You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby tflags » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:22 pm

I agree a lot with Uli. Bayern has got to start playing politics (as they have started already) with Reus' transfer. Dortmund hits second division, Bayern's going to have a HUGE problema to deal with.
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Ottomeister13 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:55 pm

Because? Wolfsburg and BmG are filling those roles now.
Ottomeister13

Postby endrity » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:56 am

International TV rights is where the big money is and will be in the future. It's where Bayern gets dwarfed by PL rivals. And in order to make that up, it needs a competitive Bundesliga to sell abroad. English teams might not be all that, as we have seen in the CL again this year, but it makes for an interesting view still given the relative competitivness compared to Spain, Germany, France and even Italy where I can tell you right now which team will win with 90% confidence.

And without a good Dortmund in the long run there is no way the BuLi can sell abroad. BMG and Wolfsburg are small time compared to Dortmund, in terms of everything, fanbase, stadium, recent success. And I am very sure Kramer and the like will not be at Gladbach for too long either.
endrity
I'm a chatterbox!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Ottomeister13 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:22 am

As if Kramer is THE man at BmG... I am getting tired about his blowing Sugar in his ass talk about him. Gladbach is a team, not a single player who stands out.
Ottomeister13

Postby runaway » Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:22 am

If we look at it, it's not the "competitiveness" but the marketing that gives tv money boost. PL is the most hyped league.

Competitive? From 2000-2014 season, only 9 teams have made it to top 4. Bundeliga, 11 teams. La liga 14 teams.

I was curious about Bundesliga's constant change in the table the other day and compiled them in a table. I'll try and write a more detailed post some other time but here are my initial observations:

> Bundesliga teams slowly climb their way to the top. Challenging Bayern for the title is the hardest feat. But the playing field is level and there isn't a huge gap between teams thus we have seen that in 14 years, there have been 5 champions, 6 teams in 2nd place, 7 teams in 3rd place, 8 teams in 4th place. 7 teams who were not previous champions were able to finish in Top 4.

> PL, there is a clear ceiling in Top 4. In 14 years, only Chelsea and City were able to climb the table and win the title. They have 4 champions, 5 teams in 2nd place, 5 teams in 3rd place, and 7 teams in 4th place. 5 teams who were not previous champions were able to finish in Top 4.

> La Liga is in a rollercoaster. One of the reasons their duopoly persists, is because of the inconsistency of those set to challenge their reign. Valencia and Atletico Madrid, two teams who were able to break the duopoly has never finished 2nd or 3rd. Deportivo, Villareal, and Sociedad had finished 2nd but are now in mid-table as well as other previous teams who have finished Top 4 like Malaga, Osasuna, Betis, Bilbao. They ran out of fuel after making their way to the top and their decline persists for several seasons. In 14 years, they have 4 champions, 5 teams in 2nd place, 7 teams in 3rd place, and 12 teams in 4th place. Apart from the 4 teams that won the title, there have been 10 teams in the top 4; 5 of which have not finished higher than 4th.

P.S Remember data I've used were starting from season 2000-2001 to season 2013-2014.
“If players weren’t human, I’d never lose.” ~El Loco
runaway
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby endrity » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Well sure, the PL also was extremely well marketed and understood the importance of the Asian market at a time when the others were laughing about it.

In their golden era, post-2003, they have been even less competitive I'd say with only 7 teams making it to the top4, the usual ones and Everton (once), Tottenham (once) and now City. But unlike the BuLi, competition for the top spot has always been extremely fierce. Only once did ManU run away with the title, it's usually gone down to the wire. They are also helped by a more equal distribution of TV money that helps all teams, just like the BuLi is trying to do but which is completely the opposite of La Liga and until recently Serie A.

So I'd say that while there isn't as much of a turnover at the top of the league in England as there is Germany, the teams that have been on the top have consistently challenged each other. While that is bad news for likes of Newcastle and Aston Villa, it's made for a great show for fans following the league. Whereas it's great for the likes of Stuttgart and Hertha fans to believe that they can easily climb to the top if they make a few good decisions, most fans abroad will not care much about seeing constantly new teams rising and falling without ever becoming a team worth following in the long run.
endrity
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby endrity » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:14 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:As if Kramer is THE man at BmG... I am getting tired about his blowing Sugar in his ass talk about him. Gladbach is a team, not a single player who stands out.

Sure, Gladbach is bigger than him, but he has developed quite nicely in the last year or so. He has impressed me quite a bit in recent weeks and is much more of a playmaker than I gave him credit for. I think he's due a big move this summer, and if not Bayern than I hope BVB can get him.
endrity
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby nm462272 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:39 pm

endrity wrote:
Ottomeister13 wrote:As if Kramer is THE man at BmG... I am getting tired about his blowing Sugar in his ass talk about him. Gladbach is a team, not a single player who stands out.

Sure, Gladbach is bigger than him, but he has developed quite nicely in the last year or so. He has impressed me quite a bit in recent weeks and is much more of a playmaker than I gave him credit for. I think he's due a big move this summer, and if not Bayern than I hope BVB can get him.

Great player, but I think he'll go abroad rather than stay in Germany.
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

Euer Hass ist unser Stolz!
nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby JANKER » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:04 pm

runaway wrote:If we look at it, it's not the "competitiveness" but the marketing that gives tv money boost. PL is the most hyped league.

:thumbup:
La chance, c’est ce qu’on croit toujours qu’on n’a pas.
JANKER
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Basque Country

Postby runaway » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:35 pm

Borussia surpass Juve’s Champions League record. [source]

Four games, four wins, a 13-1 goal difference. Never before have Borussia Dortmund started a UEFA Champions League campaign so well. Never before has a team started a campaign in European club football's premier competition so well. BVB have surpassed the previous record held by Juventus.

Good Klopp, Bad Klopp.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby ramsej84 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:43 pm

BVB's shopping list for 2015-2016

defence : Rudiger
defensive midfield : Khedira
attacking midfield : Oezil &
Shaqiri (if Reus joins FCB)

to replace the outgoing players
Reus & Hummels
U l-Kotra qamet f’daqqa – u għajtet: “Jien Maltija!
Miskin min ikasbarni, - miskin min jidħak bija!”
U l-Kotra għanniet f’daqqa – u semmgħet ma’ l-irjieħ
L-Innu ta’ Malta tagħna, – u l-leħen kien rebbieħ,
ramsej84
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby theundead » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:47 pm

runaway wrote:
Borussia surpass Juve’s Champions League record. [source]

Four games, four wins, a 13-1 goal difference. Never before have Borussia Dortmund started a UEFA Champions League campaign so well. Never before has a team started a campaign in European club football's premier competition so well. BVB have surpassed the previous record held by Juventus.

Good Klopp, Bad Klopp.

Pep, its time to break another record!!! :D :D :D
theundead
I'm a chatterbox!

National Flag:
Pakistan

Postby nm462272 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:50 pm

ramsej84 wrote:BVB's shopping list for 2015-2016

defence : Rudiger
defensive midfield : Khedira
attacking midfield : Oezil &
Shaqiri (if Reus joins FCB)

to replace the outgoing players
Reus & Hummels

What does Hummels current contract situation look like? I'm assuming he also has a release clause buried in?
Des interessiert mi ois ned, der Scheißdreck. Weltmeister samma! Den Pott hamma! Den scheiß goldener Schuh kannst da hinter d’Ohr’n schmiern! - Mia San Mia

nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

Postby runaway » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:10 pm

I don't think Hummels has a release clause. Reus is the only one reported to have it and Gundogan is the only one with an expiring contract.

Would Hummels really leave? There have been tons of articles linking him to United alone but he did accept the captain's armband. That for me shows, an affinity for the club. And staying in Germany and wracking up those endorsement money is not a bad gig either.
runaway
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Philippines

Postby nm462272 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:31 pm

This is just my opinion, based on nothing in particular, but Hummels feels much more "connected" to Dortmund than Reus. While I'm sure Reus moves to another team, I feel like Hummels will stay with them for a good long time.

nm462272
I post all the time

National Flag:
United States of America

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany