You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:56 pm

Pretty much what I expected.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby ottackon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:19 pm

They were unlucky today as they actually managed to creat a lot of chances to score, but Zieler was exceptionnal
ottackon
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Bazi » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:44 am

ottackon wrote:They were unlucky today as they actually managed to creat a lot of chances to score, but Zieler was exceptionnal

I don't know if that's really accurate to simply explain the loss with bad luck. The quantity of their chances was sufficient, but the quality was below par. Mkhitaryan's shot in the first half was a difficult effort in mid-rotation, but at least 15 meters away from goal. Hummel's header was a set-piece and not out of normal play, even the chances of Marco Reus in the 2nd half were always contested by a defender or Zieler who at least closed down the angle of each shot.

Ever since Robert Lewandowski left, they have lost their last guy who could realiably open up the opponent's defence for those fast and skillful players like Reus and Mkhitaryan. Therefore the quality of their chances has decreased, the conversion rate is poor, because a lot of those chances are much harder to put into the net than they used to be, but it's not only about Lewandowski.

We have been talking about this matter over a year ago when they chose Mkhitaryan over Eriksen as Mario Götze's replacement. I have a lot of respect for Jürgen Klopp, but this crisis didn't come out of the blue. There's a good reason why Dortmund struggles in the league and excels in the Champions League. Internationally the majority of teams come into the competition with the entitlement to dominate games and are unable or unwilling to give away possession, which would harm Dortmund's counter-attacking game. Instead even an internationally mediocre team like Galatasaray played with a high line of defence and plenty of gaps for BVB to exploit.

Nobody plays like that in the Bundesliga against Dortmund anymore. Even Pep Guardiola learned his lesson and changed his tactics to a less dominant formation in the DFB cup final 2014, all the other technically gifted teams like Schalke, Hoffenheim, Leverkusen and Mönchengladbach play counter-attacking football against Klopp's team. For example Mkhitaryan is a brilliant player in the game of quick transitions, but Götze was a player who exceled in both a possession oriented and counter-attacking stile of play. Therefore it's only logical that the Armenian struggles to produce in the Bundesliga and all of their recent transfers suffer from similar symptoms.

I'm 100% convinced BVB would have demolished Hannover96 at least 3-0 or 4-0 had they managed to score the 1-0, but they don't have the player material to reliably score that 1-0 against ultra-defensive teams (basically everybody) anymore. That's the cardinal error of their last two transfer periods, they believed their system could do without that creative quality in possession if only everybody gave it enough effort and played according to Klopp's system.

Two or three bad games are bad luck, this is a crisis of the playing approach and the BVB philosophy.
Bazi
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby ottackon » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:17 pm

I agree with you as I think Klopp must evolve his philosophy into a more complete and varied game, but right now, it's still premature to bury his team who remains superiour, in terms of quality and experience, to all other Bundesliga squads by miles.
ottackon

National Flag:
Morocco

Postby Borusse » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:53 pm

We always had problems with playing against deep sitting teams but at the end we managed to score the goals we needed. The problem in attack comes from inexperience and lack of chemistry.

Just look at it from the perspective on individual players:

Reus - Kagawa is a new teammate for him, so are Immobile and Ramos.
Miki - Kagawa and Gundogan are new teammates for him, Immobile and Ramos as well.
Kagawa - Miki, Reus, Immobile, Ramos and Aubameyang - all of them are new to him.

They will need time to start understanding each other and playing well together.

Lewandowski is a factor here but not the main reason we're struggling. In previous games it wasn't about finishing, it was about not even creating that many chances. Against Hannover we created enough to have an very easy win, didn't use them. That's what happens when the team doesn't have the necessary confidence. We need to refind our confidence again. You can see in Bundesliga we're playing like we're afraid of losing the ball, we're nervous, we make simple mistakes.

Tough season, very tough. It's heartbreaking because I had very high hopes.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:46 pm

6 losses already and 3 at home if i am not mistaken? Normally BvB home field was almost untakeble..
Ottomeister13

Postby tflags » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:45 am

I was looking for this thread but I had a hard time finding it. Looks like it was a bit relegated behind some more updated threads.

Do we have a list of their current injury status for Saturday?
Kimmich
Kimmich - Thiago - Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich -- Hummels -- Boa --Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Ecuador
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:55 am

Do "we" have? Do you feel to proud to ask me directly, huh?!

Sahin, Schmelzer and Kuba, that's our injury status. Rest of the team is healthy and ready.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby sws » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:33 pm

Borusse wrote:Do "we" have? Do you feel to proud to ask me directly, huh?!

Sahin, Schmelzer and Kuba, that's our injury status. Rest of the team is healthy and ready.

What do you think the lineup will be?
sws
Yeah, now I'm talking!

Years of membershipYears of membership

Postby quaazi » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Wow, must be nice being so injury free. :roll:
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby tflags » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:11 pm

Dude, if you can't take a swipe from your main competitors, you have been lurking on the wrong forum. Besides, I've been more than encouraging (more than you) on their other targets. You ain't playing St. Pauli for a living next season either, don't be so sensitive.
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Borusse » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:50 pm

Who's being sensitive? You clearly didn't get the joke, the "huh?!" should be a strong enough indicator. ^^

sws wrote:

What do you think the lineup will be?

Probably this:

Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Sokratis - Bender, Gundogan - Miki, Kagawa, Reus - Aubameyang
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby tflags » Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:51 pm

But I thought you.. never mind. Ok, since we are still in talking terms - at least until Saturday - what's your prediction?
Kimmich
Kimmich -- Kimmich
Kimmich with Gloves
tflags

National Flag:
Ecuador

Postby Borusse » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:16 pm

1-0 for Bayern but I predicted 2-1 for Dortmund in the prediction game. :D
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Tedesco » Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:56 pm

Borusse wrote:1-0 for Bayern but I predicted 2-1 for Dortmund in the prediction game. :D

Same, but the opposite. 1-2 Bayern :P
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

National Flag:
Germany

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany