in 2. Bundesliga.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MaCk0y » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:55 pm

There's one constant factor in Dortmund's downfall. Puma.

Sent from Neo N003
MaCk0y
Assistant Admin

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby runaway » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:01 pm

Arsene Wenger probably blames Puma for his 4th place every year. He spends most of his time trying to zip that coat than focusing on his team.

via Tapatalk
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany