You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of BayernForum.com

Borussia Dortmund

Discussions on German clubs and football. Want to hear more about Borussia Dortmund, Schalke, Bayer Leverkusen and other Bundesliga teams? Find it all here.

Re: Borussia Dortmund

Postby MoFattal » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:54 pm

I'm was referring to getting a young Japanese guy for a minimal sum and turning him into a top player ;)
MoFattal
2011/12 Prediction Game Winner

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon
BayernForum.com fan club: Active member
BayernForum.com donator: Yes

Postby Borusse » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:02 pm

He has to be Japanese then? Well, thats a little bit racist dont you think?

:D
Borusse
Borussia Dortmund Supporter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:50 am

:(
MoFattal

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Lebanon

Postby Borusse » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:12 am

Sportbild informs Gundogan is now completely injury-free and he enjoys participating in full training with the team. He can't wait for 2014 to start. =D>

Second half of the season should be really interesting. I really hope this crisis is behind us and with Bender, Schmelzer and of course Hummels and Gundogan back Dortmund will starting playing their best football. :)
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Borusse » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:22 pm

Interesting, Klopp's words from the interview for Rheinischen Post:

- We are seen as a top team, we will be seen like one and we do everything we can to play like one. But sometimes, for example after having so many injuries BVB becomes only a strong name but without real arguments.

He also moved the subject of the reasons of those injuries asking himself the question:

- I hear people say that our playing style might be the reason of those injuries. But you need to look at who is injuried and why. Then it is easy to realise those injuries have nothing in common.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby quaazi » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:57 pm

It's not an issue of the style of play directly causing injuries, it's an issue of the high pressing style damaging players' long-term fitness.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby SilentStrike » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:31 pm

quaazi wrote:It's not an issue of the style of play directly causing injuries, it's an issue of the high pressing style damaging players' long-term fitness.

Look at the type of injuries. All different. Lets say all had a muscle problem then perhaps klopp was indeed stressing the players' muscles too much.

However that is not the case at all. In fact we've had similar injury problems in the past but nobody complained about our style of play.

Bvb has been very unlucky but the second season half will indeed be interesting. They are as good as in the quarter finals already.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Aux Champs-Élysées
Aux Champs-Élysées
Au soleil, sous la pluie
À midi ou à minuit
Il y a tout ce que vous voulez
Aux Champs-Élysées
SilentStrike
I'm a post king!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Netherlands

Postby quaazi » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:07 pm

You're missing my point. Putting your body under more strain does give you a higher chance of injuries simply through exposure. It's a statistical phenomenon.
The ideal team

--------Müller with gloves--------
-Müller--Müller--Müller--Müller--
-------Müller---------Müller-------
----Müller----Müller----Müller----
---------------Müller---------------
quaazi
I tattooed BayernForum.com on my ass

National Flag:
Estonia

Postby Firefox1234 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:22 pm

Watzke slams Gundogan to Real Madrid rumours [source]

Spoiler: show
The Borussia Dortmund chief says Jurgen Klopp would have problems putting out a starting XI if every transfer rumour turned out to be true

Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke has slammed rumours claiming that Ilkay Gundogan is close to a move to Real Madrid.

The Germany international has 18 months left on his Signal Iduna Park contract and has been linked with a move to Manchester United and Arsenal in the past, although the player's father recently claimed Carlo Ancelotti's side are ready to make a move for his signature.

However, Watzke has urged fans not to believe the rumours, insisting the midfielder has made no suggestion he wants to leave.

"If we believe everything in the Spanish media about players supposedly leaving us. We would have to worry about getting a team together," he told Bild.

"We do not know from Ilkay or his father [who is also his agent] that he wants to leave."

Gundogan has endured a frustrating season, missing all but one Bundesliga game with a back injury picked up on international duty in August.
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby Borusse » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:44 pm

Also Gundogan's father said he didnt talk with Real Madrid and his first talking partner is Borussia Dortmund. Negotiations about the contract extension should begin next week.

I don't think he will extend though.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby Firefox1234 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Watzke expects Gundogan decision soon [source]
Welcome to the Allianz Arena....

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
Firefox1234

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Kenya

Postby FCBayernMunchen » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:36 am

Watzke: "At the moment fourth place is acceptable, but we would not be satisfied with a fourth place finish at Borussia Dortmund. That is not our objective.

"We want to qualify directly for the Champions League, ideally, as this is not out of our reach and of course I expect us to play better in the second half of the season." [source]
Super Bayern! Super Bayern! Hey! Hey!
FCBayernMunchen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

National Flag:
Malta

Postby Mia san Bayern » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:25 am

I think Dortmund has been a bit unfortunate with injuries in the first half of the season which makes their first place in their CL group even more impressive. They even had to use players like Friederich, who is very old, didn't play football for half a year and never was a great footballer to begin with and they had to call up an eighteen year old Sarr who lacks the physicallity and expirience to play in the Bundesliga. Young talents are great for the midfield and attack but central defenders require a bit more expirience.

This is why I think Dortmund will be stronger in the second half of the season and will make it to the top 3 in the Bundesliga.

However I wasn't impressed of Mkhitaryan in the first half of this season. He made a lot of silly mistakes and hasn't made the effort in midfield like Götze did but he might still had to get used to the Bundesliga and could improve in the second half because we have seen that he can play well and I hipe this happrns otherwise Dortmund might have a problem.
Here (at his club of six years Bayern Munich) it is always good, here I am happy and here it's fun. That is more important for me than the national team.
-Franck Ribery-
Mia san Bayern
Yeah, now I'm talking!

National Flag:
Albania

Postby Borusse » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:33 am

I believe in Mkhitaryan. If he wouldnt show his potential by now I would definitely be more worried. By after seeing this performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTiLlNZcObY

Or the one against Schalke Im convinced he is not just some average player, he really knows how to play at top level and I believe in him.

Biggest rumour of the last few months - Bild informed recently (for the second time I believe) that we are strongly interested in Diego Costa. First time I heard about it I laughed really. I dont know, I just dont see a player of his caliber joining us, Im not used to it. But it is technically possible, his buy-out clause is 38 million euros, definitely affordable for us after making it through to the knock-out phase and with good chances of playing in the quarterfinals.

Anyway, its highly unlikely Diego Costa will join us but if he does I will definitely forget about Lewandowski fast. This guy might have a bad temper sometimes but he is a hard-worker and a great footballer. Would be awesome to have him. Management knows we cannot underestimate the threat of Lewandowski's departure. We need to make sure we have a top level player as a replacement.

Anyway, I believe we will have much stronger second half of the season. In Champions League it looks like we should be able of reaching the quarterfinals at least. In Bundesliga we should be able of getting the TOP3 spot at the end. There is also DFB Pokal. There is still a lot to play for this season and it still might be a great campaign.
Borusse

National Flag:
Poland

Postby MoFattal » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:30 am

Diego Costa is currently one of the best strikers out there, but he is cup-tied on one hand and watched by almost all of the excessively-paying clubs on the other. Plus, Atletitco's project is not unappealing.
MoFattal

National Flag:
Lebanon

PreviousNext

Return to Football in Germany