You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby runaway » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:59 pm

This is a new chapter on Klopp's career. He brought them to the top and now the challenge is to stay there or be like the others who had challenged Bayern in the past.

People forget, Klopp has never managed a top team. Yes, BVB is a top team now. But these are growing pains for Klopp, learning to be more than a track suit manager for an 'underdog' club to a smarter manager for a club that aims for consistent silverware.

Some of his philosophies would need to be compromised. Weeks and the amateur mistakes of the defense has not been fixed. It's not an easy task but some players are return offenders like Weidenfeller and Ginter. Is the lack of fit personnel preventing him to bench Ginter and Weidenfeller?

His transfer policy of unearthing gems. It worked when Sahin and Kagawa left and Gundogan and Götze stepped up. But Mkhitaryan is hit and miss. Aubameyang is a great buy. Jojic looked promising last season. It's a risky low cost-high return transfer policy that doesn't guarantee immediate results. A top team doesn't replace their departing top player with an unproven player. Even a financially challenged Atletico bought a proven stiker to replace their striker. (They actually bought Immobile's strike partner, Cerci, who's also sitting in the bench)

He recently said:
"If you always want success (If you want nothing but success), become a fan of FC Bayern Munich."

Somebody needs to tell Klopp that's what his own fans aims now. A manager can have a trophyless season and still be considered successful. *ahem* Mourinho *ahem*

The whistles are slowly coming. Some BVB fans whistled in their loss against Eintracht. No PL style "manager out" banners and banners on plane yet.

via Tapatalk
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby Bavarians » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:31 pm

Jürgen Klopp: "Friday is our High Noon!"

Vorm start of the 14. Gameday Bundesliga white coach Jürgen Klopp of bottom Borussia Dortmund, which has struck the hour ". On Friday is our High Noon We have to show what we draufhaben," the 47-year-old said at a press conference two days before the duel with his team 1899 Hoffenheim (on Friday from 20.15 clock in t-online.de live ticker).

Klopp said three days after the 0: 2 defeat of Borussia Dortmund Eintracht Frankfurt and the crash of the number 18, that his team was clear for some time that it is located in a relegation battle and the current situation knows this.

Real men instead of true love

In the relegation battle he need experienced guys who can withstand the pressure and setbacks during a game against resistant. In addition, Klopp implored again cohesion in the team. "We have a tremendous opportunity to emerge stronger from the crisis, without that we have been apart divided during this difficult period. In the replica hopefully we will find that the club has grown together even more closely," expressed the Dortmund coach despite the difficult and unusual situation quite confident.

To land a coup against Hoffenheim and possibly initiate change for the better, but he needed personnel not fall at the first gust of wind. "We now try in training to find out who can withstand this situation and ask then" Klopp announced personnel changes his starting XI against the away game in Frankfurt. There his team had after the 0: 1 earlier lost again by Alexander Meier in the fifth minute of the thread and had resigned to their fate. The last missing champion Mats Hummels and Jakub Blaszczykowski are again entered the full training and could already against Hoffenheim be alternatives.

Matured in a relegation battle as a footballer

Klopp is convinced that he can help 05 relegation of the team with its own long experience as a professional of Mainz. ". I have constantly put up a season as a footballer in a relegation battle I know how relegation working and needs to think like a team to manage it," the 325-times second division player who draws hope also from his own past said "I passed 98 percent of my descent struggles successful. And I believe that there are 100. "

No thoughts of resignation

At the same time assured Klopp that his team and he himself would like to draw the last missed happiness again. "I have rarely worked so much like at the moment. For diligence always helps to get better," said Klopp. He made the end of the press conference also clear once again that he is currently wasting no thought of resignation: "For the moment I have no time, because I use it, my concentration that we come out of this awkward situation."

http://www.t-online.de/sport/fussball/b ... noon-.html
MIA SAN MIA @ Deutscher Meister

http://www.fantasybundes.com/en/my-team

Bavarians
Woah, this feels cool!

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Portugal

Postby quaazi » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:21 pm

runaway wrote:People forget, Klopp has never managed a top team. Yes, BVB is a top team now. But these are growing pains for Klopp, learning to be more than a track suit manager for an 'underdog' club to a smarter manager for a club that aims for consistent silverware.

Some of his philosophies would need to be compromised. Weeks and the amateur mistakes of the defense has not been fixed. It's not an easy task but some players are return offenders like Weidenfeller and Ginter. Is the lack of fit personnel preventing him to bench Ginter and Weidenfeller?

His transfer policy of unearthing gems. It worked when Sahin and Kagawa left and Gundogan and Götze stepped up. But Mkhitaryan is hit and miss. Aubameyang is a great buy. Jojic looked promising last season. It's a risky low cost-high return transfer policy that doesn't guarantee immediate results. A top team doesn't replace their departing top player with an unproven player. Even a financially challenged Atletico bought a proven stiker to replace their striker. (They actually bought Immobile's strike partner, Cerci, who's also sitting in the bench)

Indeed, and why I've been very cautious of ideas bringing in fellows like Klopp or Favre or Tuchel or whoever to Bayern for years now.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:53 pm

Who PEP? WHOO PEP?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Jorge » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:53 pm

Since the move to replace Lewa failed I am asking myself if Dortmund should go in January for a legend-type game-changer striker that can come off the bench in the last 15-20 min and help turning some games around. Bayern did it with Pizarro (although he has proven that he can play more than 20 min) Chelsea has done it with Drogba and Eto'o and there are many other examples. A name that comes to my mind right now is Thierry Henry who will be out of contract in January and seems to be in fine form.
Jorge
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
World Trade Organization

Postby Ottomeister13 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:03 pm

You really think Henry will low himself with an 18th spot team? He'd rather go back to Arsenal.
Ottomeister13

Postby MillaMjau » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:53 pm

Weidenfeller benched for tonight's match.
Das Runde muss ins Eckige!
MillaMjau
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Finland
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby runaway » Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:54 pm

Yep Weidenfeller and Ginter are both benched. Klopp lurking the forums. :coffee:
Can't see tweet? Click here!
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:29 am

Jorge wrote:Since the move to replace Lewa failed I am asking myself if Dortmund should go in January for a legend-type game-changer striker that can come off the bench in the last 15-20 min and help turning some games around. Bayern did it with Pizarro (although he has proven that he can play more than 20 min) Chelsea has done it with Drogba and Eto'o and there are many other examples. A name that comes to my mind right now is Thierry Henry who will be out of contract in January and seems to be in fine form.

I watched some NY Red Bulls games in the last few seasons and Henry is soooooooooo lazy. I don't think his fitness is good enough to play in BL.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby YlonenXabi » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:32 am

BTW I'm still convinced that Dortmund will be in the Top 4 at the end of the season. Most of the BL teams are too inconsistent and Dortmund just need a 3-4 game winning streak
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Spain

Postby theundead » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:16 am

theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby ramsej84 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:38 am

theundead wrote:Image

this guy slept with Klopp's face in his mind... and this morning he woke up h*** & sweaty :lol:
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Malta

Postby pyrasur » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:57 pm

YlonenXabi wrote:BTW I'm still convinced that Dortmund will be in the Top 4 at the end of the season. Most of the BL teams are too inconsistent and Dortmund just need a 3-4 game winning streak

Agree think they can as well. Hopefully they can get a good spell going so that they are in top form for Europe.
而剑法的最高境界,则是手中无剑,心中也无剑,是以大胸怀,包容一切。那便是不杀,便是和平。-英雄
pyrasur
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby PunkCapitalist » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:54 pm

Maybe a they go to Europa League a sin It, But I doubt they can make it to champions, which is a shame.
PunkCapitalist

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby YlonenXabi » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:37 am

PunkCapitalist wrote:Maybe a they go to Europa League a sin It, But I doubt they can make it to champions, which is a shame.

Well, they are exactly 9 points away from both EL and CL.

Hertha - Dortmund
Dortmund - Wolfsburg
Werder Bremen - Dortmund

That's what they have before the winter break. At least 7/9 points sounds realistic to me.
I TRUST IN ARJEN ROBBEN
YlonenXabi

National Flag:
Spain

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany