You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby Borusse » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:42 pm

Bild speculates it would be aproximately 7 million euros.
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby AdepT » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:00 pm

Borusse wrote:Bild speculates it would be aproximately 7 million euros.

That's cheap. Snap him up. Depth would also improve next season when Kuba returns.

Spurs demanded more from Schalke. Somewhere around 12m, that's why they backed out. 7m is a nice deal.
'To be successful, you have to give everything.' - Bastian Schweinsteiger
AdepT
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
India
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby FCB general » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:13 pm

Borusse wrote:Volland will not join us this transfer window. Maybe in the summer.

Holtby? I would want him to join us definitely but Im afraid its just Bild speculation, nothing more.

That's understandable. Hoppenheim won't lose their treasure in the middle of the season. In summer he'll definitely move if Klopp make a call for action, I'm 100% sure.

Holtby will move within the next 3 days if Tottenham accept potential Dortmund bid.

What I also think Dortmund should look for Kagawa, too. There's many players who can jump in if this injury misfortune keep running until the end of the season.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general
I live on BayernForum.com

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:20 pm

FCB general wrote:Hoppenheim won't lose their treasure in the middle of the season.

Their position is... how shall I put it... boring, in 13th place and a whopping 12 points away from an Europa League qualifying spot. Without Volland they won't get relegated, and with Volland they won't qualify for Europe. They may as well cash in on him now and start preparing for next season. In the meantime perhaps a youngster gains some important first team experience from Volland's absence.
30GB free cloud storage. Click here for the referral.
MUTU
Site Admin & EURO 2016 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby FCB general » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:34 pm

MUTU wrote:
FCB general wrote:Hoppenheim won't lose their treasure in the middle of the season.

Their position is... how shall I put it... boring, in 13th place and a whopping 12 points away from an Europa League qualifying spot. Without Volland they won't get relegated, and with Volland they won't qualify for Europe. They may as well cash in on him now and start preparing for next season. In the meantime perhaps a youngster gains some important first team experience from Volland's absence.

Yes, but Volland doesn't have to risk that much. He can simply move in summer 2014 and start from the begining of pre-season program. After all, Lewy is no. 1 at Dortmund all the time.

It's safer for Hoppenheim to keep his striker until the end of June 2014. Then Dortmund can start building a whole new team, especially on the striker position.

Then Klopp should look for a new CB, backup RB, CM, quality wingers, etc.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:37 pm

Ah yes, I completely ignored the potential transfer from the player's aspect. Indeed, Volland has some hopes for World Cup 2014 and his chances would probably decrease if he moved to Dortmund already this transfer window.
MUTU

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:39 pm

They could actually increase very rapidly. He is better than Aubameyang imo and he would probably get a starting place in a matter of weeks. He's got huge potential and I think he could become one of our key players very fast.

But still, he is definitely staying in Hoffenheim till the end of the season.

We have to make sure we make GOOD use of the sumemr transfer window because if we won't, this might be our last chance to stay at the top.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCB general » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:42 pm

MUTU wrote:Ah yes, I completely ignored the potential transfer from the player's aspect. Indeed, Volland has some hopes for World Cup 2014 and his chances would probably decrease if he moved to Dortmund already this transfer window.

Finally! :wink: If you're a bench player you can't hope to anything. That's why is so important for him to play.

There's also Max Kruse who will also try to grab the ticket for Brasil. Both Klose and Gomez are still the first choice of Löw even though they don't play extra in recent times.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:42 pm

Borusse wrote:They could actually increase very rapidly. He is better than Aubameyang imo and he would probably get a starting place in a matter of weeks. He's got huge potential and I think he could become one of our key players very fast.

We have to make sure we make GOOD use of the sumemr transfer window because if we won't, this might be our last chance to stay at the top.

Last time you said Aubameyang has become better than Kuba, and now you're saying Volland is better than Aubameyang. Methinks you may be overrating the youngster.
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby JJJ » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:43 pm

FCB general wrote:Then Klopp should look for a new CB, backup RB, CM, quality wingers, etc.

Weidenfeller (Langerak)
Piszczek (Grosskreutz), Hummels (Sokratis), Subotic (Günter/Sarr), Schmelzer (Durm)
Gündogan (Sahin), Bender (Kehl)
Blaszczykowski (Aubameyang), Mkhitaryan (Kagawa?), Reus (Hofmann)
EMPTY!
Kraft
Lahm, Hummels, Badstuber, Contento
Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Can
Schöpf, Müller, Alaba

JJJ
I post all the time

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Borusse » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:46 pm

MUTU wrote:
Borusse wrote:They could actually increase very rapidly. He is better than Aubameyang imo and he would probably get a starting place in a matter of weeks. He's got huge potential and I think he could become one of our key players very fast.

Last time you said Aubameyang has become better than Kuba, and now you're saying Volland is better than Aubameyang. Methinks you may be overrating the youngster.

There is no overrating Volland. He is awesome. Aubameyang has become better than Kuba because he scores a lot more and Kuba was in a very poor form since the start of the season. Aubameyang is very one-dimensional player though. Volland has so much more to his game and thats what makes him the best out of these three.

We dont really need much at the back. We have Hummels, Sokratis and Subotic (next season) and a young promising talent in Sarr. Piszczek Grosskreutz on RB and Durm + Schmelzer on LB. What we need to do is make our attack more creative, that means Kagawa, Volland, extending Gundogan's contract and making his injury go away.
Last edited by Borusse on Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby FCB general » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:46 pm

JJJ wrote:
FCB general wrote:Then Klopp should look for a new CB, backup RB, CM, quality wingers, etc.

Weidenfeller (Langerak)
Piszczek (Grosskreutz), Hummels (Sokratis), Subotic (Günter/Sarr), Schmelzer (Durm)
Gündogan (Sahin), Bender (Kehl)
Blaszczykowski (Aubameyang), Mkhitaryan (Kagawa?), Reus (Hofmann)
EMPTY!

The bench. :wink:

We don't just talk about the first 11 anymore, but the quality of subs.
Cada loco con su tema.
FCB general

National Flag:
Red Cross

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:48 pm

Why doesn't Aubameyang play as the pure striker, Eto'o style?
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Borusse » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:48 pm

Ask Klopp. Many Dortmund supporters want to see Aubameyang start there. But well, Lewandowski is playing there at the moment. I guess playing Lewandowski on "10" wouldnt be a bad decision though, he can play well there.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MUTU » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:51 pm

Found this funny news from last December.

Germany's 100m sprint champion Julian Reus has challenged Borussia Dortmund winger Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to a sprint race to prove whether the football star is faster than Usain Bolt.

Aubameyang, who has scored nine Bundesliga goals this season, has clocked 3.7seconds over 30 metres in training, suggesting that he is faster than Bolt, who clocked 3.78secs over the same distance en route to setting the 100m world record of 9.58secs in 2009.

Last Saturday, Gabon international Aubameyang told German television show Sportstudio that he is faster than Bolt, a claim German sprint champion Julian Reus is eager to challenge and wants to race him.

"It is a blatant myth that Aubameyang is faster than Usain Bolt," said the 25-year-old Reus, whose personal best is 10.08secs, while Aubameyang has yet to accept the challenge.

"What Aubameyang claimed on television really annoyed me. I want to restore athletics' honour." [source]
MUTU

National Flag:
Malta

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany