You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Ottomeister13 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:51 pm

I just cant understand how a coach can put 3 players who came back from injuries, to put them in the starting grid. Especially Gundogan and Reus, who both had bigger injuries in the last couple of months ( Gundogan even 1,5 year ). What does he expect? To beat everyone now? They dont even have the playing experience after the injury..
Ottomeister13

Postby Borusse » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:16 pm

Neo_serenity wrote:Did Reus play the entire game? What about Hummels?

Both played full 90 minutes. Reus looked average, Hummels was terrible.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:23 pm

Ottomeister13 wrote:I just cant understand how a coach can put 3 players who came back from injuries, to put them in the starting grid. Especially Gundogan and Reus, who both had bigger injuries in the last couple of months ( Gundogan even 1,5 year ). What does he expect? To beat everyone now? They dont even have the playing experience after the injury..

True, that was way too optimistic from Klopp. It's not preseason where all the opponents are missing match form anyway. Quite silly from him. And now they lose more confidence ahead of the Champions League.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:36 pm

Dortmund need to wake up and start climbing that table already because it'll be disaster for the BL if they don't finish in the top 4.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:49 pm

FCBayernMunchen wrote:Dortmund need to wake up and start climbing that table already because it'll be disaster for the BL if they don't finish in the top 4.

Don't know why but Im still sure we will finish in top4 and even top3. I don't really have any arguments to support that feeling but Im not worried that much.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Borusse » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:09 pm

Remember when Dortmund's nightmare started? The day I wrote "Nice result." in your HSV - Bayern thread. I must take the blame for this crisis. :(
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:27 pm

Borusse wrote:Remember when Dortmund's nightmare started? The day I wrote "Nice result." in your HSV - Bayern thread. I must take the blame for this crisis. :(

Haha since then even FC Bayern II won all their matches :P
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:11 pm

Borusse wrote:
FCBayernMunchen wrote:Dortmund need to wake up and start climbing that table already because it'll be disaster for the BL if they don't finish in the top 4.

Don't know why but Im still sure we will finish in top4 and even top3. I don't really have any arguments to support that feeling but Im not worried that much.

At this point so am I, but if things don't look up soon I will start to doubt it.
We will rise again! (when we stop burying our heads in the sand)
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby endrity » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:04 am

I've always thought that Klopp tends to rush his players from injuries way too soon. That can because of their lack of depth, but it has come to hurt him very often. And in a way, I also suspect that this combined with his high pressing style is also the source of many of their injuries, especially the little knocks that a lot of his players keep getting.

In addittion his high line has been slaughtered this year, teams keep getting through way too easy to the point that I think it's not just a personnel issue anymore but that overall teams simply know how to exploit it better.

They also are paying the price of not investing in a keeper earlier. While Ter Stegen is a bit overrated in my view, I think he would have been better than Weidenfeller at this point. They both are very good shot-stoppers but RW is getting really slow in coming out of the goal and handling the area. I don't think Ter Stegen is elite in this area, but he is younger and more athletic, and still able to react quickly. Problem is that if you play a high line, you need someone like Neuer who is also athletic enough and good enough with his feet so that he is comfortable playing out of goal.

In general I think Klopp needs to become a bit more pragmatic in his approach and learn that at times it's ok to win ugly. A lot of other coaches have done so in the past, Alex Fergusson remarkably so. He can't keep going gung-ho in every game. It's inexcusable that Koln kept getting a lot of clear chances and that Dortmund was in no way responding to that by slowing down the rhythm and composing themselves a bit.
endrity
I'm a chatterbox!

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:33 am

endrity wrote:I've always thought that Klopp tends to rush his players from injuries way too soon.

Indeed. Klopp seems to underrate injuries and that's why they continue to haunt him.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:48 am

Now we have almost the entire squad ready but we still suck... There is some kind of a problem we can't seem to fix...
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:20 pm

Borusse wrote:Now we have almost the entire squad ready but we still suck... There is some kind of a problem we can't seem to fix...

It's called motivation. You gave up on the Bundesliga title ages ago.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:26 pm

Nooo, that's no it. In practically every game we ran around 120 km, we gave more shots on goal etc. The problem is not motivation, you can see in our game how we struggle to do the simplest things. It's like we forgot how to play football, amateur mistakes in defence and very inprecise passes up front. We are playing like we want to do something but just can't. We're in a deep crisis but lack of motivation for BuLi is definitely not the reason for these results.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Tedesco » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:28 pm

Too many new players maybe?
Tedesco
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Germany

Postby Ottomeister13 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Sport1 is reporting that there seem to be problems inside the group...
Ottomeister13

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany